APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

does that include the decisions made by your goal umpire?

TC:eek:
What? You calling him a cheat?

The umpire was walking off the ground and talking to the other umpire and he was over heard saying "I saw him fall to the ground and assumed it was a free kick"

It may have been a free but you can't pay something you can't see...

What? You calling him a cheat?

The umpire was walking off the ground and talking to the other umpire and he was over heard saying "I saw him fall to the ground and assumed it was a free kick"

It may have been a free but you can't pay something you can't see...

not at all, just saying there were some 50/50 decisions made at the end he was umpiring at and some fans behind the goals were quite riled with a few of his decisions. You have to take the good with the bad, thats the way the games always been played.

not at all, just saying there were some 50/50 decisions made at the end he was umpiring at and some fans behind the goals were quite riled with a few of his decisions. You have to take the good with the bad, thats the way the games always been played.

Guess so. But the umpire definitely said what I quoted above. I was actually in tears laughing when he walked past.

Guess so. But the umpire definitely said what I quoted above. I was actually in tears laughing when he walked past.

The umpires pretty much ruined what was otherwise a really good game. They didnt let you do anything without getting pinged

The umpires pretty much ruined what was otherwise a really good game. They didnt let you do anything without getting pinged
Shit game! Scrappy, players hovering around the footy. It was like Under 12s.

The umpires were as bad as the way the two teams played.

But a wider issue - the APS need to look at getting independent goal umpires. Far too many questionable decisions ...definately ruining things.

the wes v caulfield game, although had disputable umpiring, was still a good match, but to many ball ups and crowding around the ball, as the blode said above. the goal umpiring though was done quite well, and the close decisions were handled well and were all pretty much spot on.

Shit game! Scrappy, players hovering around the footy. It was like Under 12s.

The umpires were as bad as the way the two teams played.

But a wider issue - the APS need to look at getting independent goal umpires. Far too many questionable decisions ...definately ruining things.

definetly. like with the Wesley v. Brighton game, a questionable call at the end could have gone Wesley's way but the young Brighton goal umpire was out of position and under the pressure from the Brighton players gave it out on the full. if there was an independent goal umpire there would not be as much doubt. the respective teams could argue against those umpires but not against the opposing school.
definetly needs to be looked at...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me if Luke Lowden is still playing for Caulfield? Hurt his shoulder pre-season for Hawthorn but played the first few rounds for Caulfield. If he's still playing, how's he going?

Appreciate any info, cheers

Can anyone tell me if Luke Lowden is still playing for Caulfield? Hurt his shoulder pre-season for Hawthorn but played the first few rounds for Caulfield. If he's still playing, how's he going?

Appreciate any info, cheers

He played against wesley, apparently that was his last game seeing as he is having a shoulder operation these holidays or something??

st kevins are easily in the best position, they have beaten both hailebury and wesley and only need to beat geelong, melbourne and birghton and they will win the premiership.
Even if hailebury win all there games also, skc and hailebury will be tied so skc win because they beat hailebury.

doesnt work like that pal, doesnt go on percentage or anything, it goes on the amount of wins, so if HC and SKC have the same amount of wins they share the flag...but either side could be knocked of by the brighton team, my mate goes to scotch and said that they will be very hard to beat with players back from injury and other games elsewhere. it will be a big few games with both HC and SKC having to play agaisnt BGS.

also any predictions on the APS team???

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back