Roast Are We The Dumbest Team in the League? The Evidence Says... YES!

Thursday night's team selection will be:

• 100% best team available!

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • We're send players off for surgery, resting sore players, exposing some kids!

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How about "the couple of guys playing injured will go in for surgery so they are cherry ripe to start pre season training. This will give opportunity to some of our younger guys on our list".

Its not that hard but no the AFC are too stupid and to pig headed to do this.
Yes because that decision is up to Sloane :rolleyes: And I'm pretty sure Sloane said this when the team arrived at Adelaide Airport yesterday so I doubt the coaches had even spoken about it yet, leave your ridiculous melts til Thursday.

As a commercial operation winning is better than not winning

Keeps all stakeholders happy. That’s their position

Yes because that decision is up to Sloane :rolleyes: And I'm pretty sure Sloane said this when the team arrived at Adelaide Airport yesterday so I doubt the coaches had even spoken about it yet, leave your ridiculous melts til Thursday.

Sloane is not allowed to say anything else.

Also, we're not allowed to actively tank. We have to hide it by "resting" sore blokes and having "season ending surgery, required immediately" and putting kids into the team.

Oh, i agree. He can't say anything else.

I've put a poll in now - hands up, who believes we'll send people off for surgery, rest niggles, try younger players?

"“There are a few things I reckon we need to do, but mainly work harder and tuck into a really solid pre-season,’’ he said."

So have we not been working hard enough?

I am not sure that working harder is the answer.....I am not sure that there is capacity to work harder....
No, the answer is to work SMARTER.

What makes you think they need surgery?

There are a number of players for every club who have end of season surgery each year.

With the number of injuries we have had this year you expect us to not have one clean up operation in the off season?

I see where you are coming from now, we will wait until February and then get them in for surgery as the rest and recuperation routine failed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"“There are a few things I reckon we need to do, but mainly work harder and tuck into a really solid pre-season,’’ he said."

So have we not been working hard enough?

I am not sure that working harder is the answer.....I am not sure that there is capacity to work harder....

No, the answer is to work SMARTER.

Of all the "answers" that may or may not be out there, Priority 1 is to recruit (either by Trade, or Draft, or both) some Mids with absolutely blistering pace that can win their own ball, if required. They do not need to be inside contested beasts, but they must have some remote level of body-on-body inside work. But above all else, absolute blistering pace. And we need more than one of them.

The other issue is that we need to seriously change up our Centre Square Mix. Sticking with the same mix of MCrouch/CEY/Greenwood/Gibbs....this has got to bl00dy change. They can all be rotated through the Centre Square, but not all at the same time. We have got to have a mix of coal-face grunt work and electrifying speed in the Centre Square. Not just all one and none of the other, which is currently our undoing. MCrouch/CEY/Greenwood/Gibbs....they all need to have secondary roles around the paddock, other than just Centre Square Mids and nothing but.

Shame you missed my last sentence that laid the blame squarely on the AFC not Sloane.

The question was what else could Sloane say, I put what I wanted Sloane to say - I didnt say it was his decison.

Sloane vowed Adelaide would play its best available team in the final two rounds, rather than experiement with some kids, and fight the season out. "The season's not done for us at all," he said.

from this morning's Advertiser

Discuss.
Publicly they've got to say that sort of stuff imo, coz sponsors, attendances etc.
Players should have that attitude, I'd be more worried if they didn't.
The club and selection panel on the other hand have other considerations, and Sloane isn't part of that decision making process.
Having said that, I'd expect us to put out our mostly best team this week.
If it was me in charge I'd drop/rest Tex/Jacobs/Mackay/Talia (even if fit)/CEY as a minimum. They might do 2-3 of those

I pay my money to see this football club win. I pay my money for the connection with the crowd as the game plays out. I pay my money for the enjoyment of watching us win.

I don't pay money to experiment so players not good enough can get a taste at the expense of losing

However if there is players carrying collision injury's there is no point risking further injury now our season is shot

My changes:
Out - Betts (rested), Tex (suspension), Sloane (foot), Smith (managed), Jacobs (back), Douglas (managed), Ellis-Yolmen (dropped)

In - Fogarty, Himmelberg, Edwards, Hunter, Signorello, Wilson, Davis

Throw all the magnets up to the air and see where they land

I pay my money to see this football club win. I pay my money for the connection with the crowd as the game plays out. I pay my money for the enjoyment of watching us win.

I don't pay money to experiment so players not good enough can get a taste at the expense of losing

However if there is players carrying collision injury's there is no point risking further injury now our season is shot
I pay my money to see us win premierships. While this hasn't proven to be a sound investment of late, I'd like to know that we are doing everything we can to make it pay off next year

True this. They won't need surgery until March
Apart from the odd one who won't need surgery in January, or March, or June, except then also in June we'll reassess and decide that yeah, surgery in June is actually required. But only since we last assessed it. Not before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Are We The Dumbest Team in the League? The Evidence Says... YES!

Back