APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a very interesting finish to the season with the current team to beat Haileybury, who face 2nd placed St Kevin’s this week. Both teams still have to overcome MGS, BGS, GGS and Haileybury will also play WC as St Kevin’s still have the bye. On their day the first 3 teams are all hard to beat and could quite easily cause an upset. It could be a very interesting last round as St Kevin’s play BGS, will Watts play his last ever game of APS footy? More interestingly though this week when St Kevin’s and Haileybury play Vic metro is also playing, I will assume that Scully is playing for VM, but will Purcell play for school or VM? Massive call in what looms as a premiership deciding game

Seen both play this year and Haileybury are a 4/5 goal better team. Haileybury are just more organised, disciplined and stronger allround the park than St Kevs.

More interestingly though this week when St Kevin’s and Haileybury play Vic metro is also playing, I will assume that Scully is playing for VM, but will Purcell play for school or VM? Massive call in what looms as a premiership deciding game
Just on that, do you think the APS system needs to be changed? With the extension of the U18 Championships combined with the draw, those two factors can pretty much determine who wins the premiership.

Perhaps if there is a tie at the top of the table at the end of the season, then the teams should play in a decider.

CGS beat BGS. didnt stay the whole game but it was about 30 points with 10 mins to go.

number 20 for CGS was good

as well as number 7

Wesley beat Geelong College by 13 points. First time Wesley have beaten both Geelong teams at Geelong since something like 1973....

St Kevins defeated Haileybury by 37 points at Hailebury.
Best for SKC year 10 Jason Salopek(brother of Steve) Mitch Wallis killed them, Dylan Conway awesome first half, Tom Nicholls dominant second half. No Purcell for SKC nor Scully for Hailebury. Casley SKC is a freak show, year 11.
Number 7 for Hail was good as was Vickerys cousin.

St Kevins defeated Haileybury by 37 points at Hailebury.
Best for SKC year 10 Jason Salopek(brother of Steve) Mitch Wallis killed them, Dylan Conway awesome first half, Tom Nicholls dominant second half. No Purcell for SKC nor Scully for Hailebury. Casley SKC is a freak show, year 11.
Number 7 for Hail was good as was Vickerys cousin.

Thanks for the update. Mitch Wallis seems to be having a good year - hopefully we'll get him as a bargain father-son pick next year.

Did Tom Liberatore play?

Thanks for the update. Mitch Wallis seems to be having a good year - hopefully we'll get him as a bargain father-son pick next year.

Did Tom Liberatore play?
Yep, Libba was very good too, tough as nails and a raking left footer, Wallis and he will certainly be at the Doggies, Wallis a top 10 pick if not a FS.
Salopek is the next Brendon Goddard of the APS.

Proved me wrong. :D That's a pretty good margin, no Scully but that's still a good win. Title's up for grabs now with St Kev's well positioned.

Yeah i'm sure both scully and purcell will be dissapointed about making the trip to WA with VM only to get smashed.
After a good win this weekend are wesley a genuine chance to knock off Haileybury? and are Melbourne Grammar good enough to really test both St Kevin's and Haileybury?

Yeah i'm sure both scully and purcell will be dissapointed about making the trip to WA with VM only to get smashed.
After a good win this weekend are wesley a genuine chance to knock off Haileybury? and are Melbourne Grammar good enough to really test both St Kevin's and Haileybury?

Haha uncle, no more bold predictions from me, but it will be interesting to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward and defense is good enough to challenge most teams, its just our midfield has been killed in the few losses i've seen

barring a disaster, haileybury should not lose the premiership, with only one more round left before school holidays, and then scully will be back for haileybury for all of term 3, and while st kevins did defeat haileybury comfortably, st kevins line up is shaky, and through a loss to xavier, i doubt that they can win the premiership.

barring a disaster, haileybury should not lose the premiership, with only one more round left before school holidays, and then scully will be back for haileybury for all of term 3, and while st kevins did defeat haileybury comfortably, st kevins line up is shaky, and through a loss to xavier, i doubt that they can win the premiership.

numbers suggest that both sides still have an equal chance of winning the flag. both sides still have to play MGS, geelong grammar and brighton, with haileybury additionally having to play wesley with skevs having the bye next week. i think it is fitting that the current two contenders have such an even run home-success shall be based purely on performace, not anomalies of the draw.

if skevs and haileybury don't lose a game from here on, skevs win the premiership. Can you explain why skevs line up is shaky, because they probably have the most depth of any team. (This year,4 made the u18 vm overall squad, with 3 more in the under 17 and one in the under 16, with a further 4 or so previously making state teams in past years. IMO, thats a team with a lot of depth and not very shaky)

Interesting opinion stanton, what part of the St Kevin’s line up do you find shaky?

I find it hard to believe that it will take a disaster for Haileybury to loose a game against the exact same teams as St Kevin's plays, seeing as you don't think St Kevin's will win their remaining 3 games. Interesting seeing at St Kevin's is coming off a good 37 point victory against Haileybury at home and will be strengthened by the return of their captain Purcell from his VM duties. In saying that I still think they have a lot of work to do and both MGS and BGS will provide massive challenges. But with one less game to play, and having 2 out of 3 home games I think they are a massive chance.

If wesley can continue their good form and regain their two VM ruckman they could defiently match it with hailebury in the last round. If st kevins lose a game before then it could make that game very interesting.

Interesting opinion stanton, what part of the St Kevin’s line up do you find shaky?

I find it hard to believe that it will take a disaster for Haileybury to loose a game against the exact same teams as St Kevin's plays, seeing as you don't think St Kevin's will win their remaining 3 games. Interesting seeing at St Kevin's is coming off a good 37 point victory against Haileybury at home and will be strengthened by the return of their captain Purcell from his VM duties. In saying that I still think they have a lot of work to do and both MGS and BGS will provide massive challenges. But with one less game to play, and having 2 out of 3 home games I think they are a massive chance.

just that when scotch were missing 2 or 3 of their top 6 players against both haileybury and st kevins, haileybury's class came out on top, while when st kevins were up by 5 goals in the 3rd quarter, suddenly scotch won all the centre clearances for the rest of the quarter, proving how valuable scully is too haileybury in tight games.

just that when scotch were missing 2 or 3 of their top 6 players against both haileybury and st kevins, haileybury's class came out on top, while when st kevins were up by 5 goals in the 3rd quarter, suddenly scotch won all the centre clearances for the rest of the quarter, proving how valuable scully is too haileybury in tight games.

Fair enough, didn't see that game but from the sounds of it St Kevin's shouldn’t have let Scotch get so close.
But in saying that I don't think you can claim they have a very shaky line up just because they let scotch back into the game, maybe a lack of fitness? Either way there is still 4 rounds of football to be played and anything can happen in APS football. It would be very interesting if any big name players get injured playing TAC over the holidays.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back