Are MCC Members Happy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne are on there last warning here. I am happy for the donation this time around. It gives the new management time to prove themselves to the mcc, the afl and the general public that they can run a successful buisness. If they fail then I think we can all be fairly confident that Melbourne would either fold or be forced to relocate.

If MCC members aren't happy with how Stephen Gough and his board choose to distribute funds to its historical partner the MFC then they can simply revoke there membership. Would be great if you did, myself and the other 100,000 waiting members will be able to give some more cash to the Dees sooner than expected!

With the donation of $1 Million towards the MFC?
MCC Member here & my opinion is that it's a waste of $1 Million dollars given it's going to a club that is financially incompetent.

Very happy, thank you. The MCC wouldn't exist in it's current form without the contribution that the MFC gave to it over the last century.

The MFC went a long way to making the MCC a viable business and ensuring it wasn't just relying on cricket income, now it's time for the MCC to pay the club back.

Melbourne are on there last warning here. I am happy for the donation this time around. It gives the new management time to prove themselves to the mcc, the afl and the general public that they can run a successful buisness. If they fail then I think we can all be fairly confident that Melbourne would either fold or be forced to relocate.

Stynes has often said that we're on our last chance, stuff this up and we're as good as dead.

Would be great if you did, myself and the other 100,000 waiting members will be able to give some more cash to the Dees sooner than expected!
What's stopping you give them extra money now? :confused:

MCC members should not be making up the short fall in Melbourne's budget because they an incompetent board and can't find a sponsor. I can't think of another ground manager who would do that for one of their tenants who was struggling financially.

Melbourne are just another tenant and shouldn't be ripping off MCC members.

The MCC giving Melbourne $1 million isn't sustainable and just postponing the inevitable if they don't get their act together on and off the field. Decades of your board and club sitting on their hands and not finding their own identity has come home to roost.

"We deserve to be in the AFL because we're called Melbourne, yet we don't represent any area."

:rolleyes:

Since your supporters voted for merging with Hawthorn, maybe you should merge with the Gold Coast or West Sydney so you can still have a Melbourne Football Club in the AFL.

I'd love to know how the MCC will make this money up when the Demons aren't big drawcards.

QUOTE]

Ha cause I've only just turned 20 and paying rent and the like unfortunately take a priority on donating all my money to the MFC :p. In regards to your post.

How is the current MFC board incompetent? What would you have had done differently if you had inherited such a shambles of a club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have no idea^^^^

The MCC has given money to the MFC every year since they split... they are not just another tenant of a stadium rather share the history of the ground.

For the last 3 (contracted although it maybe 4) years the MCC has given .5 mil to the MFC... The request was that this was increased to 1Mil with the extra costs etc etc.

This is why the MFC gets more homes games at the MCG than Hawthorn and Richmond etc because it is not seen as "just another tenant"

MCC members should not be making up the short fall in Melbourne's budget because they an incompetent board and can't find a sponsor. I can't think of another ground manager who would do that for one of their tenants who was struggling financially.

Melbourne are just another tenant and shouldn't be ripping off MCC members.

The MCC giving Melbourne $1 million isn't sustainable and just postponing the inevitable if they don't get their act together on and off the field. Decades of your board and club sitting on their hands and not finding their own identity has come home to roost.

"We deserve to be in the AFL because we're called Melbourne, yet we don't represent any area."

:rolleyes:

Since your supporters voted for merging with Hawthorn, maybe you should merge with the Gold Coast or West Sydney so you can still have a Melbourne Football Club in the AFL.

I'd love to know how the MCC will make this money up when the Demons aren't big drawcards.
Don't get me started on that. There were thousands of supporters locked out of the Dallas Brooks Hall who didn't vote. If every supporter had been allowed to vote, the decision would have been an emphatic no.

Don't get me started on that. There were thousands of supporters locked out of the Dallas Brooks Hall who didn't vote. If every supporter had been allowed to vote, the decision would have been an emphatic no.

Not to mention that they were voting to become the Melbourne Hawks, not the Hawthorn Demons.
If it were the other way around, I wouldn't be surprised if the results were reversed.

im a mcc member and to be honest why dosnt every club that has the mcg as there home ground get 1 million dollars.

oh thats right because they're are not asking for it. melbourne asks because it does not have enough members to survive on it's own.

once the afl and the mcc stop giving melbourne handouts they will no longer survive and be forced to relocate.

im a mcc member and to be honest why dosnt every club that has the mcg as there home ground get 1 million dollars

Well they couldn't give any more money to Collingwood because they'd probably just make more interesting pub investments or buy a new cheersquad.

oh thats right because they're are not asking for it. melbourne asks because it does not have enough members to survive on it's own.
Yeah because Collingwoods 15,000 or so more guarantees it survival, nothing to do with the fact it "asks" for money from Lexus, Emirates etc. Not to mention the handsome fixture it negotiated with the MCC and AFL. 18 games minimum in Victoria.

once the afl and the mcc stop giving melbourne handouts they will no longer survive and be forced to relocate.
Once the AFL, mcc and sponsors stop giving handouts to Collingwood they will die and be forced to relocate.

Frankly, I think it's a load of crap, and if my subscription goes up next year because of the MCC deciding to assist the MFC to the tune of $1m without consulting their voting members, I sincerely hope that heads will roll.

I'm not against supporting the MFC in some capacity, but to go and throw $1m at them without putting it to a vote is disgraceful.

Frankly, I think it's a load of crap, and if my subscription goes up next year because of the MCC deciding to assist the MFC to the tune of $1m without consulting their voting members, I sincerely hope that heads will roll.

I'm not against supporting the MFC in some capacity, but to go and throw $1m at them without putting it to a vote is disgraceful.
you'd really care that much about $10?

that's provided that the MFC aren't going to be paying any of the money in the future

My dad doesn't like the idea of actually helping MFC, but he won't give up his membership because of it.

Wouldn't you just vote the current board out if you don't like the way they're running things?

I presume the MCC is like any other member based organisation. If you don't like the decisions being made you don't drop your membership, you just vote them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are MCC Members Happy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back