Appeal ASADA v Dank (AFL) WADA V Players CAS(Nov), WADA v Dank? New evidence players tested TB4

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL with no significant fault and the delays WADA have already conceded, this extra 45 days outside the player's control will mean no games lost, IF it makes it to CAS and IF they are found guilty.

justice delayed is justice denied
I'll file this with "over soon", "storm in a teacup", "there will be no SCN's", "this will be deemed illegal in court", "this will be deemed illegal on appeal", "this will never go to the tribunal", "this will be dismissed in 5 minutes" and "WADA will never appeal".

er, hardly. You really think they have asked for an extension to ramp up some pressure and "do 'em slowly"? lel

Half and half. They certainly aren't going to be pressured by an AFL need/element the way ASADA were with the interim report.

For the sake of accuracy probably worth clarifying they have only announced they are exercising their right, they still need to actually lodge an appeal, which is what we were expecting. They have now requested an additional 45 days to even get to that point

There you go throwing facts around and spoiling the narrative here again :rolleyes:

I am not sure what to read into a request for 45 day extension. I'm quite sure Essendon folk are reading that WADA have got nothing and are desperately looking for something to make their case stick. Do you honestly think WADA would apply to have the case reheard at CAS if they had nothing? Really?

Having said that, ASADA took their time and crossed t's and dotted i's and were not successful at the AFL tribunal. So what extra steps do WADA need to take to prove their case?
Waited until almost literally the last minute to even announce it, now requesting a further 45 days to even lodge their appeal papers. Can see why people think it doesn't look great for them.

What suits me?

What's with the riddles from Essendon fans this morning??

I can't take you seriously since you've admitted to not watching any crows games due to this whole event.

I'll file this with "over soon", "storm in a teacup", "there will be no SCN's", "this will be deemed illegal in court", "this will be deemed illegal on appeal", "this will never go to the tribunal", "this will be dismissed in 5 minutes" and "WADA will never appeal".
Oh no, cronos is going to file something away
God I wish I hadn't posted that now

You've somehow watched on, without actually taking in what the key arguments are.

So maybe have a read of this post below, and you'll understand why WADA aren't searching for any meaningful evidence, as it's already there, and only needs to be viewed in a different light.
UV? Red light?

Waited until almost literally the last minute to even announce it, now requesting a further 45 days to even lodge their appeal papers. Can see why people think it doesn't look great for them.

The punishment-by-process baton has clearly been passed from ASADA to WADA.

ASADA waited until day 20 of their 21 day appeal window to announce they had throw the towel in.

Then WADA exhaust their full 21 days before appealing the tribunal finding.

Next, Richard Young, who has been across this case since almost day 1 - he was ASADA's external council for God's sake - requests a further 45 day time extension.

...and the punishment-by-process of 34 players who have never been found guilty of anything, continues.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Rich Young has been a regular consultant of ASADA through this that they need a delay is intersting too.

Sure their may be a valid reason for their being a delay. But he would have a pretty good idea on there the case was .

I'd get the impression the AFL tribunals verdict would mean very little to him. Since he doesn't have to argue points of law as per if it went via the AFL appeals tribunal, he can obvious re try the whole case again in the way he sees fit.

hahaha oh dear, WADA is unable to outline its case. Oh well. Give them another few months. Maybe some evidence will magically appear.

******* lol. What's going on?? The HTB have been telling me what a slam dunk it is?? Just a matter of present it and get a different version of comfortable satisfaction??

Perhaps if the club didn't inject their players with unknown substances, or some players had the ability to challenge or ask questions; we wouldn't be in this position.

Considering there's a lot of smoke and mirrors here, I'd imagine WADA will take all the time they can to make sure their case is water tight.

As we've seen already, without a positive test to hang their hat on, there are a lot of technicalities here that could provide handy little loopholes for the defendants to wriggle through.

Hypocrisy is fun hey
Difference is DJ and I have a history of playful banter. Where as you purposefully and personally attacked Cylon and her situation, which is completely different. If you can't see the difference then that's your issue not mine.

I think that Rich Young has been a regular consultant of ASADA through this that they need a delay is intersting too.

Sure their may be a valid reason for their being a delay. But he would have a pretty good idea on there the case was .

I'd get the impression the AFL tribunals verdict would mean very little to him. Since he doesn't have to argue points of law as per if it went via the AFL appeals tribunal, he can obvious re try the whole case again in the way he sees fit.

Richard Young has been ASADA's external council and been up to speed on this case for a long time.

That Young has requested 45 days more just to prepare the brief is very interesting, and suggests the case may not even get to CAS.

...and the punishment-by-process of 34 players who have never been found guilty of anything, continues.

I see this is the line du jour.

I can't take you seriously since you've admitted to not watching any crows games due to this whole event.

I think this sums up this 'saga' from the Essendon perspective.

See, I think it was a tragedy in a sporting sense, that Raelene Boyle got dudded by a cheat. I think it's a tragedy, in a sporting sense that anyone that wins the Tour de France has quesiton marks over them.
I think it's a shame that a freak like Usain Bolt could be a cheat. And that due to the fact that it's actually happened for decades, the average sports fans thinks like this.

What WADA do for sport globally, is critical in my opinion.

I pity you, and have contempt for people like you, that put their own interests ahead of that. 'I just wanna barrack for my boys! DE-FENCE!! <clap clap clap> DE-FENCE!! <clap clap clap> BAALLLLLL!!!!' I mean how shallow and weak is that thinking?

The Essendon stance, which you've put out there clearly in your previous post, disgusts me frankly.

It's an insult to the intelligence of society to expect everyone to just 'move on' and just start cheering for our football teams when this case is clearly still open.

Until the truth comes out, and people are held accountable, I can't fathom that genuine sports fans should just accept this and move on.

Difference is DJ and I have a history of playful banter. Where as you purposefully and personally attacked Cylon and her situation, which is completely different. If you can't see the difference then that's your issue not mine.
You have become personal and mocking or belittling of others though when it suits your narrative though Jen.

Point here, though I do think there have been enough times BF is a little out there
He quite probably went into apoplectic seizure such was the apparent shock from Essendon people that WADA would have had the temerity to appeal. None of them saw it coming. Not one to a T (well, those they've interviewed in any case).

You seem quite happy to fuel that, to me because in general BF narrative of ASADA are bad isn't what you like.

But in other incidences you'll defend Bec Wilson from similar dumb ridicule from Essendon supporters because though you may not it her work, the basic premise of what she is writing is in line with your belief on this matter, the WADA are good Even if there are some loose points within that.

Both are in simular positions to me, are painful to listen to at times for different reasons. Have a very different view on all of this. Both are in a teh source of much HTB ridicule, but you'll defend one, but be happy to fuel that to another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Appeal ASADA v Dank (AFL) WADA V Players CAS(Nov), WADA v Dank? New evidence players tested TB4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back