ANZ Championship (netball)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but at 17-1 it doesn't have to hit often. Obviously way off tonight, no dramas. In fact giving some money back to Sportingbet (and taking it off Lux) might be a healthy thing for me right now. :p

Reckon you might need a bit more in basketball than in netball, given the scoring system and all. Would be nice to have a proper stat analysis though, it could be one of those counter-intuitive things.

My reasoning is that (in my experience) the NBA totals are very sharp most of the time. Occasionally they go way over/under but usually they are within a few points though. If the total is right and you can get either side of it, then you're in the money. As you say only need to win about 1 in 17 (depending on juice), great when they come off too.

I thought long and hard about taking the < 106.5 on tonight's game. Hornweeg in the paper today was talking about how it will suit the Vixens to play "in Australian conditions", ie. they will play a very physical game and it could well turn out like the Vixens vs. Swifts game which finished on about 95 IIRC. The Firebirds have an excellent defence and I could definitely see this finishing high 90's.

Having said that, I ultimately did not pull the trigger because I've been so poor on netball of late, and I note that at half time the total is 51 and it could go either way.

Anyone looking at todays games? got burnt by the Steel the other night and didn't bet on the firebirds :thumbsdown:. There are a lot of teams on B2B this week seems to have a pretty big impact on netball.

Don't mind the concept of an unders bet on Vixens/Steel tomorrow. As you point out, the Vixens are backing up and the loss of McMahon will be very significant. Hornweeg will be preaching defence, defence, defence with the game being played on Australian soil.

Yeah i like the look of the unders in that one as well. I though you were staying away from the netball Royal Sampler? Netball has been pretty good to me.

Leaning the Steel +9.5 but will be a no play for me let me know if you pull the trigger on the unders.

3U Thunderbirds -2.5 LOSS

Don't mind the concept of an unders bet on Vixens/Steel tomorrow. As you point out, the Vixens are backing up and the loss of McMahon will be very significant. Hornweeg will be preaching defence, defence, defence with the game being played on Australian soil.

Hope you took those unders looking good 37 points at HT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As luck would have it, no.

One book wouldn't let me on for the amount I wanted, Lux had a dodgy flat 98 line, TAB had poor odds for the < 99.5 option, IASbet don't do game totals, Betfair didn't have enough liquidity, and I didn't have enough liquidity in my other accounts. :(

Wow that sucks cashed so easily. Had 2U on that and 3U on the Thunderbirds -2.5 which was a nail biter but cashed to. loving the netball :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Wow that sucks
Damn straight. Those last two Vixens unders both would have cashed but I haven't gotten on them due to my woeful netball performance. Maybe I got out too soon? At any rate, they won't be putting up 100 points for Vixens games in Australia any more. :(

Right, I'm giving netball another go tonight after letting a few good ones go by. This will inevitably mean that this bet loses.

Firebirds vs. Magic < 99 total (Lux)

Two defensive juggernauts go head to head here in the battle of the top two teams, in Australia where theoretically the umps let the game go a bit more and allow physical contests. Magic have allowed one score of > 50 against them all season so far, the Firebirds only two and all were away from home. No excuses for the Magic as they've had a week since their last game, ditto the Firebirds who last played on the 31/03.

Ive had a bad run with netball the last few monday nights. so hoping tio fix that with

4U Firebirds -7.5 @$1.87LOSS

Adding

1.5U Fever +3.5 INPLAY WIN

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZ Championship (netball)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back