Remove this Banner Ad

ILoveLamp

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Caulfield v Xavier 2pm @ Masterton Oval; Jells Rd, Wheelers Hill

One of the biggest games of the APS season. Caulfield coming off a big win v Wesley but will miss key players in Sengstock and Sandilands and possibly Risol if he doesn't come up to play. Xavier, a team with no superstars but very solid and can hurt on the rebound.

Your thoughts...:thumbsu:

Xavier, a team with no superstars but very solid and can hurt on the rebound.

Who are Sam Lees, Ben Kennedy, Christian Sanflippo, Dan Noonan, Nick Wynne, Luke Santilli and Sam O'Sullivan then? A bowl of ****en goldfish?

Xavier by 50 points.

Xavier, a team with no superstars but very solid and can hurt on the rebound.

Who are Sam Lees, Ben Kennedy, Christian Sanflippo, Dan Noonan, Nick Wynne, Luke Santilli and Sam O'Sullivan then? A bowl of ****en goldfish?

Xavier by 50 points.

Well said! I could go into more but I'll save ILoveLamp the embarrassment.
At least 50

how can u say xavs by 50 points? have u seen caulfield play? they have many many good footbalers besdies sandilands and sengstock. they have the all australian center half forward in their team who plays back flank. is it just me or does that mean they have a fairly solid team. they have on ballers such as johnston sunberg and penbruthy who would be better than the xavs onballers. Caulfield by 20

how can u say xavs by 50 points? have u seen caulfield play? they have many many good footbalers besdies sandilands and sengstock. they have the all australian center half forward in their team who plays back flank. is it just me or does that mean they have a fairly solid team. they have on ballers such as johnston sunberg and penbruthy who would be better than the xavs onballers. Caulfield by 20

Why would anyone make a comment on another team if they haven't seen their players play? Have you seen Xavier play this year? I'm not doubting Caufield have a solid team, but Xavier are far to good this year. If I put match ups in to your three mentioned on ballers, I'd have Sanfiluppo on Penburthy, Armstrong on Johnston and Booth on Sunberg, Sunberg may have the upper hand slightly with maybe pace on booth, but there are other options easily fitted to the role. I don't think your forward and back pockets could cut it in the middle?

I hate to play devil's advocate but I think Xavs will beat us pretty comfortably. Would be a lot closer if Zeibs, Riss, Zachy and the skipper were playing...

I've seen both play a few times this year.

Without Sandilands and Rissol you have no chance.

A 30 point loss to XC would be respectable for you.

No stars... they only have about 7 TAC cup players.
Their coaching panel is worth about 5 goals on its own.

LOL
You didn't just say that did you!!!
Hilarious

Sanfillipo, Kennedy, Thomas, O'Sullivan ...

Tell me when to stop...

Romanin, Armstrong, Booth, Shiel....

No seriously, stop me. I'm still listing their quality onballers...

Hannebery, Lees, Ryan, Buckley....

But guess what, the midfield isn't your problem.
Let's say CGS have a good game and break even without your stars who are at the Vic Metro. This is where you'll get whipped...

Santilli, Wynne, Smith, Daniher, Ulbrick...

They have the best forward combination in the APS...

BY FAR

Davo, slight mistake matt romanin finished last year.

But if Caulfield lose this, their premierships could almost be gone...

Hannebery is superb.
Amoungst the top few Yr 10 playing 1st XVIII footy.

He would be in the top 10 at any other APS school....

Not at Xavier.

He is their luxury off the bench.

They are clearly easing him in by playing him sparingly across half-forward. He will be the one gunning it in the 2nd half because everyone else is sore/tired. Apparently (wasn't there - at SC v BGS) he had about a dozen kicks in the 2nd half against GC. He will bite you.

Davo, slight mistake matt romanin finished last year.

But if Caulfield lose this, their premierships could almost be gone...

Dear Bronson,
Do you go to a special school?
I don't make mistakes.

Steve Romanin is his cousin.
Best tagger in the APS.

Just ask GC captain - Weddell and ACK captain - Clifton.

i heard ziebel is playing. i guess we'll just have to wait and see what the result is. but will ur on ball be as good as sunberg penburthy and ziebel? do u have any backman that can play on tilly yaman? just wondering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to ask a Xavier person that mate.

Personally, I would think

Noonan (Sandy Dragons)
Woods (AIS)
Sweeney (XC Rowing Captain)

would be reasonable options...

but can they hold
johnston (he is a genious, smartest footballer)
sunberg (one word: amazing)
penburhty (huge rig who runs all day and tuff as anyone in the middle)

but can they hold
johnston (he is a genious, smartest footballer)
sunberg (one word: amazing)
penburhty (huge rig who runs all day and tuff as anyone in the middle)

Mate don't you get it?
They won't be good enough against Xavier, read previous comments.

Dan Noonan is amazing, he is a backline by his own, the other boys are there to back him up so he doesn't have to do all the work

sorry mate, just got back from seeing spiderman 3, bit excited.

holding midfields is actually Caulfields prob.
Xav have 10 blokes to rotate through their.
They are playing like their 7th/8th game and are super match fit.

sorry mate, just got back from seeing spiderman 3, bit excited.

holding midfields is actually Caulfields prob.
Xav have 10 blokes to rotate through their.
They are playing like their 7th/8th game and are super match fit.
davo, just carm down mate and see what happens this saturday, i assume you will venture out to Wheelers Hill for the game?

look im not denying that xavz have a great all round team but to rip into caulfield like this is out of wack! good on ya for throwing some big names about but why didnt they make U/18s mate? and dont give me any C*** about the school not letting them play! we all know thats false. if there so good xavz would have had no choice but to let them go! Caulfield do have a great bunch of talianted kids and they will do the school proud im sure. Caulfield and xaviier are both great sides so we will see who well come out on top, odd on are xavier and thats fair enough but they could have an off day....there are many varibles.

Xavier will have you all day,

Ryan Sweeney Woods

Buckley Noonan Lees

That backline wont let through a big score

How is it that Ambrose doesn't get into that back six?

When I saw XC versus that S.A side he marked everything in the wet. Absolute bucket hands.

Buckley is not a HB - showed that against Scotch last year.
Should be on HF

I posted this thread because I knew it would spark some conflict. Yes with the guys out for Caulfield we are a bit depleted but you cannot write us off. I havent' seen Xavier play and don't blame them being favourites but all I know is that if Caulfield catch Xavier off guard, Xavier will pay and pay heavily. As for you Alan Smith I hope you brake your leg like the real Alan Smith did, got it?
GO FIELDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, so tough seriously, couldn't be more scared of you right now...
I didn't know there was a real Alan Smith and a fake one either.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS R3- Caulfield v Xavier SHOWDOWN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back