APS pre seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

milnedog44 said:
Xavier rarely give out sport scholarships. 95% of scholarships given are academic ones or general excellence scholarships and very rarely for footy. At the moment there are two scholarships in the Xavier firsts one was an absolute buy in Tarrants brother the other was given to an aboriginal, Cody Sibasado to board and that was fair enough.
Now if you had put Caulfield, Carey or Haileybry in that sentence you would have made more sense.

Yeah well I board with Tarrent and Cody Sibosado and they are not on sporting scholarships. Cody is on a Indigenous type of scholarship, and if u try to call it a sporting type scholarship then i like to inform u and tell u that he has a younger brother, who played in the 10B's and he is on the same type of scholarship. Tarrent is no scholarship wats so eva.
Cheers

dee_123 said:
Yeah well I board with Tarrent and Cody Sibosado and they are not on sporting scholarships. Cody is on a Indigenous type of scholarship, and if u try to call it a sporting type scholarship then i like to inform u and tell u that he has a younger brother, who played in the 10B's and he is on the same type of scholarship. Tarrent is no scholarship wats so eva.
Cheers
yeah exactly it is extremely rare for Xavier to go out and give someone a sporting scholarship. Good article written in the Xavier news magazine that goes out once a month on scholarships.

Poison said:
He talks fairly big for a bloke whose team just got smashed by Wesley.

Wesley, fa' f**ks sake!

P*ss off and come back and talk to us when your champion school starts to get a few wins on the board against proper opposition.

haha this is coming from.....? did we beat de la with a half arse side in or did we not. thanks for calling us a champion school anyway smartarse, we played one ******** quarter against wesley and we were underdone and missing a few important players, all they had out was jack watts. u see its hard to actually goto school where 80% are asian or indian, and actually have brains undoubtedly something u dont have AND play footy at the same time, im sure if woteva raging school ur at was in the same position u'd be in the same predicament FU CK WI T!

Adam Littlehales (unirossa) get over yourself and your sh itty school. Why dont you go and get on the tredmill and get off this site.

unirossa26 said:
haha this is coming from.....? did we beat de la with a half arse side in or did we not. thanks for calling us a champion school anyway smartarse, we played one ******** quarter against wesley and we were underdone and missing a few important players, all they had out was jack watts. u see its hard to actually goto school where 80% are asian or indian, and actually have brains undoubtedly something u dont have AND play footy at the same time, im sure if woteva raging school ur at was in the same position u'd be in the same predicament FU CK WI T!
Exactly right - you try getting an awesome Footy team in an entirely academic school. We don't have sports scholarships like some. We have brains.
We almost always have a good solid team - this year we have a better than solid team - and to compete with the Private Schools is a good effort where I am concerned.

unirossa26 said:

Wesley, actually. And obviously they're not in the same predicament, so it doesn't faze me.

And I 'don't have brains'?

Absolutely fantastic retort - remind me again of how you got accepted into Melbourne High? Or are you the janitor or the curator or something?

Being underdone equates to 10 goal losses does it?

********er

The following was printed in Xavier News in regards to sprt scholarships:

-The Heads of the APS have agreed that the following guidlines will apply in the allocation of scholarships where sporting talent is an element of the selction criteria:
- No student will be awarded a scholarship unless the Head believes the student will gain a broad range of outcomes during his or her schooling.
- Reciptents of such scholarships will be held to the same standards of behaviour and expecatation as other students and should actively contribute to the life of the school beyond their sporting experise.
- It is neither fair nor approiate for schools to offer scholarships at senior levels for the purpose of winning priemerships or gaining dominance in particular sports. - Neither schools nor the representatives or associates of those schools will approach students or their parents with the purpose of offering scholarships or promoting scholarships applications based on sporting prowess.
(Someone show this to Haileybury and Caulfield)

Allen's Blues said:
The following was printed in Xavier News in regards to sprt scholarships:

-The Heads of the APS have agreed that the following guidlines will apply in the allocation of scholarships where sporting talent is an element of the selction criteria:
- No student will be awarded a scholarship unless the Head believes the student will gain a broad range of outcomes during his or her schooling.
- Reciptents of such scholarships will be held to the same standards of behaviour and expecatation as other students and should actively contribute to the life of the school beyond their sporting experise.
- It is neither fair nor approiate for schools to offer scholarships at senior levels for the purpose of winning priemerships or gaining dominance in particular sports. - Neither schools nor the representatives or associates of those schools will approach students or their parents with the purpose of offering scholarships or promoting scholarships applications based on sporting prowess.
(Someone show this to Haileybury and Caulfield)

exaclty what i said here.
yeah exactly it is extremely rare for Xavier to go out and give someone a sporting scholarship. Good article written in the Xavier news magazine that goes out once a month on scholarships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just back from the Scotch Melb vs Scotch Perth match. Scoreline read: Melb- 21.10.136 to Perth 4.2.26.

Absolute carnage. Melb's full-forward, Jacobs, kicks 12 in three quarters. Sherwin across half-back was a standout. Yeo's also off half back did well. The Aboriginal boys, Rioli and Djukurra, have sublime skills and will be an evasive duo come round 1. Melb's had 6 regular starters out so it was an impressive effort albeit against a lacklusture opposition.

davo4030 said:
Just back from the Scotch Melb vs Scotch Perth match. Scoreline read: Melb- 21.10.136 to Perth 4.2.26.

Absolute carnage. Melb's full-forward, Jacobs, kicks 12 in three quarters. Sherwin across half-back was a standout. Yeo's also off half back did well. The Aboriginal boys, Rioli and Djukurra, have sublime skills and will be an evasive duo come round 1. Melb's had 6 regular starters out so it was an impressive effort albeit against a lacklusture opposition.
Was that in melbourne. Does not travelling also carry over to the junior clubs in WA?

Johnny Utah #9 said:
Judda? Hello? What planet are you from mate?

SKC have produced in the past 10 years more AFL players than any other APS school, without 1 scholarship or the school population or facilities of elsewhere.

I think the Scott twins & Steve Powell might disagree with your comments on SKC being soft!

The list as follows:

S. Garlick (WB/Syd)
C. Scott (Bris)
B. Scott (Bris/Haw)
S. Powell (WB/Melb/St K)
P. Greenham (Rich) (Senior List 1998 - 99)
J. Mahoney (Coll/WB/Port)
C. Bossong (Rich) (Rookie List 1998 - 99)
L. Williams (Melb)
M. Lucas (WB) (Rookie List 2000)
R. O'Keefe (Syd)
L. Penny (WB/St K)

It's about quality not quantity mate.

the upcoming weekend sees the last practise round before the real games begin, it should be interesting to see melbourne grammar play scotch, and too see if either of the teams elects to pick its strongest possible side, i wonder if scotch will play colman

milnedog44 said:
Young Aaron "Golden Boy" Kleinschmidt has to be on a sport scholarship.

rubbish xavier dont give out sports scholarships, they just hide it well.
i know 1 guy who is on a football scholarship and hes not overly smart, cant play music and doesnt really play any other sport than football. Another guy was offered a football scholarship for this year but didnt take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS pre seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back