dutchy12

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons
APS football for the past couple of years has been the premier school football league of Australia and produced some big names eg Chris Judd, Luke Ball, Brendon Goddard etc just to name a few.

Does anyone have any opinions on

1) Players to look out for Bottom aged and top aged eg Yr10,11,12 talent
2)Teams best players
3) Favourite teams to be up round the premship mark
4) Anything else of relevance

Thanks

Yeah, a few teams look quite promising at this early stage....Hailebury have 90% of their team on scholarships so evidently they should put up a good fight, Melbourne Grammar have lost a lot of players from last year but have a good year 12 group and a few star players in year 11. The other teams that should go well are Scotch, Brighton Grammar and Xavier who have great players all round.

If You Wanna Talk About the best school comp in austrailia i think u should look more in to the herald sun sheild, ok maybe they dunn play as much as the APS but the quallity of football is much greater if u want a good school side to talk about and watch i think u should have a look at ekc
(essendon keilor college)they have 17 TAC players and 5 have represented the state in the last year in both u16 vic metro and u18 vic metro :cool:

xavier are yet to cut the squad and are still only doing pre season training, the first practise match is in a few weeks.
i dont think there are any year 12's who would get drafted this year but i could be wrong. however there are a few year 11's who are a huge chance including josh kennedy who has been discussed on here before and is eligible to go to hawthorn under father son and robbie tarrant, brother of chris who came this year from mildura. I have only seen him train at this stage but he has been impressive, apparently he is better than chris at the same age, he is a big kid and probably at least 190cm. he moves real well at training and is a top mark and kick. he wont be eligible this year but i think he may be next year as a bottom age recruit, he is young for year 11.
from other teams i know tom hawkins is unbelievable and is eligible next year, but unfortunately he will go to geelong under father son. ;)

wesley have jack watts brother of fergus and thats really the only stand out. the super powers Xavier and Melbourne should be strong and i would say Heighlebury with Raso (carlton) should be very strong (bloody scholarships). Caulfield have deledio but i doubt he will play at all for caulfield this year.

im not sure what will happen with tarrant, he is from mildura so if he were to play would have to go with the pioneers i think. someone more familiar with the system might be able to tell you.
jack watts played at my club in the year below i think and apparently is an absolute gun.

Cody is an absolute super star, and is probably the best shot from Xavier this year. Typical aboriginal flash, speed, skills and vertical leap (took a few good hangers last year) and is a really nice guy. He said he would want to go to St Kilda if he was drafted because of the L.ball influence
there is also spangher who finished at Xavier last year but is still eligible for this years draft and is playing eastern ranges

melbourne grammar will be playing their first full season on the awesome todd rd oval. beautiful surface but very strong wind at one end.

which are the best APS grounds to play on do u think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chooknafied said:
If You Wanna Talk About the best school comp in austrailia i think u should look more in to the herald sun sheild, ok maybe they dunn play as much as the APS but the quallity of football is much greater if u want a good school side to talk about and watch i think u should have a look at ekc
(essendon keilor college)they have 17 TAC players and 5 have represented the state in the last year in both u16 vic metro and u18 vic metro :cool:

Who won the Herald Sun Shield last year?

Watch out for St Joseph's Geelong in the Herald Sun shield this year. 10 playters on the Falcons list, and another 5 or so who were just cut. Add in all-australian Danny Stanley and should of been all-australian (but was injured) SHaun Higgins and you've got a very strong team.

It doesn't matter how many U18 boys you have the fact is they'll go off and play TAC not school footy. This is the reason why goddard, judd and walker hardly played for Caulfield and why caulfield havn't won for the last 5 years

Pepi said:
Watch out for St Joseph's Geelong in the Herald Sun shield this year. 10 playters on the Falcons list, and another 5 or so who were just cut. Add in all-australian Danny Stanley and should of been all-australian (but was injured) SHaun Higgins and you've got a very strong team.

sound almost as strong as ekc, who is the coach at st joseph's marke neil.?

milnedog44 said:
It doesn't matter how many U18 boys you have the fact is they'll go off and play TAC not school footy. This is the reason why goddard, judd and walker hardly played for Caulfield and why caulfield havn't won for the last 5 years

yeah not really... goddard and walker both didnt play much with caulfield becuase they were already at stkilda and carlton respectivley in year 12
judd didnt play becuase of his injuries

school footy comes first before TAC

mark_johnson#1 said:
yeah not really... goddard and walker both didnt play much with caulfield becuase they were already at stkilda and carlton respectivley in year 12
judd didnt play becuase of his injuries

school footy comes first before TAC

Yeah totally agree mate, I'm pretty sure it's a school policy to play school footy over TAC cup and the TAC cup boys are supposed to be the standouts so the more you have, you would think, the more chance you are at winning the premiership.

Deledio was going to Caulfield to finish Year 12 but only did 3 weeks and has already left
As there are 3 players from Richmond finishing Year 12 this year they have set up a classroom at the club and brought in tutors so they can finish Year 12 over the next 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS 2005 1st 18 level: Players, teams etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back