Are Hawthorn 2008 the worst cup winning team ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest guys Hawthorn are the Brabury's of 08. It must sting, only scraping over the line due to the champions falling. Sure you go down in the record books as winning. To the mere casual observer, you're the 08 premiers. But to everyone that matters, anyone that has a shred of AFL knowledge the club is a joke, a disgrace and laughable as a premiership side. Sure you won, but to the rest of the AFL community you're a laughing stock. Hahahahhaha. I'm bloody embarrassed for the lot of you

hmmmm...sorry, ain't buying it.

Let's be honest guys Hawthorn are the Brabury's of 08. It must sting, only scraping over the line due to the champions falling. Sure you go down in the record books as winning. To the mere casual observer, you're the 08 premiers. But to everyone that matters, anyone that has a shred of AFL knowledge the club is a joke, a disgrace and laughable as a premiership side. Sure you won, but to the rest of the AFL community you're a laughing stock. Hahahahhaha. I'm bloody embarrassed for the lot of you

Only to mindless fools like yourself and you know what - we are only going to get better..... You were out muscled, out played, out coached and without Ablett and Selwood you would have lost by another 10 goals.

The only ones with egg on there face are the cocky Geelong fans - I sat next to 2 of them and they cried there eyes out watching your heartless side just turn up thinking they'd win.... You can call us what ever you want but History will show the Premiers were.... wait for it..... The MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS!!!!! (And I remember that in 07 - your premiership year you didn't actually beat Hawthorn? That must make you embarrassed, not beating every side but being given a trophy???)

Not sure if they're the worst team ever, but the President is definitely the uncoolest. Sure you're financially secure, successful and young - but you still gotta wince when that fkng stripey jacket gets a run.

Deep down I know you're going NO!!!, here's how I think a couple of Hawks fans might react...

"Oh no, he's put the jacket on again..."
"Why does he have to do that?"
"He looks like an Eastern Suburbs version of Joffa"
"Yeah, true"
"Hey, wanna go to the Geebung?"
"OK"
"Hey Toby?"
"Yeah Tristan?"
"Mate, the collar on your polo shirt has gone down"
"You serious?...sh!t, did anyone see me?"
"Don't think so, you're OK"
"Ha ha OWNED"
"What?..." <long silence>
"Hey I just realised something!"
"What?"
"No Geebung dude, we're in Tassie remember"

That was actually quite amusing.... And the spelling is good - you aren't really a Richmond supporter are you?

Only to mindless fools like yourself and you know what - we are only going to get better..... You were out muscled, out played, out coached and without Ablett and Selwood you would have lost by another 10 goals.

The only ones with egg on there face are the cocky Geelong fans - I sat next to 2 of them and they cried there eyes out watching your heartless side just turn up thinking they'd win.... You can call us what ever you want but History will show the Premiers were.... wait for it..... The MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS!!!!! (And I remember that in 07 - your premiership year you didn't actually beat Hawthorn? That must make you embarrassed, not beating every side but being given a trophy???)

I agree but add scarlett to ablett and selwood

Congrats to the Poorform Bradbury's, the 27/9/08 premiers. You know the real legends, the mighty cats, 1/1/08- 26/9/08 champs. And don't you know it!

Who wants some snot nosed kid in 30 years looking up Hawthorn as premiers in 08 and thinking 'wow, they must have been an OK side'. Noone, because snot nosed punks count for nothing. It's the AFL afficiandos that matter, and they all know Geelong were the greatest of all.

Congrats to the Poorform Bradbury's, the 27/9/08 premiers. You know the real legends, the mighty cats, 1/1/08- 26/9/08 champs. And don't you know it!

Who wants some snot nosed kid in 30 years looking up Hawthorn as premiers in 08 and thinking 'wow, they must have been an OK side'. Noone, because snot nosed punks count for nothing. It's the AFL afficiandos that matter, and they all know Geelong were the greatest of all.

Embarrassing post.

You're a great team, but you lost on the day. That makes Hawthorn's effort all the better. To beat a great team on the most important day of the AFL year does not diminish from their achievement.

It hurts to lose.
As a Tigers fan, I'm qualified to comment.

hawksflukele9.th.jpg

One more for you Sportman. To test if your ridiculous theory holds water in calling Hawthorn the Bradbury's, and how the real people will remember who is the greatest.... who were the skaters who fell allowing Bradbury to win???

DON'T LOOK IT UP!!!!! Yes, that's right - you don't know. We only remember the winner.

Go download photos from your 21st, and stop wasting our time. If you're not 21 yet, go plan it. I'll come. Cartman would love to get along as well.

Totally agree the greatest of all .........chokers!

Totally agree the greatest of all .........chokers!

you mean how u choked against north in that semi last year or how hodge chocked against us in round 17 or how u chocked agaist st kilda in round 16. or agaisnt richmond

u r the greatest team of chocking not us we only chocked once

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more for you Sportman. To test if your ridiculous theory holds water in calling Hawthorn the Bradbury's, and how the real people will remember who is the greatest.... who were the skaters who fell allowing Bradbury to win???

DON'T LOOK IT UP!!!!! Yes, that's right - you don't know. We only remember the winner.

Go download photos from your 21st, and stop wasting our time. If you're not 21 yet, go plan it. I'll come. Cartman would love to get along as well.

Don't know, but I'm not an iceskating aficionado. My opinion on it counts for jackshit. Go ask that same question on an iceskating forum. You'll find Bradbury is ridiculed while the other skaters are hailed as all time greats, and appropriately so.

Someoneplease call the RSPCA for Sportman 1987. Looks like he is having trouble coming to terms with his precious little pussies being skinned and gutted.

Hangon whilst I rebait another hook.... Hopefully the kid you speak of doesn't contain your genes as you seem inbred quite enough already....

we have won 4 of our last 5 against geelong and will just win another cup in 09 to shut you up - pretty sure Bradbury didn't win a second gold??? With any luck you guys might show up and make in a contest next year....

you mean how u choked against north in that semi last year or how hodge chocked against us in round 17 or how u chocked agaist st kilda in round 16. or agaisnt richmond

1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2006 (Swans Semi), 2008 - Nup, no chokers out Geelong way......

Don't know, but I'm not an iceskating aficionado. My opinion on it counts for jackshit. Go ask that same question on an iceskating forum. You'll find Bradbury is ridiculed while the other skaters are hailed as all time greats, and appropriately so.

As much as I love Big Footy, I'm off to try an find an ice-skating forum!!!! This ought to be good.

Hangon whilst I rebait another hook.... Hopefully the kid you speak of doesn't contain your genes as you seem inbred quite enough already....

we have won 4 of our last 5 against geelong and will just win another cup in 09 to shut you up - pretty sure Bradbury didn't win a second gold??? With any luck you guys might show up and make in a contest next year....

Don't go early! I can think of another team that thought victory was assured recently only to end up on Big Footy all bitter and twisted...

So Hawks are 2008 Premiers and are the greatest team of chokers, figure! Enjoy your 1 premiership in the last 50 years. Cats could very easily go down as one year wonders oh my after only losing twice in 40 odd games. Just one more thing pretty confident to say that Hodge redeemed himself for Round 17 the other day.

Don't go early! I can think of another team that thought victory was assured recently only to end up on Big Footy all bitter and twisted...

Good point...... I actually think next year will be a cracker with about 10 sides being a real chance including your Tigers.... I hope so, wouldn't want Geelong to win 24 games straight to choke again....

So Hawks are 2008 Premiers and are the greatest team of chokers, figure! Enjoy your 1 premiership in the last 50 years. Cats could very easily go down as one year wonders oh my after only losing twice in 40 odd games. Just one more thing pretty confident to say that Hodge redeemed himself for Round 17 the other day.

I believe they gave him a medal - Ablett must have fallen over or something??? (Probably staging for another free kick)

I believe they gave him a medal - Ablett must have fallen over or something??? (Probably staging for another free kick)

Did you see when Ablett copped a hit and dropped like a girl remaining motionless. Then as soon as he got the free he quickly sprung up onto his feet. Would definately get a gig in the Italian soccer team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Hawthorn 2008 the worst cup winning team ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back