Are you a supporter of Sheedy or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

stander said:
This would allow both parties to part amicably and we could then install O'Donnell or Longmire as a new coach, just like we did for 1981, after they sacked B.Davis after 3 years.

How is it "just like 1981" ????

Did Davis win 4 flags over 25 years before being sacked?

I don't remember that. Maybe my memory is messy.

I'm definitely a Sheedy supporter. I don't always agree with some of his on-field decisions, but that has always been the way with Sheeds. I totally trust and respect him though, and despite what some of the goons around here seem to believe, he knows more about the game than any of us.

stander said:
Sheedy's agenda is plain to see- break McHales record. The guy has a big ego and has been there too long. He is not a standout coach anymore, and should have no trouble finding a coaching position at another club next year ( maybe ). This would allow both parties to part amicably and we could then install O'Donnell or Longmire as a new coach, just like we did for 1981, after they sacked B.Davis after 3 years. Time to take up more gardening Sheeds.
"The time has come" the Walrus said and at the end of 2007 the Don's should farewell their great chief in style. A perfect time to bring in a new man so he can rebuild our side the way he wants it to be.
Sheedy has been great for us (and Essendon has been great for him), but the belief we can't survive without him is nonsense. This club is more than 130 years old and he has had a good innings.
Stop using emotional blackmail (he said recently that Richmond was no good after Hafey left, St Kilda no good after Jeans left, the inference being that Essendon wouldn't survive without him at the helm) no-one is irreplaceable - not even you,Sheeds.
IF the EFC Board has the b---s to make the tough decision, go with a good grace Kevin, you owe us and our club that much at least.

mantis said:
Well said, I don't want the Bombers to become one of those clubs that sacks it's coaches at the drop of a hat.:thumbsu:
:D Drop of a hat ? I'd hardly call changing coaches after 26 years at the one club changing things on a whim !

Stargazer said:
"The time has come" the Walrus said and at the end of 2007 the Don's should farewell their great chief in style. A perfect time to bring in a new man so he can rebuild our side the way he wants it to be.
Sheedy has been great for us (and Essendon has been great for him), but the belief we can't survive without him is nonsense. This club is more than 130 years old and he has had a good innings.
Stop using emotional blackmail (he said recently that Richmond was no good after Hafey left, St Kilda no good after Jeans left, the inference being that Essendon wouldn't survive without him at the helm) no-one is irreplaceable - not even you,Sheeds.
IF the EFC Board has the b---s to make the tough decision, go with a good grace Kevin, you owe us and our club that much at least.
You're a bloody idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you a supporter of Sheedy or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back