Are MCC Members Happy?

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to be telling everyone if they don't like the handout they can get stuffed, my question to you would be what if the 79% of the MCC members that don't barrack for Melbourne got a board in there that refused to give the Dees a cent, wouldn't that be the same arguement, the majority ruling and if the Dees MCC members don't like it they don't have to renue their membership.

You seem to contradict yourself as well, saying that the Dees draw is unfair and draws should be fair for all clubs yet you say because the MFC helped build the MCC (which I reckon you have the wrong way round), they should get more games at the MCG than Richmond/Hawthorn/Collingwood, doesn't that constitute an unfair draw.

No one can really answer the question of why the MCC should give the MFC any money other than the MFC were a big part in making the MCC what it is today so in some kind of skewed logic you say that you are owed the money and it's pay back time. By that same logic, should the AFL each year give money to the original VFL clubs because they were a big part in making the AFL what it is today and they are owed the money and it's pay back time.

As for the other arguement I heard about that no-one should care if their membership goes up by $10 to help the MFC. Would you be happy for your membership to go up by $10 next year because the MCC chose to give $1 million to Collingwood because of the loss they made on their hotels?

1. If the 79% get on the committee and don't give Melbourne a cent then I can't argue with that but I'm not going to say I will not renew etc... The issue is that the MFC has been given money from the MCC since the split as the MFC was no an independant club until the 80's only the football arm of the MCC... No one has jumped on here in the last three years saying Melbourne shouldn't get the half a mil but it jumps to 1 mil and gets some media and everyone has a crack at the club...

2. In answer to your question no melbourne getting more games at the G doesn't make the draw unfairir.... it not even about the venue but the time slots and days you play and FTA... It is twice as hard to sell corporate tickets on Sundays than Saturday people just look at the crowd numbers but at $150 a head doubling your corporate support makes the club a lot more money... All the clubs mentioned moved to the MCG and are tenants so are Melbourne but their links to the grounds is stronger than all others, the club still refuses to have its own room in the southern stand as it wants to run out in front of its members funny enough the MCC

3. Its not that we are owed anything. The MCC and MFC was one until the 80s and is still considered by many to have a strong relationship. The MCC has given money to the club since the split as it was probably agreed to back then during the split. The MCC raising the amount to 1 Mil instead of .5 mil is because costs are rising. If the MFC made a profit of 3 mil this year they would still be getting money from the MCC in years to come...

4. The money probably doesn't even come from the subs and they are not handing the club 1 mil in cash... the package includes cheap rent for office space among other things. If the MCC said Collingwood here is 1 mil then thats fine with me thats their decision do you think I'm going to give up my membership and its benefits because of a ruling that really doesn't affect me... hell no

The MCC funding represents less than 2% of membership revenue or 10% of revenue from Demon supporters.

Perhaps these demon supporters should be charged a 10% Demon levy on their subscriptions to cover it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are MCC Members Happy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back