ANZ Championship (netball)

Remove this Banner Ad

Firebirds only 8.5 pt faves v T'birds :eek:

Firebirds last 3 wins have been by 15, 24 and 23 vs the T'birds.

T'birds losses this year have been by 20, 18 and 23, and their wins have been against lowly Pulse and Fever. Am I missing anything lads?

Not that I can see. Thunderbirds have a couple of players coming back and Firebirds have never won in Adelaide so that might be the reason for the line.

Yep my thoughts exactly. Firebirds combo of Medhurst and Aiken are pretty much unstoppable as well.

The interesting one for me is the Magic v Mystics game. The Magic lead their h2h 7-0 incl a win earlier this year 45-39 but the Mystics are coming off that win against the Vixens last week.

I think unders will be the play when they eventually open the market with 4 of their last 5 failing to reach triple digits including 3 in the 80s. They also played a 5 qtr preseason game this year which ended up on 116 (Magic won 62-54) which works out to be 93 over 4 quarters although this is purely based on numbers. Will wait and see what the line is but i don't think it'll be in the high 90s so it's gonna be line ball i think.

EDIT: Aiken

2U Firebirds -8.5
Don't think it will be a 23 point trashing like last game, but still thinking a 10+ goal win.

Was looking at the total for the magic/mystic game seams BOP always get the lowest total every round. going to be a close game im leaning towards a mystics cover +3.5

lets hope for another good day in the netball forum haha. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Interesting tips but how can it be this -
Back the Vixens if -10.5 or less, back the Fever if +17.5 or more.
or Back the Firebirds if -8.5 or less, back the Thunderbirds if +15.5 or more.

Are they suggesting anything in between is a no play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting tips but how can it be this -
Back the Vixens if -10.5 or less, back the Fever if +17.5 or more.
or Back the Firebirds if -8.5 or less, back the Thunderbirds if +15.5 or more.

Are they suggesting anything in between is a no play?

Yeah they want 3.5 goals either way to make it a play. eg they tip firebirds by 12 v the thunderbirds today so -8.5 is a play. were as if they tipped firebirds by 10 -8.5 would be a no play. Personally im tipping firebirds by 14.

Why aren't the Magic shorter?:confused:

They are at home (10-2 all time record), they have never lost to the Mystics (7-0) record and they beat they away just a few weeks ago.

I know they played OT on Monday night, but they have had a full 6 days to get over that.

I'd be shocked if Magic don't win this quite easily.

Taking the Magic -2.5 @ 1.90, seems like taking candy from a bookmaker.:D:D

Against my better judgement i'm gonna take the Mystics ML @ 2.18 in the second game. I think they take alot of confidence after their win against the Vixens last week and finally break their losing streak against WBOP. If i didn't watch that game against the Vixens it would be a Magic play no doubt but I liked what I saw of them that game. Flip of a coin imo so only ½ unit for this game.

Wow the Mystics suck. Turnover after turnover, it's hard to believe this is the same team that beat the Vixens.

Firebirds cover easily even though it looked like Borrego in defence might've been a masterstroke early.

is that 3 qtrs in a row where the mystics have had goals disallowed on the buzzer? unlucky. still the magic -2.5 line is not agiven although youd think theyd be capable of hitting some goals to smash it

Oh really? I saw one earlier which was awfully close. My ML is in trouble, perhaps taking the points was a better option :eek:

Looks like it will probably go under as well so my lean was right but my play was off lol 95.5 is tough to bet the unders though.

Wow wasn't expecting that. Wrote my bet off early after watching how bad they were playing and how in control Magic looked.

Spewing i missed the last qtr now, might have to watch the replay :)

Not all the markets have opened tomorrow but a couple already stand out to me.

Steel v Pulse under any number 90 or above
Steel average 37.5 points a game and Pulse average 43, while both defenses average 49 against. When they played a couple of weeks ago it ended up on 45-43 Steel win. Not sure what the line was then but i think they'll probably open it at 90, 91 which makes it a pretty tight but even then i think it will be a play. Since that game neither team has really shown any improvement so i think it will be an absolute crapfest :p

In the other game, it's a little hard to gauge where the Tactix are really at but with the ML currently at 1.01 and 15, the spread is gonna be huge..probably 20+ points? Whatever it is i'll take it. I dont think the Swifts are in the same league as the Firebirds or Vixens who beaet the Fever by 24 and 31 whereas the Swifts only beat them by 4. Obviously it doesn't work like that but imo that's a pretty good indication of how likely the Swifts will cover tomorrow. Swifts lead their h2h 2-1 with their most recent game last year ending 56-53 so it was pretty close even though the Swifts finished on top without dropping a game and the Tactix only won one game for the whole year.

Adding Pulse +3.5 for tomorrow. The main reason i like the Pulse is the difference in both team's losses this year.

The Pulse's losses - 10, 2, 2 and 10, while the Steel's losses have been by 17, 15, 15. Using the Magic as a common opponent, Pulse lost by 2 while the Steel loss by 15. Same deal with Mystics as common opponent, 10 and 17. I'll take the points but Pulse probably win this. They had every chance of winning earlier in the year and with a 0-7 record against the Steel, they'll have more than enough motivation to take this one or at least be a shot at winning late.

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZ Championship (netball)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back