a4brianp

Club Legend
May 28, 2001
sunshinecoast qld
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
swans kangaroos
Did any one go to the social club before or after the game on Saturday .What is it like and what sort of crowd was in there and how many can it handle.

Cheers

I was there before the game and at half time. It was a fair bit smaller than I had thought (last week they spread people out over the the floor but it looks like only part of that is Norths area.

There were quite a few people there but like others have said it doesn't really look like a NORTH social club. I know they don't want to disencourage other supporters from coming in but it didn't really seem like anything other than another bar to me.

Maybe some streamers, balloons etc, just to make it feel like home.

Moomba

Originally posted by moomba
I was there before the game and at half time. It was a fair bit smaller than I had thought (last week they spread people out over the the floor but it looks like only part of that is Norths area.

There were quite a few people there but like others have said it doesn't really look like a NORTH social club. I know they don't want to disencourage other supporters from coming in but it didn't really seem like anything other than another bar to me.

Maybe some streamers, balloons etc, just to make it feel like home.

Moomba

I was there before the game too.. must have just missed you... but yeah I got the same impression... the blue and white lights on the way into livewire was the only North thing I could see and I think that was more through coincidence then design...

They should really get away from calling it a Social Club. There is no reference to North anywhere. Simply it is a North controlled bar (which is fine).

I think we'll have to hope that the Grandstand makeover funding gets over the line if we're ever to be a chance of seeing the Premiership Cups on display again.

Took a long time to find it, wasn't really in the mood, but dad & I went to check it out after the game, after finally finding it, we had a little look around, lots of north people, and left.

Go Roos

it will be interesting to see how many ppl go in there after we win a game at telstra dome. i wouldnt think many ppl would wanna go in there after a loss

went in and caught up with woodson they had those two kangaroo flags from outside of the rooshop.

good to see ross glendennig, mark dawson, geoff walsh up thier a few players filtered in and out but after a loss not as many players came up there. a couple of them:- the dish and kingy

the man in my avatar was up having a beer, got up on stage thanked everyone and introduced boomer,(thats when most people found out about the report cos he was still confused with what hed done) stevo also spoke. the doc was not impressed with the lack of players who showed( overheard this when he was talking to his wife.

must agree the place was more of a bar with a 1/2 decent cover band, than a recognisable roo social club. will hopefully be better after a win.

July 20th

And cheers to Mighty Mick for making the effort....

I agree that having more streamers and North decorations is more welcoming. Considering we got smacked, the turn up was very impressive...two thirds full. Like Mighty Mick says, the Doc wasn't impressed and didn't have any EXCUSES to give. Stevo was basically speechless on why we couldn't compete. Hope to see more of the BF posters on Sunday week against StK.
And pm your mobile number so we organise a spot to meet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone go to the social club after the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back