Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2006
Private Idaho
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Coast Racing Pigeon Club
After todays game...NO

the usual suspects are soft as butter and 'front running' seems to be a title that springs to mind when ever that clubs named is mentioned..

take nothing away from the Dee's they played some great footy using the corridor, whilst the Pies seemed more intent on going wide and flooding at every opportunity...

Are the Pies that good?

9-22 would have to be a worry. I thought WC had patented that forward system.

Didn't Brisbane beat the pies as well and Brisbane have been found out as also rans.

After todays game...NO

the usual suspects are soft as butter and 'front running' seems to be a title that springs to mind when ever that clubs named is mentioned..

take nothing away from the Dee's they played some great footy using the corridor, whilst the Pies seemed more intent on going wide and flooding at every opportunity...

Are the Pies that good?

They are a solid, dependable side.

3rd-6th

After todays game...NO

Are the Pies that good?
not sure quite how good they are but i reckon they're better than hawthorn

I never bought into the hype a few weeks ago. They're a good side but like so many in the league not as good as the top 2.

Saints and Cats are way ahead of the pack even with their injury concerns.

3rd-6th

that probably sums it up Gavin, solid and dependable to the do the things we expect...not so sure about the 3rd - 6th, I think that a lot of teams will now question the resolve of the group.

As when they are in front, things are rosey..teams will begin to exploit that type of down-hill skiing..

It is silly to say that because they kicked inaccurately, they should have won by 10 goals today.

A real concern with the KPPs, after the start of the year expected Dawes and Anthony to be the key forwards.

Fraser, Cloke and Brown are too many ineffective talls to carry in one side imo. It would be like the Dees playing 3 Watts.

If Pies just had 3 more running players instead of those three the result would have probably been different. Take a leaf out of North's book, no KPP is better than a carbon rod, we have looked much better since Hale has gone out of the side.

they are pretty good now a top 6 side at worst. But building to be better i think, the players who perform most often for them are the younger guys which is a good sign

They missed didak today, and maxwell second half. Think today showed more about melbourne than collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is silly to say that because they kicked inaccurately, they should have won by 10 goals today.

A real concern with the KPPs, after the start of the year expected Dawes and Anthony to be the key forwards.

Fraser, Cloke and Brown are too many ineffective talls to carry in one side imo. It would be like the Dees playing 3 Watts.

If Pies just had 3 more running players instead of those three the result would have probably been different. Take a leaf out of North's book, no KPP is better than a carbon rod, we have looked much better since Hale has gone out of the side.
i saw our game against the Roos. they were disgraceful - don't want any leaf from that books thanks all the same

i saw our game against the Roos. they were disgraceful - don't want any leaf from that books thanks all the same

Enjoy contested for a flag with Cloke, Brown and Fraser. You will never win a flag if you go into the finals with those three in the side.

We are not playing anywhere near our best Footy, and we are at the right end of the ladder.

The second half of the year will show where every team is at, and Pies aren't special. I'd rather be in the position where we are in now than making up numbers. I'm sick of hearing people talk up the Pies, but I get a smile when we are written off completely.... particularly by Hawks supporters looking for a deflection from a toilet bowl splatter of a year

Exactly. Despite the OP opinion, Collingwood and Bulldogs are the next best then it's everyone else...including Hawthorn.

Not sure if anyone can touch the Cats IMO.

Freo is better than both Collingwood and the WB.

I love the constant Collingwood sook defence - oh we kicked badly.

heres a stat for the interested football fan.

In five games against the Saints and Geelong since the beginning of last season Collingwood have kicked

28:66

Just over 5 goals per game. All the points means they are mentally weak and fragile and crack in front of goals, probably all their shots are on acute angles because they attack from the wings at every opportunity.

They are average, but i really hope they make top four again, playing them in September for a good defensive team isn't too difficult.

How Can Colingwood be Considered Premiership Contenders?

Serious Question Considering Their struggles of late and inability to convert accurately on the scoreboard. Thy have failed to shake off Melbourne who have been their bunnies for the last few years afrter getting out of jail in round 2 to a forward error and today getting matched by a team who converted when neccesary and has a flood of raw young talent inn theirt side.

This is not the first time they have done this with poor kicking against Geelong and St Kilda as well.

Cracks are starting to appear and it is quitwe possible they may struggle against a resurgent Sydney up there next week who are on a high after their weekend's performance,.

What are your thought's?

3rd-6th

On the day they can beat anyone, no team would take the Pies lightly, not the Cats not the Saints. They will finsh top 4 and we will see from there. if you are in the mix you are always a chance.

By the way well done to the Dee's it looked like they were going to get done hardcore in the first.

Don't write them off yet, they are just feeling for the mid-season break.

They've had ANZAC Day, the fallout from that St Kilda game, a huge game against Carlton and that massive Friday night game against Geelong, and a trip to Perth in the first 11 weeks.

I can excuse them for having a down day, on a day Melbourne always come to play - their biggest day for the year.

The haters are out in force as usual but look a little deeper and I at least think there were reasons for them being a little off today. They'll be better for the break and are well placed to come home really strongly - last six games at the 'G for them yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back