APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Hailebury arn't much good, a highly depleted wesley side smashed them on the weekend. Both sides missing talent but hailebury really does not have any quality once you get past the scully hutchins types.

Skevs only played cachia and castricum from their top 9 or so players in the St pats match, with the yr ten state players playing. However, not sure if st pats were full strength, but cannot deny they are a good team.

obviously st kevins and MGS will be up there this year, but BGS and Caulfield won't be that fantastic, as I see it.
1. St kevins ( but close between grammar and scotch)
2. Scotch/ Grammar
3. Scotch/ Grammar
4. Xavier
5. Brighton

I'm suprised u rate Scotch so highly, i really think Xavier, BGS and CGS will be better than Scotch this year as well as MGS and SKC of course! I have heard they are not even as good as they were last year (finished 6th i believe) with the likes of Strauss and Bull gone; it will be interesting to see...

I'm suprised u rate Scotch so highly, i really think Xavier, BGS and CGS will be better than Scotch this year as well as MGS and SKC of course! I have heard they are not even as good as they were last year (finished 6th i believe) with the likes of Strauss and Bull gone; it will be interesting to see...

i disagree, with the likes of Liam Jones, drafted no.32 last year, who only played 1 game, this will make a siginificant difference, and with others returning from injury such as Jamie Macmillan who has been selected in the top 35 VIc Metro, i believe scotch will push for a tilt at the flag this year

While there are a lot of schools pushing for the flag, honestly i thinks its going to be out of skevs and mgs. mgs are yet to lose one of their 10 practice matches thus far -including the first one against skevs which was fairly close with both teams missing big guns but mgs winning by around a goal

Mgs forward line will be the cause of havoc for all teams this year with May, Mitchell and Sultan (all 6'4 or taller and FREAKS) being postioned there and with a reasonably unknown, but strong midfield, this will be very handy for grammar when teams don't know who to line up against.

The backline will once again be solid with the likes of Keath and voyage (best one on one defender in the aps)
although when versing the likes of 15 or so TAC players i've heard skevs have (rumours,can someone confirm?), they will be very hard to beat.

we beat geelong grammar with a 2nd/3rd side although to their defence i think they were missing quite a few players aswell and scotch college perth was a fairly close match although once again alot of players were out due injury, tac or the ASI trip.

We played Ivanhoe today, (split up into a 1sts in the first half / 2nds in the second half match) and the 1sts won convincingly with may and keith firing, aswell as keeping ivanhoe to 1 goal for the 1st half

And just on your 'how much heart grammar actually have,' it was clear last year how much heart the grammar boys gave throughout the season to win the premiership. We won 6 of the games by less then a goal and not many teams have the ability to withstand that much pressure and fatigue in the last quarter week in, week out without showing a little heart towards the game and their team mates.
We won last year because of our team unity and we played like every game was 'a grand final' -as our coach says- because thats how much it meant to us. And for this year, i only think that 'heart' will go stronger, so you other aps schools better be ready...

basically there are 4 schools in contention, st kevs, grammar, xavier and scotch, not really sure about caulfield or brighton.

CGS pumped Wesley from Melbourne, and Perth in a pre-season game and were missing 10 of their starting 18, due to they are country boys.

With Liam Jones Contained well on Saturday.. it is a possiblity for CGS to perform better than once suspected against Scotch, and the APS.

Enough of Caulfield, dismiss this them from such prospects as the APS flag immediately. Skevs. Scotch, Xavs and Grammar. Top four runners for the illustrious APS premiership 2009. Can't count out Haileybury either, Tom Scully looks like he's about to burst out of his own skin. Xavs vs. Haileybury tomorrow will be a great match.

Enough of Caulfield, dismiss this them from such prospects as the APS flag immediately. Skevs. Scotch, Xavs and Grammar. Top four runners for the illustrious APS premiership 2009. Can't count out Haileybury either, Tom Scully looks like he's about to burst out of his own skin. Xavs vs. Haileybury tomorrow will be a great match.

unfortunately mate i never made such claim that they would contend for the flag.

simply said they may perform better than expected.

While there are a lot of schools pushing for the flag, honestly i thinks its going to be out of skevs and mgs. mgs are yet to lose one of their 10 practice matches thus far -including the first one against skevs which was fairly close with both teams missing big guns but mgs winning by around a goal

Mgs forward line will be the cause of havoc for all teams this year with May, Mitchell and Sultan (all 6'4 or taller and FREAKS) being postioned there and with a reasonably unknown, but strong midfield, this will be very handy for grammar when teams don't know who to line up against.

The backline will once again be solid with the likes of Keath and voyage (best one on one defender in the aps)
although when versing the likes of 15 or so TAC players i've heard skevs have (rumours,can someone confirm?), they will be very hard to beat.

1. wallis
2. liberatore
3. castricum
4. conway
5. griffiths
6. cachia
7. nicholls
8. broadhurst
9. purcell

i dont go to st kevins and thats what i can name. so there would be more.

1. wallis
2. liberatore
3. castricum
4. conway
5. griffiths
6. cachia
7. nicholls
8. broadhurst
9. purcell

i dont go to st kevins and thats what i can name. so there would be more.

i think people are getting to excited over the team lists and players names, remember footy isn't won on paper. For example last year haileybury should have won the premeirship with the likes of: Lynch, Vickery, Scully and Martin but the fact is they didn't. When it was crunch time the start of the 4th quarter against MGS these "guns" didn't stand up and got beaten by a relatively unknown and underated MGS outfit.

With the APS season commencing in a matter of hours it will be interesting to see if SKC can dominate sides and win the premiership like so many have predicted; it should be simple since, apparently 2/3 of their line up are out and out "superstars!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half time score; Haileybury (away) 47 lead Xavier (home) 34
very interesting half time score line at the xavier main, I'm sure all of MGS and SKC will be very pleased with the current situation, considering XC were expected to be a top 3 side this year.

Half time score; Haileybury (away) 47 lead Xavier (home) 34
very interesting half time score line at the xavier main, I'm sure all of MGS and SKC will be very pleased with the current situation, considering XC were expected to be a top 3 side this year.

I think you'll find that XC have a few out with State Trials and a couple of injuries - but still a pretty fair effort from the scholarship crew at Haileybury.

all the know guns fro skevs (cachia, wallis, liba, conway, purcell) dominated and ended up kicking away in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back