APS v AGS

Remove this Banner Ad

dutchy12 said:
Jack Watts is the worst player i have ever seen play the game, such a disappointment in the footsteps of Fergus. No coordination, couldn't take a proper mark, couldn't kick and tripped over himself about 5 times.... APS selectors must have some mental problems in picking him.... he was absolutely awful.
The only thing that Fleming had on fire was his hair as he was also terrible!

For a second there i thought u were talking about Tanner(#12) from the ags. Witness a woeful display from the solid boy. Heard many good things about him from the season but did not display any of them last night. Do not think he took one mark all night, dropped everything. As soon as he heard footsteps, even from the smallest of players, he actually shat himself. Many times he would go up in a pack contest half heartedly, and come out of it panting as if no preason was put in this year from the big man. For his size he showed no agression, and whenever near a contest with Murray he would back off or be brushed aside. His kicking was another atrocious display, could not kick over a jam tin and therefore did not his a target all night. The ags side seemed to be lacking the instensity and effort across the half forward line, to be able to get the pill down to jesse silver (who played well for what he had coming from down the field). I beleive Tanner was the one who was playing chf, who was a key contributor in the breakdown coming into the forward line. Believe if colbert/dunnet (ivanhoe) or darwin (marcelin) played at chf they would have shown talent and brain to push up in a V like fashion onto the wings, giving Jesse Silver a considerable amount of space to weave his magic. My 3,2,1 votes for worst on ground would have to go to:
1- Graham(mauled in the ruck)
2-Chamberlain
3- Tanner(#12)

Aps were just too stong with the scholarship boys stepping up to prove their worth to the private school federation.

Hope the ags make it a closer contest next year. If anyone else has anythought about my remarks, post away.

bigbazz05 said:
My 3,2,1 votes for worst on ground would have to go to:
1- Graham(mauled in the ruck)
2-Chamberlain
3- Tanner(#12)
They are fair votes, certainly Angus Graham was well beaten by Hawkins in the ruck, and by the last quarter AGS had Colbert in there. It's going to be interesting to see where Graham plays when he goes back to Calder, only a back up ruck role at best with Neaves in their side.

Chamberlain, well he dropped one or two marks that probably need to be held at any level. Perhaps the footsteps from behind echo badly at Elsternwick Park.

And Tanner, well yeah I didn't see anything to like there, Murray had the better of things there for the time they were on each other and Murray kept going well after Tanner went off him as well.

Someone asked about APS player Huw Flanagan, he was the back up ruck behind Hawkins, not a massive influence on the game.

The only other one from AGS who I hardly noticed was Andre Gianfagna, was he out there and did he do much?

gianfagna was solid, did some exciting things showing his excpetional pace along with anderson. find it hard to belive you missed him.. were you at the game?

I see the APS won the footy, soccer and hockey after winning the cricket and tennis earlier this year. Has the AGS ever won any of these fixtures apart from cross country running.

was watching the game last night, realy impressed with the agression and quality shown by the aps team.. the ags were surprisingly soft ( and i am not a bias aps man). the melbourne grammar coaach did extremely well with his constant rotations of his 6 gun midfielders ( cain, werzberger, flemming, plymin, kennedy and mcguinessl)
3 votes: Kennedy
2 votes: hawkins
1 vote: murray
others who also deserved votes were: werzberger, morrison, cain and darvel

Willo06 said:
gianfagna was solid, did some exciting things showing his excpetional pace along with anderson. find it hard to belive you missed him.. were you at the game?
Of course I was at the game. By my records he was on a half forward flank early, then a wing with a bit of time in the middle. Cant say I remember him getting a lot of the ball for someone who was in that area of the ground, but it is a wide ground and pretty bloody hard to see what's going on the other side. And the AGS were fairly well smashed as well, so not easy for their players to stand out.

Willo06 said:

gianfagna is soft! and the only reason he is respected is for his exceptional speed. he sits of the packs and waits for the ball to be given to him!

I dunno if people have already talked about this... But was Nathan Jones playing for AGS.. or didn't play.. or injured or what?? coz he is a gun, and would of played well, but i havent seen his name mensioned...

foot-long said:
I dunno if people have already talked about this... But was Nathan Jones playing for AGS.. or didn't play.. or injured or what?? coz he is a gun, and would of played well, but i havent seen his name mensioned...

yeah playing for stingrays insted. just didnt want to play both!

i heard mcguiness was one of the best from BGS and muarry killed it with kennedy behind him? Marston killed there full forward which was apose to be one of there bets players!

saints336 said:
i heard mcguiness was one of the best from BGS and muarry killed it with kennedy behind him? Marston killed there full forward which was apose to be one of there bets players!
McGuinness was a ball magnet esp second half - good handball brought many into the game.
Marston didn't get much to do at FB but was very solid.
Kennedy was a gun.

after watching this match.. and the APS saeason it can be officially and obviously said that Josh Kennedy is the best player in the APS. He is a freak!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones is injured, didnt play but would have been valuable to AGS. Graham was still showing signs of intoxication from a heavy weekend and got a corkie early on. Silver dominated the few times they got the ball within 50 meters of him and Trevaskis was holding up the back line, with Colbert battling hard around the ground. Other wise it was a fairly lifeless and disinterested game by the ags. Team would have been vastly improved had there not been a need to take players from mediocre teams such as yarra valley, mentone, ect..
Riddle (Ivanhoe), Summers (ack) would have been better selections and brought some size to an otherwise small side.

service said:
after watching this match.. and the APS saeason it can be officially and obviously said that Josh Kennedy is the best player in the APS. He is a freak!
That's great news, can you tell us more about him, strengths etc.

Just thought i'd throw one in...

Would Travis Cloke have made a difference to the outcome of this match, giving the ags some apparently much needed height? He is of course doing yr 12 this year at Yarra Valley, an otherwise ordinary footy school. any comments?

del_santos said:
Just thought i'd throw one in...

Would Travis Cloke have made a difference to the outcome of this match, giving the ags some apparently much needed height? He is of course doing yr 12 this year at Yarra Valley, an otherwise ordinary footy school. any comments?
Trav cloke would have made a big difference but prob not a 70 point one, not saying good players cant come from ordinary teams but i think its unfair for players who are better and more deserving from better teams to miss out purely for the fact that each school needs a representative. Cloke would have freed up tanner to sit on the bench where he should have been, had a woeful night.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
gianfagna is soft! and the only reason he is respected is for his exceptional speed. he sits of the packs and waits for the ball to be given to him![/QUOTE
Worst statement ever u wouldnt have a clue

smoking said:
I see the APS won the footy, soccer and hockey after winning the cricket and tennis earlier this year. Has the AGS ever won any of these fixtures apart from cross country running.

ags won footy 2001 and 2002
ags will win tennis next year ;)

Disco said:
Jones is injured, didnt play but would have been valuable to AGS. Graham was still showing signs of intoxication from a heavy weekend and got a corkie early on. Silver dominated the few times they got the ball within 50 meters of him and Trevaskis was holding up the back line, with Colbert battling hard around the ground. Other wise it was a fairly lifeless and disinterested game by the ags. Team would have been vastly improved had there not been a need to take players from mediocre teams such as yarra valley, mentone, ect..
Riddle (Ivanhoe), Summers (ack) would have been better selections and brought some size to an otherwise small side.
jones was not injured he didnt want to play as simple as that

Remove this Banner Ad

APS v AGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back