ANZAC DAY 2013 : ESSENDON vs COLLINGWOOD

Remove this Banner Ad

Game ruined. Hope Buckley balls up and says something about these dirty, cheating, silly umpire pricks. Honestly starting to agree with everything plugger says. Umpires, go **** yourself you ******* blight on the game.

It was ok last week though hey

Can't stand the Pies but hate the Bombers just as much.
That free kick for push in the back is a perfect example of why the Umpires are an absolute disgrace.
I must admits the rules of the game have made it impossible for them to get it right all the time (nearly impossible for the umpire to protect the head and umpiring to the new no contact below the knees and not be consistent with one of the rules)

But at least the umps (with three on the ground) should be able tell the difference between pushing in the back and the side or holding your ground). 50:50 decisions should be play on not blow your whistle - too many times the ump wants to make a call and be in control.

The other issue is that a handball is one hand holding the ball the other hand moving from behind to contact the ball whilst the other hand remaining in the same position - everything else is throwing the ball!

That free kick for push in the back is a perfect example of why the Umpires are an absolute disgrace.
I must admits the rules of the game have made it impossible for them to get it right all the time (nearly impossible for the umpire to protect the head and umpiring to the new no contact below the knees and not be consistent with one of the rules)

But at least the umps (with three on the ground) should be able tell the difference between pushing in the back and the side or holding your ground). 50:50 decisions should be play on not blow your whistle - too many times the ump wants to make a call and be in control.

The other issue is that a handball is one hand holding the ball the other hand moving from behind to contact the ball whilst the other hand remaining in the same position - everything else is throwing the ball!

You're allowed to push them. You're just not allowed to push them in the back.

That wasn't in the back.
Actually, you aren't allowed to push them away from the drop of the ball, and then make a second motion back to the ball to take the mark.
You can hold a player out of position, but you can't push them forcefully away from the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it that Collingwood are getting screwed by the umpires.

The only time that the AFL does anything about improving anything in this competition is if Collingwood are upset by it.

I agree about Bellchambers. He seems to go flying based on minimal contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZAC DAY 2013 : ESSENDON vs COLLINGWOOD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back