Remove this Banner Ad

ARDENSTREETforever

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2003
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are we a flag chance?
I remember in 2004 that Dr Allen Aylett had the 5 year plan in place (2002-2006) and that by end of 2006, North will have played in a GF.
The development is coming along nicely, and with these pick-ups Laidley is obviously keen about short term success rather than the bigger picture.

Hale will be bigger, McIntosh will play a role, Sav, Thommo, Browny, Jade will all be key forwards, and these will stretch any defence.

if we are to make top 4 in 2006, which is what we should be aiming for, we need to through the current game plan in the tip, and start afresh.... simple plan.... ball out of backline, RUN! kick up the CENTRE FFS, then handball to running players who then hit a target inside 50, if the ball spills we have Boomer, Grant, Harding and Wells as crummers.

I cant wait until March.

Well you never say never but i doubt we are a threat for the flag for next year.
I would be absolutely rapt if we made top4.

No, there was daylight between us and the top four this year, and eighth as a matter of fact. Grand Final maybe 2-3 years away if we're lucky. A lot depends upon whether our youngsters come good or not.

I don't think we will win it next year. For 90% of games this year we played hard footy for less than a quarter. That doesn't win you premierships. I don't think we can improve that much to make a GF. However, I am excited about next year and the possibilities with good youngsters coming along and a few new backmen. Will be good to watch. I expect 2007 to be the year ;)

if we were in the ballpark this year??? we have only improved our list since a week ago... a first round pick and Motlop (did not play in 2005) for Hay... Rawlings and McConnell... this has to be better then last year... just depends on as usual injuries and a hell of a lot of luck... talk to any reasonable swans fan and they will agree... :D :D

sorry guys, but nah ya's aren't. I'd be more insightful but I couldn't really be stuffed. I bet you knew a post such as this from an opposition supporter was coming.

jmain14 said:
sorry guys, but nah ya's aren't. I'd be more insightful but I couldn't really be stuffed. I bet you knew a post such as this from an opposition supporter was coming.

Why would you bother?

Year after year were going to finish down the bottom. People just don’t get sick of being wrong.

BTW, I would be aiming to just make the finals again and then go from there. We were very luck this year. However we did show glimpses of our capabilities - and it was damn juicy I tell you.

Stable backline. (Hay. Brown. Makepeace. Firrito.)

Dangerous tall forwards. (Thompson. Rocca. Brown? Hale.)

Goal kicking midfielders. (Grant. Harvey. Jones.)

Inside ball winning midfielders (Harris. Firrito. Grima.)

If Hale continues to develop in the ruck. Yes.

Of course we are...

Would anyone other than the staunchest of Swans supporters have believed that they were more of a chance this year than say, the Weagles, Saints, Cats, Port, Adelaide? No way!!!

Ask blokes like Glenn Archer if he believes we're "a chance" for next year's flag. In '05 we had very obvious deficiencies in defence. We appear to have at least boosted our stocks in the relevant areas.

The 'aints will be tough to beat but, as per usual, with a bit of luck........we have a legitimate claim to be top 6 again at the very least. From there, who knows?

Bring it on!

T'toes

Fire said:
Why would you bother?
basically I am endeavouring to have more posts than bradrowe32, hence my last 50 or so posts haven't been very long and have pretty much been garbage. but yeah, I still don't think ya's are a flag chance in '06.

A lot of things would have to go our way injuries,the draw,players playing to there best of their ability,no suspensions and playing 4 bloody quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jmain14 said:
May I ask what would you know about premierships junior?

If the question was 'When will we play in our next losing Grand Final?' then your opinion would be valid.

But its not. So Buzzoff Buzzkill.

Hodge > Stanton said:
I doubt how much intelligent input can be expected from someone with such a nickname, but we value your opinion never the less.

BTW, Wells > Bateman :D

Nobody rated Adelaide last year and they came close. Perhaps a Roo suspension away from a premiership.

It all depends on how much how second and third tier players improve. If guys Harro, Wells, Watt etc take on more responsibility and guys like Trotter, JWS, Pez, H etc can make a contribution, we'll be as good a chance as any.

I think with that draw we got handed, winning only 7 or 8 games is a chance for us next season... once again midroad, and once again little draft picks i would say..

This cant be answered until we see how much of an influence our new players have on the team (Hay, McConnell, Possibly Rawlings) and also after we see the pre-seasons put in by Hale, CH. jONES, Wells, JWS, Trotter, Urch etc. We are yet to find out whether these younger players have the ability to stand up. Maybe with the exceptiion of Wells but he can do so much better.

ThommoRoo23 said:
Are we a flag chance?
I remember in 2004 that Dr Allen Aylett had the 5 year plan in place (2002-2006) and that by end of 2006, North will have played in a GF.

Everything would have to go right for us to make a Grand Final in 2006.

If we're going to win a Premiership, we're going to need a few finals campaigns under our belt.

Shinboners said:
Everything would have to go right for us to make a Grand Final in 2006.

If we're going to win a Premiership, we're going to need a few finals campaigns under our belt.

ditto. Consider North stayed in the 8 for most the last two seasons. We just have to land a top 4 spot next season. It is very likely with Arch having ONE LAST CRACK and if his teammates have any respect, they too will give it thier all. Sav will need to kick much better. This season was dipping in accuracy.

I dont think taht we are a flag chance, we are a much worse team than St Kilda, WCE and Syndye, BUT i think we can and will beat Adeliade this year... Possibility of top 4.. no flag chance though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we a flag chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back