WESLEY 2 2 0 4
GC 2 1 1 2
CAREY 2 1 1 2
XAVIER 1 0 1 0
HAILEYBURY 1 0 1 0
MGS 2 0 2 0
GGS 2 0 2 0
BRIGHTON 2 0 2 0

Games have been a lot more tighter this yr, no one has blown away another team, except skc against carey last week, and even in that game, there was only a point in it at half time.

i wouldnt say kicking 8 goals to 1 in the third quarter was flukey, it was just a dominant display by scotch. they dominated melbourne in clearances, and it just seemed they wanted the ball a lot more. melbourne started fumbling and scotch made the most of their chances and kicked accurately.

i agree with you that scotch didnt really have many great players, they all just seem even and they all contribute, no one stood out. great depth

if it wasn't flukey then why couldn't they reproduce it in the other qtrs? as i said doubt they'll win another game for rest of the year unless luck goes their way. they have no chance against the likes of wesley xavs caulfield st kevs or geelong. they have no good players to take on the game. that is all.

MGS were somehow beaten by scotch by 2 goals on friday in the schools big rivalry match. Grammar were the better side all day but scotch had one flukey qtr kicking 8 goals, grammar won every other qtr and were much more deserving. Grammars best were the usual: paine, daish, heff, leveni and lam. scotch don't really have any great players and i think they'll struggle to win more games this year.

Really?

MGS are by no means a good side. They would have had scotch buried by half time if they were. Then to come out and say that they a) were the better side 'all' day and b) were much more deserving is quite frankly just reflection of your fundemental lack of knowledge. I'd argue that MGS will struggle to win many more games esp if they lose Paine and Roberts to metro duties...they lack serious depth and rely very heavily on too few.

CGS are going to be a powerful unit this year. Young Blake Pearson can seriously play. Interesting result coming out of Geelong on the weekend, i was expecting a really close one between GC and WC. Interesting revival from Scotch after last season. And can people not talk up the qaulity of the SKC HC game, they are probably fighting it out for the wooden spoon this year. Xavier as always the sleeping giant.

Really?

MGS are by no means a good side. They would have had scotch buried by half time if they were. Then to come out and say that they a) were the better side 'all' day and b) were much more deserving is quite frankly just reflection of your fundemental lack of knowledge. I'd argue that MGS will struggle to win many more games esp if they lose Paine and Roberts to metro duties...they lack serious depth and rely very heavily on too few.

CGS are going to be a powerful unit this year. Young Blake Pearson can seriously play. Interesting result coming out of Geelong on the weekend, i was expecting a really close one between GC and WC. Interesting revival from Scotch after last season. And can people not talk up the qaulity of the SKC HC game, they are probably fighting it out for the wooden spoon this year. Xavier as always the sleeping giant.

That sleeping giant you are referring to are yet to open their account. I think as the season unfolds you will see that HC and SKC are good sides that will match it with anybody. As for that wooden spoon-keep digging it in your ass.

yeah their first half was disgraceful, then in the final quarter they kicked something like 5 behinds, probably of which 3 should have been kicked. bit unlucky to not snare a goal.

i doubt they'll challenge the likes of wesley, caulfield and xavs (i dont really know much about geelong), but i dont see st kevins as a very strong outfit this year. scotch played them in a practice match with 3 of their top 5 players out and beat them comfortably by 30 points. so i think st kevins have been a bit overrated. also heard grammar beat them by 10 goals, but apparently st kevins had a few out against them

Skevs without 8 tac boys, plus 3 or 4 other guns who've played tac/vic before, and had kids running round in the 3rds playing against scotch and had a number of yr 10's as well. A poor indication of the team tbh.
They're not going to be a dominant force as they have been recently, but they will challenge every team and be competitive with wes/cgs. Underestimate skevs at your own peril, as carey found out a week ago.

Big game next week, Carey vs MGS. MGS look a decent side with some unlucky results so far, and Carey coming off an easy win over a lack-luster Geelong Grammar, who cannot put on a spread to save themselves.

Skevs without 8 tac boys, plus 3 or 4 other guns who've played tac/vic before, and had kids running round in the 3rds playing against scotch and had a number of yr 10's as well. A poor indication of the team tbh.
They're not going to be a dominant force as they have been recently, but they will challenge every team and be competitive with wes/cgs. Underestimate skevs at your own peril, as carey found out a week ago.

I would like to know who the 8 TAC boys who were missing are?? And the other 3 or 4 Guns who've played TAC/VIC before ARE???

That sleeping giant you are referring to are yet to open their account. I think as the season unfolds you will see that HC and SKC are good sides that will match it with anybody. As for that wooden spoon-keep digging it in your ass.

I have a feeling you have misinterpreted the term 'sleeping giant'....speaking of digging, how's that hole going for you champ?

@ in the square. You listed many players there, but not many of them are that game changing. Purcell probably the best but he has nothing on the likes of greene, golds, paine, hunter and other top echelon players. I may have gone overboard underestimating the skevs line-up, they may challenge most sides but can't see them being too much of a threat to the likes of wes, gc, xc or cgs. HC will struggle on the other hand. Seccull is a good player but there is no one there supporting him from older years.

MGS were somehow beaten by scotch by 2 goals on friday in the schools big rivalry match. Grammar were the better side all day but scotch had one flukey qtr kicking 8 goals, grammar won every other qtr and were much more deserving. Grammars best were the usual: paine, daish, heff, leveni and lam. scotch don't really have any great players and i think they'll struggle to win more games this year.

Shocking call. Jack Billings is a machine.

Xavs fresh and ready to go this week, should tear apart a Geelong team travelling interstate

I have a feeling you have misinterpreted the term 'sleeping giant'....speaking of digging, how's that hole going for you champ?

@ in the square. You listed many players there, but not many of them are that game changing. Purcell probably the best but he has nothing on the likes of greene, golds, paine, hunter and other top echelon players. I may have gone overboard underestimating the skevs line-up, they may challenge most sides but can't see them being too much of a threat to the likes of wes, gc, xc or cgs. HC will struggle on the other hand. Seccull is a good player but there is no one there supporting him from older years.
i would say salopek is more damaging, but thats my opinion, is one of the top players at stingrays. hunter is a freak aswell.
i agree there isn't any super freak playing at skevs, but they have a very solid team over all, which makes for a good team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am an old Caulfield grammarian from 2008 and currently have a brother who plays in the BGS first XVIII.
And i must say that last weeks game was one of the best games i have seen played at APS level. BGS had one foot in the door when they went 3 kicks ahead in the last quater, but CGS rallied and over ran the young BGS team. The inclusion of the small international recruit up forward for BGS (number 25) was a big positive aswell as the new time keeper with blonde tips (not sure of his name again) on the side line really gave some spark which was otherwise not there last week.
From my position on the sideline it seemed that Bugg was about as capable of winning his own ball as number 4 from BGS (not sure of his name) was of scoring from a set shot. He continually got it on the outside and let his team mates do the hard work, something which he must improve in order to make it in the AFL arena.
Full credit must go to both schools for a great game and it will be interesting to see if CGS and back up a solid performance against the highly fancied unit that is Wesley this weekend.

Finally,Can i interest you in some water on your arms:confused:

I am an old Caulfield grammarian from 2008 and currently have a brother who plays in the BGS first XVIII.
And i must say that last weeks game was one of the best games i have seen played at APS level. BGS had one foot in the door when they went 3 kicks ahead in the last quater, but CGS rallied and over ran the young BGS team. The inclusion of the small international recruit up forward for BGS (number 25) was a big positive aswell as the new time keeper with blonde tips (not sure of his name again) on the side line really gave some spark which was otherwise not there last week.
From my position on the sideline it seemed that Bugg was about as capable of winning his own ball as number 4 from BGS (not sure of his name) was of scoring from a set shot. He continually got it on the outside and let his team mates do the hard work, something which he must improve in order to make it in the AFL arena.
Full credit must go to both schools for a great game and it will be interesting to see if CGS and back up a solid performance against the highly fancied unit that is Wesley this weekend.

Finally,Can i interest you in some water on your arms:confused:

I didnt attend the game but from what i hear the stars of gotch, bugg and pearson got them over the line in the end, considering they retained plenty of last years side that finished 2nd i wouldve thought they could have done a lot better, full credit to brightons younger side
and i understand where you are coming from 'water on my arms' but perhaps gws picked him up as an outside midfielder?? maybe cgs tell him to play a similiar role for them
Some huge games this week however the biggest game surely wesley v cgs followed closely by xavier vs geelong college. scotch play bgs, mgs play carey, geelong grammar play haileybury,
thoughts on the results of this weeks games?

Predictions for this week:

Wesley over Caulfield in a close one
Xavier a comfortable win over Geelong college
Brighton to knock off Scotch
Melbourne to bounce back from last week and cruise in over Carey
Haileybury to scrape in over Geelong grammar

Finally St Kevins to beat St Kevins in an intra-club board game as they have the bye. May i suggest snakes and ladders to the boys from Moonga road

I didnt attend the game but from what i hear the stars of gotch, bugg and pearson got them over the line in the end, considering they retained plenty of last years side that finished 2nd i wouldve thought they could have done a lot better, full credit to brightons younger side
and i understand where you are coming from 'water on my arms' but perhaps gws picked him up as an outside midfielder?? maybe cgs tell him to play a similiar role for them
Some huge games this week however the biggest game surely wesley v cgs followed closely by xavier vs geelong college. scotch play bgs, mgs play carey, geelong grammar play haileybury,
thoughts on the results of this weeks games?

wesley by 30 points

geelong by 8 points

scotch by 24

mgs by 30+

haileybury by 15

I wouldnt be in a rush to put those bets on apsisthe best. Take your head in the sand comments elsewhere you lowlife scum

wesley by 30 points

geelong by 8 points

scotch by 24

mgs by 30+

haileybury by 15

Wesley by 12 points
Geelong Coll by 15 points
Brighton by 8 points
Carey by 12 points
Haileybury by 5 points

Apsisbest, why will mgs win by so much?? what happened to careys list of big name players?? are they not performing?

Wesley by 12 points
Geelong Coll by 15 points
Brighton by 8 points
Carey by 12 points
Haileybury by 5 points

Apsisbest, why will mgs win by so much?? what happened to careys list of big name players?? are they not performing?

Carey dont have a list of big name players, there all average and just hyped up by naive Carey people, Yeah some of them are good but not great. Maybe i went a bit over board but I'd stick with 20 + victory.

apsisthebest23...you need to relax, maybe take the 'water on your arms' because right now your as red as cameron ling on a hot summers day.
i really think the civility of this forum has diverted from school football, but really a huge game between caulfield and wesley, two powerhouses of the APS and grand final rematch, should be a great game

haha il take it. caulfield vs wesley should be a great game but wesley have it in the bag, basically all schloraship side. if they didnt have schloraships they would probably be in for the spoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back