APS Draft Smokeys

Remove this Banner Ad

Sylvia Saint said:
Is John Shaw (Xavier ruckman) any chance of playing AFL? I'm pretty sure he's only year 11.
If he is any relation to Reese Shaw then he may as well give up.
He also clearly didnt show enough tenacity against a harder and more physical Scotch unit last week.

I don't know if you guys have heard of Richard Hummerston, but i honestly think he is a draft prospect. Coming from a basketball background, the big unit has a beautiful grab and steam rolls packs. His courage and his ability to find the ball are also commendable assests. Due to this being his first season playing aussie rules, he is yet to be scouted by a TAC side, however, i wouldn't be surpised if he was drafted from Old Scotch next year. What are your thoughts?

tubs21 said:
I don't know if you guys have heard of Richard Hummerston, but i honestly think he is a draft prospect. Coming from a basketball background, the big unit has a beautiful grab and steam rolls packs. His courage and his ability to find the ball are also commendable assests.

Hummerston is indistinguishable from Chris Judd with an aura of class about him. Plays with the grace of young gun Aaron Davey, seems to be untouchable. Displays a Winston Churchill like attitude of never give up.
From the one game i have seen i honestly believe he is a firm chance to be drafted.

brownlowbruce said:
tubs21 said:
I don't know if you guys have heard of Richard Hummerston, but i honestly think he is a draft prospect. Coming from a basketball background, the big unit has a beautiful grab and steam rolls packs. His courage and his ability to find the ball are also commendable assests.

Hummerston is indistinguishable from Chris Judd with an aura of class about him. Plays with the grace of young gun Aaron Davey, seems to be untouchable. Displays a Winston Churchill like attitude of never give up.
From the one game i have seen i honestly believe he is a firm chance to be drafted.

I have also witnessed hummerston play, and would describe him as a freak of nature. In a nutshell the kid can play.

trapper16 said:
brownlowbruce said:
I have also witnessed hummerston play, and would describe him as a freak of nature. In a nutshell the kid can play.

It is a shame that Cam robbo and him have been ruled out of so many games due to a lengthy suspension. They would be improving the already dominant scotch team.

i think you might have touched on something there. if they're not the same people it might be a case of 'two become one' a common theme at scotch i believe.

Ive also seen hummerston play, and he's ******** house. Forever in the shadow of his younger brother, he unfortunately cannot break out of the 4ths footy team, where he is dominated

nutcase said:
i think you might have touched on something there. if they're not the same people it might be a case of 'two become one' a common theme at scotch i believe.
Theres no place for comments like that on this board. At least if your gonna have a dig at the scotchies make it funny.

Fair dinkum stop waxing of each other bartos, brownlowbruce and tubs21. I have not witnessed anything good come out of your pathetic week mouths. There is no bloody way that 8 scotch shems will get drafted this year considering that on average only 2 or 3 go from the APS each year. Tim Boston has already secured 1 of those possies according to a number of scouts i have talked to. Who wouldn't want a 200cm 107 kg athletic monster on their list? Get of this site you guys are soft gimpy jokes!!!

tootman youve summed it up im sick of this scotch college cardinal arrogance poisoning the good water that is bigfooty.com. They idolise their big brothers who can only aspire to 4ths level at a school that brings shame to the city of melbourne. the only ******** they win legitametly is the lawn bowls.

What have they got to do with scotch wingman. doesn't robert eddy go to scotch? Wheres maverick and iceman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tooty, i respect your unbiased views on school football and the drafting, but you said that it is unlikely for the APS to have many draft selections this year. I reckon this is wrong. I have heard a few names bob up around the place including James Hathaway, 'Chugger' Reed and Dave Hunter. All 3 are above 185cm, and from what I've heard are all draft possibilities.

offie im not going to start ******** about the head of the river win cause no doubt scotch were the better crew all year and it would have been very difficult to beat them. However there are certain claims of 'bending the rules' so to speak, voiced by other schools, though GGS is not one of them.

ablettjnr said:
And a good lane draw.

haha and a good lane draw?give us ANY lane and we still would have won by lengths, scotch sport this year has turned a corner, the rowing/footy premiership double is one of the most prized possesions a school can have, and i think scotch are 3/4 of the way there!!

scotch won the rowing but there is absolutely no way they will win the footy, i never thought id say it but id love to see haileybury ******** you arrogant ************s up your rear.

nutcase said:
scotch won the rowing but there is absolutely no way they will win the footy, i never thought id say it but id love to see haileybury ******** you arrogant ************s up your rear.

Here's an Idea.. Why don't HC smash Scotch's bitcharse little side to chinatown and then ******** off and enter themselves In the TAC cup competition. Don't get me wrong i love playing against a strong team but a line must be drawn in the sand so to speek by the APS.

Any thoughts?

So true tootyman. if you are going to go and choose a side from anywhere (eg. Haileybury), you are basically a TAC side, so why not play in that level of comp.

Tootyman your thinking provokes thoughts of parallels with those of einstien. Hail. should definetly be in the TAC cup problem is they and the rest of the APS comp. have to wait until round 9 before the aesthetic of seeing scotch colleges anal justification of a lifetime being dished out at the hands of the far superior Haileybury outfit. Still if they join the TAC cup with a couple weeks before the finals im sure they could notch up a couple of wins to get the to G.F.

brownlowbruce said:
Who will get drafted out of Ainger, Smith and Sheetz from Scotch?

why bother asking the question ? who knows wat the afl coaches think but this is just another way too pump up ur mates :cool: just talk bout the footy for a change

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Draft Smokeys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back