Are Adelaide now in crisis?

Remove this Banner Ad

So, if it comes from the subject, it can't be trusted. But if it comes from someone who is not the subject but someone who is speculating on what the subject thinks, then that's solid???

The lack of logic is amazing.
I think it is that lying is second nature in football so you can't believe direct source but you infer the thinking by observing behaviour

Taylor Walker did a testimonial for them days after his GF meltdown. Con artists.
I've never seen it so don't have an opinion.

Don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if he did. It's very possible that it's a system that has worked for him most of the time. One or two incidents doesn't dismiss that. Can't be perfect all of the time, need to be realistic.

However, clubs need to be so aware that every player is different and what works for one may not work for another. From what I've seen, Collective Minds pushes group conformity instead of respect for individuals. Collective Mind is probably a better name for their entity.

Absolutely, it's all about what you need, not what you've got. Adelaide had Walker, Betts, Lynch, McGovern and Cameron in that forward line, and to pay what they have for Jenkins on top never made sense to me. But as you said, I'm no list manager.

It IS interesting how people look at different players you are right. As an aside, y
ou wouldn't think that Dixon and Jenkins are almost identical in rucking stats (the "second" part of their bow), but they are.
The $525K for Jenkins is not a problem, but the 5 year deal I don't like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be concerned if the captain of my club didnt text players about leaking inside information to the media.

I suppose he could've done a Cotchin and got his partner to cry on social media about it?

I think you're far overstating the effects of the camp. I dont think we're struggling on-field because of the camp. We simply just do not have the personel to compete at the moment. We did compete for a few weeks with our 2nds in, until the inexperienced players got sore and tired yet had nobody to replace them.

I dont think your team would do that well with say Riewoldt, Cotchin, Rance, Lambert and Caddy on the sidelines.

Do you realise that this collective minds thing started pre last season?
A season where we were the best team for most of it and fell at the final hurdle.

I guess we'll see come the end of the year whether half the squad leaves like you guys seem to think.

Also your club self destructed for about 30 years. Dont pipe up when you're briefly a successful team.
I'd be concerned that after the captain of the club texted everyone about leaking inside information to the media, that was then leaked to the media. You don't see the players at any other club undermining their captain so blatantly. It's a slippery slope once the captain starts losing the respect of the playing group

Adelaide are not done yet.

I remember flogging you guys so many times. Tony modra didn't have to train the week he played you. Got free entry and drinks to crazy horse all week

Now that was a crisis.
Did you see Helen d’amico there?

When a club institutes a gameplan that is built around the strengths of their players - putting certain players in certain roles based on how fast they can run, how far they can kick etc - and then that gameplan is systematically destroyed on national television when every statistic pointed towards an easy victory, the club has one of two options:

1. Admit they simply backed the wrong horse and shift away from a regimented style to something more fluid that might take adjustments of personnel and list strategy.

2. Act in a delusional manner and try to mitigate perceived mental deficiencies and barriers because it couldn’t possibly be an issue with the tactics.

Adelaide chose option 2. That’s why they went so far down the rabbit hole with Collective Minds. Pyke couldn’t admit that his gameplan doesn’t work on the wider ground of the MCG, so it had to be the fault of the players. You can even hear it in his post GF press conference - he basically talks about the full field pressure and system that Richmond uses but then goes on to say that Adelaide wasn’t built to play that way, so he would be sticking to what they knew.

That’s why I knew they would have a poor season.

Lucky you had the easiest part of your draw while you had the injuries, otherwise the tally wouldn’t look so good.
Richmond and Sydney sure were easy games! Damn you know football well, where do I subscribe to your newsletter? Usually I don’t bother responding to such shit posts these days, but this was on another level of bad.

When a club institutes a gameplan that is built around the strengths of their players - putting certain players in certain roles based on how fast they can run, how far they can kick etc - and then that gameplan is systematically destroyed on national television when every statistic pointed towards an easy victory, the club has one of two options:

1. Admit they simply backed the wrong horse and shift away from a regimented style to something more fluid that might take adjustments of personnel and list strategy.

2. Act in a delusional manner and try to mitigate perceived mental deficiencies and barriers because it couldn’t possibly be an issue with the tactics.

Adelaide chose option 2. That’s why they went so far down the rabbit hole with Collective Minds. Pyke couldn’t admit that his gameplan doesn’t work on the wider ground of the MCG, so it had to be the fault of the players. You can even hear it in his post GF press conference - he basically talks about the full field pressure and system that Richmond uses but then goes on to say that Adelaide wasn’t built to play that way, so he would be sticking to what they knew.

That’s why I knew they would have a poor season.
Interesting post.

We built a gameplan that failed miserably on the mcg in 2015 - but it was neccesity that made us use it having a chb and a fb go down with knees for the season.

It failed - we moved on to a different style and it seems to be working so far.

Any side that doesnt build a gameplan to work on the g is wasting their time. Pity we dont get the games there to try it out.

Yes, we are.

Playing group fractured due to incompetent executive and footy ops.

Adelaide have never really had a great off-field culture, God help the AFL if they ever do.

No idea why Brett Burton has a job either.

Imagine how good we would’ve been if we didn’t **** our selves over at every opportunity? :(

Yes, we are.

Playing group fractured due to incompetent executive and footy ops.

Imagine how good we would’ve been if we didn’t **** our selves over at every opportunity? :(
I mean, Even the floggiest port fans pity some of the off-field decisions. Brett Burton was at the ****ing Lions when they absolutely imploded, How did he basically come over and get a promotion.

In saying that, Fully aware as much as i've layed the boots into the crows just then they'll probably do us by 40 odd points on the weekend now

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Adelaide now in crisis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back