AOD-9604 not performance enhancing: Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
however the evidence using animal cell lines suggest differently.

http://calzada.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/132F042F2012103A223A05PM.pdf

which, considering the substance is still undergoing clinical trials, raises questions.

also plz link me to this summary.
Its in the April clarification and has been posted on here 100s of times.

in-vitro, pre-clinical and human clinical testing of AOD9604 provide clear scientific and medical evidence that AOD9604 does not increase Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) levels. Furthermore, there is no evidence that AOD9604 dosing increases the number of muscle or cartilage cells. http://www.evaluategroup.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=419857

I wouldn't be surprised if ASADA farked up along the way.
Any chance Essendon farked up in given players a substance clearly on the S.0 list since 2011? Or like the mentality of the head honchos at Essendon, is it everyone else's fault?

Its in the April clarification and has been posted on here 100s of times.

in-vitro, pre-clinical and human clinical testing of AOD9604 provide clear scientific and medical evidence that AOD9604 does not increase Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) levels. Furthermore, there is no evidence that AOD9604 dosing increases the number of muscle or cartilage cells. http://www.evaluategroup.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=419857

well that doesn't really say too much.

what are these studies? where's the references? where can i find them to read about them?
how many human clinical trials are there? enough to generate a reliable picture?
what were they measuring? - if they're not measuring muscle or cartilage cell growth of course there's not going to be any evidence for it.
what dosage was being used?

but really, show me some evidence of human clinical trials where muscle and cartilage cell growth was specifically measured.

Ten days to respond? Evans must've been on a bender with Dank's gear.

How are the AOD revenue streams, David?

haha, that's what I was thinking.

Maybe it took him that long to record the speil in one take, without breaking down.

True
I just think its one giant mess including WADA,ASADA and the AFL.
I agree this whole process has been an absolute mess, and would not happen in any other professional sporting organisation in the world.

But when the AFL's primary objective is to get out of this with an outcome that minimises revenue loss then it was always going to happen.

Hence they asked for evidence from Australias leading experts in this area, who states it isn't a ped at any dose because it goes against the substances properties.

That was nice of them, conveniently after the horse has bolted.

Didn't Charters come out and say it was a PED, or doesn't his opinion count anymore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

But that will all come out in time. Right now, I'm eagerly waiting to hear more about what Dr. Shane Charter MD's opinion on AOD is.

About a month and a half ago. No link.

Fair enough, but what was the source?

You call others morons, yet you have no comprehension of the argument.

It's not about whether they intended to cheat, it's whether they intended to benefit.

Ask yourself, why would the club sign off on the continuous injecting of players if they had no intention of those substances being beneficial?

The fact is, Essendon employed a sports scientist to get them as close to the edge as they could get. They swallowed his "it's fine to be used" line without question, while rubbing their hands together with glee at all the muscle that the players were gaining, and how great they were feeling.

Now everyone knows that the program that Essendon set out on to improve and enhance their players actually crossed the boundary into 'banned substances'.

They can claim that they were not "performance enhancing drugs" all day long, but they were indeed banned, and used with an intent to enhance performance.
Powerade is used with an intent to enhance performance. Is powerade a PED?

Definitions from the code:

Prohibited List: The List identifying the Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods.
Prohibited Method: Any method so described on the Prohibited List.
Prohibited Substance: Any substance so described on the Prohibited List.

Pretty sure the wada boss has said it is a prohibited substance under the code.

If people are actually interested, the video is on the EFC website.

When discussing AOD, he was addressing the suggestion that players have some sort of advantage this year. He says they have commissioned expert advice and it states that if AOD was administered last year, there was no performance benefit either then or for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back