APS schools possible draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Footymad

Anyone got any thoughts on Kennedy for Xavier - Number 44. Big lad and only in year 10 I believe. John Kennedy's son.
Is he on a TAC cup list?

Too young, will be on a list next year. How did he go - I've been hearing about him for a few years, geez we could do with a good father-son rule.

GoldenHawk
Didn't know who he was until the second half so i didn't watch him as intently as some of the others.

Big kid for his age. Mature body that can match it with the older ones. Played half foward and midfield. Looks to me as more of a tall in future years, Xavier seem to play bigger bodies in the middle rather than quick blokes.

By more of a tall I mean - Jobe Watson could be a comparison. A smallish key position that can play midfield. Not overly blessed with pace but can handle pack situations making him capable of playing tall.
Being in year 10 you would assume he will still grow so he may be different proposition in years to come.

Again - I didn't watch him intently for the whole game and would be keen on someone else's opinion.

Sezzac

Stephen Doyle 187-188cm 75kg. Took a number of good marks and appeared to fly for a lot more without success. Fought hard for the ball on the ground and showed some skill with his disposal at times. Vintage mentioned this lad as one he liked. I don’t know his age.

You mentioned this bloke in your summary. He was on Northern list last year and was cut for this season.

Would have been a top age, the way they're going maybe they should have kept him

Originally posted by Sezzac1
McQ is currenty 4 times the footballer SG is and has 10 times the potential. Garrubba runs fast. Big deal, so can David Clarke. ;)

David/Tim Clarke have endurance, not speed

Just a qucik one on Kennedy, for only a year 10 he is easily one of the physically biggest kids i have ever seen. Needs more pace but has a great pack mark and a bullet pass.
Not only son of John but is cousins with the Ball's (Matt and Luke) so its looks like he'll join matt at hawthorn in the next few years.

Dees,

I watched him play for MG against Scotch College to other day.

I kept his stats and he had 20 ks, 16 h/balls, 6 mks and 2 gls.

Fair day. BOG for mine.

From MGS. Sam and Chris Gooley, Mathew Thomas.. All three can be drafted.

From Scotch there were two but I have no idea of their ages so I don't even know if they can be drafted.

Jono Pearse. I’m guessing his height is around 193 and he’s about 84 kg. Played in the ruck and has a prodigious leap like our Cal Beasy. Is a leading high jumper from all reports, who hasn’t played a lot of footy. Probably took a 10-12 marks and looked terrific.

Andrew Ainger. looked about 194 and about 80 kg. Kicked 5 playing at FF. Mostly all came from athletic marking. He is all arms and legs and looks a touch uncoordinated at times but there was something to like about his kamikaze marking efforts

Ainger isn't eligble this year but i agree that there is something likeable about him. Seems to get his hands on it at every contest, Oakliegh are interested in getting him down for a game or two

Originally posted by ball04
Just a qucik one on Kennedy, for only a year 10 he is easily one of the physically biggest kids i have ever seen. Needs more pace but has a great pack mark and a bullet pass.
Not only son of John but is cousins with the Ball's (Matt and Luke) so its looks like he'll join matt at hawthorn in the next few years.

what are kennedys dimensions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees,

I watched him play for MG against Scotch College to other day.

I kept his stats and he had 20 ks, 16 h/balls, 6 mks and 2 gls.

Fair day. BOG for mine.

thanks for that. Do you think he will be at this stage an early draft pick

Dees,

Major question on his pace and he can tend to kick around corners. He uses the ball very well by hand but as I said, foot speed will make or break him much like it broke David Kellett last year.

Dees,

Major question on his pace and he can tend to kick around corners. He uses the ball very well by hand but as I said, foot speed will make or break him much like it broke David Kellett last year.

Reminds me, has anyone got the word on where Kellet is playing now?

Xavier v Scotch- last Saturday

Xavier won easily.

Ainger (Scotch) kept quiet to 1 goal.

Matt Spangher (ER)- Ruck Roved 3 goals and in the best 3. (Where he should be playing) Xavier used two ruckman in the middle.

James Glenn (OC)- Made up for last week and was probably best on ground from a wing

Kennedy - Played up forward and did ok. One to watch. Solid build not fat at all.

Myers (OC) - Quiet early took some good grabs in the last quarter but the sting was probably out of it.

Xavier Vs Scotch last Saturday

Xavier dominated the 2nd half to notch up an easy win.
Spangher (ER) was easily one of the best playing ruck rover, except dropped a few easy marks around the ground.

Myers (OC) couldn't hold a mark in the first 3 quaters and then grasped a few late in the game.

Kennedy was good up forward but kicked only 3 behinds for the game, great mark just needs to work on the finishing.

Ainger didn't have very many oppertunites but took a few solid marks and ended the game with 3 goals (not 1).

Thanks Ball04 and sorry to Mr Ainger my brief comment sounded like he didnt have a good day but as you mentioned he was really starved of opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS schools possible draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back