Appeal ASADA v Dank (AFL) WADA V Players CAS(Nov), WADA v Dank? New evidence players tested TB4

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not too concerned about what the aflpa think, if the players had raised concerns with Hird then it might have meant something. They've seen all the evidence now.

Some reality would be nice.

Here we have a coach (you know, a coach - those guys who make or break players careers) who also has the clout in the Club to appoint his own immediate superior, get rid of a CEO and a Chairman (and sundry other officials) and have a board decision to sack him overturned.

And you think the players are going to publicly or even privately challenge him.

Leaks were almost always generated by the AFL.

It was only when it became apparent that the coaches were going to be scapegoated that Hird started to fire back, and only once Little came in that the club started to fire back.
Fire back against what or who? Seige mentality at best...wanting to disclose what actually happened..eh NAH.

Here we have a coach (you know, a coach - those guys who make or break players careers) who also has the clout in the Club to appoint his own immediate superior, get rid of a CEO and a Chairman (and sundry other officials) and have a board decision to sack him overturned.

And you think the players are going to publicly or even privately challenge him.
True.

Erm, the board was going to move on him but the players wanted him back. Next argument pls.

Erm, the board was going to move on him but the players wanted him back. Next argument pls.
I would have thought Hird dropping Xavier in the drug taking shit also had something to do with saving his arse from the board boning him.

Keating: "Not long, not long. In fact if you get down to woollies at Manuka on Saturday I'd probably run over you with a trolley as I did a journo recently."
It's a Coles. More lies from politicians, smdh

Here's to another season being overshadowed by the glorified drug scandal. Who cares who's in the Grand Final, or who's playing well, or winning the Brownlow because the drug scandal has to be shoved down our throats for another year. Can we not deal with any of this until the damn POST-SEASON? Please?
Have to say as much fun as this whole saga has been, can't say it has interfered with my following the game in any way. Have learnt a lot and still are. I'm all the better for it. Made some wonderful new friends here and can't wait for the next scandel. Ohh... and I've finally decided on a career path. Lawyering all the way!!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too hard to tell tbh.

Depends what you want to see.

Dank and his mates doped and covered it up, ASADA had to figure it all out

Dank and his mates were ripping the club, all of a sudden you have some things unaccounted for and ASADA have to figure out if that means players doped or if Dank was just greedy and opportunistic for a few dollars., or both.
Yet your club stood by and asked ASADA to investigate and won't go near the man who supposedly ripped them off.

Have to say as much fun as this whole saga has been, can't say it has interfered with my following the game in any way. Have learnt a lot and still are. I'm all the better for it. Made some wonderful new friends here and can't wait for the next scandel. Ohh... and I've finally decided on a career path. Lawyering all the way!!! :)
I'm not as in love with footy as I was prior to this all beginning. Used to watch as many matches as I could every week. Always did a supercoach/dream team combo which meant I knew more about and was interested in each teams' players. Haven't done that since 2013 and that dropped off as the season and this saga wore on. Not sure it will ever recover. But yes, it's been good to actually converse with most other club fans.

FINALLY looks like all the very sad campaigners on BF are finally starting to realise they are wasting their lives in pursuit of an outcome that simply wont transpire. Surprisingly after almost a year of no new evidence, a tribunal hearing that cleared the players months ago, a media campaign that has simply gone on to sensationalise other issues in order to sell papers/subscriptions/clicks .... BF activity on this page has reached an all time low.

No one cares... nothing will change despite your outrage... the club will continue to prosper and the players will remain innocent....

If you want to continue to fight or hang out with sad individuals, head down to Albert Park and see if the GP Protesters are still down there fighting the good fight 10 years on....
Activity on this board has gone down because there's no new news. Doesn't mean people no longer care. Lots more to play out. People want to know what happened.

If anyone believes that this wasn't happening throughout the league in my opinion is an idiot. And no matter what the result nothing will change. Tell me what scandel has caused a change in cheating. Cycling/athletics or any other sports have cleared up mass doping. Never gonna happen. Too much reward vs loss. I certainly believe essendon one way or another stepped over the line but I'm not stupid enough to think it ends there and will stop anything. I might as well stop watching all sports if drugs has ruined my viewing pleasure.

Once WADA have re-presented ASADA's empty hand at CAS - assuming it actually gets that far - the innocent Essendon 34 will finally be able to fully concentrate on their football again.

The lesson for everyone in this saga is it's easy to make hysterical, foundless allegations. Far harder to prove them.

EFC self reported though.... didn't they?:confused:

I would have thought Hird dropping Xavier in the drug taking shit also had something to do with saving his arse from the board boning him.
When Goodwin, Byrnes and Campbell owned up to Hex it was immediately leaked to the media reported as "Essendon coaches and support staff". Hence it was widely rumoured that it was Hird that had taken Hex. He wore that smear for eighteen months and never dropped any of those blokes in the shit. He was also reported to have taken Melanotan II with side effects that the media was not willing to report (dark spots on his skin) resulting in the redacted boner embarrassment.

Then Xavier Campbell's name is leaked to the media by an unknown source and it's also Hird's fault. If Hird's 'camp' did leak it then why to Campbell and Hird remain close friends? Why does Simon Madden, who joined the board after the scandal erupted, think Hird's responsibility in the program has been overstated? Why do all the players still want him to coach?

And why are there so many Carlton supporters on here at the moment?

FINALLY looks like all the very sad campaigners on BF are finally starting to realise they are wasting their lives in pursuit of an outcome that simply wont transpire. Surprisingly after almost a year of no new evidence, a tribunal hearing that cleared the players months ago, a media campaign that has simply gone on to sensationalise other issues in order to sell papers/subscriptions/clicks .... BF activity on this page has reached an all time low.

No one cares... nothing will change despite your outrage... the club will continue to prosper and the players will remain innocent....

If you want to continue to fight or hang out with sad individuals, head down to Albert Park and see if the GP Protesters are still down there fighting the good fight 10 years on....

dunno whether too laugh or cry after reading this...
on one hand you're telling me i'm a sad campaigner...yet i sit here with a smile on my face...
on the other hand...i dont give a hirds turd about albert park...

:drunk:

When Goodwin, Byrnes and Campbell owned up to Hex it was immediately leaked to the media reported as "Essendon coaches and support staff". Hence it was widely rumoured that it was Hird that had taken Hex. He wore that smear for eighteen months and never dropped any of those blokes in the shit. He was also reported to have taken Melanotan II with side effects that the media was not willing to report (dark spots on his skin) resulting in the redacted boner embarrassment.

Then Xavier Campbell's name is leaked to the media by an unknown source and it's also Hird's fault. If Hird's 'camp' did leak it then why to Campbell and Hird remain close friends? Why does Simon Madden, who joined the board after the scandal erupted, think Hird's responsibility in the program has been overstated? Why do all the players still want him to coach?

And why are there so many Carlton supporters on here at the moment?
Deflection,surely you'd understand this?!.;)

You are wrong about this Chelsea. You are normally such a fair minded, even handed poster so I suppose we can forgive this slip up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Appeal ASADA v Dank (AFL) WADA V Players CAS(Nov), WADA v Dank? New evidence players tested TB4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back