Teams Arizona Cardinals - The Buzzsaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Arizona Cardinals

It would be awesome if we had NFL championship games like....

NFC: Detroit -v- Lions
AFC: Browns -v- Bengals/Jets/Texans

The superbowl would be out of this world....Cardinals -v- Browns, Lions -v- Texans.
Detroit vs the Lions ey?

And no it wouldn't gg... NO it would not :p

hey Your_Not Me!, how's that ol' Jake Plummer guernsey going??

I still doing the rounds, as it is only a cheap "replica", is has nothing on my playing weight Caps and Sabres NHL jerseys, it is a bit faded and occassionally used for bedroom duties... :)

That was obviously a typo. d'oh!
Was trying to say, Cardinals v Lions.

But classic JD reply.

Anyway, why wouldn't it be great to watch? Imagine the Lions/Cardinals/Texans/Browns roaring thru the playoffs, destroying a now-weak Patriots/Colts/Cowboys/Chargers type teams.

Sick of them all already. Time for the n'e'r-do-wells to do well.

Raining steel blue and gray ticker tape, Jon Kitna thrusting the Lombardi aloft in triumph. Furrey collecting an MVP or pulling off Tyree-like heroics. Maybe Orlovsky marching the team downfield in a 2 min hurry up offense for the game winning TD. Maybe Calvin Johnson or Roy Williams running rampant all game, scoring 4 TDs together as they destroy a hapless Patriots or Colts. Maybe Kevin Smith breaking the superbowl longest rushing TD. A sudden surge of Lions blow-ins and faux supporters. Lions jerseys everywhere on the streets of Australia. Leigh Bodden dancing and taunting the opposition on his way to his second Intercept TD. Detroit Arrogance becomes a new thing to hate as the Lions dominate season after season. Danielz jumping on their bandwagon and declaring how he's always been a secret Lions admirer. A Lions three-peat. A deluge of steel blue and gray ticker tape on the world.

Aboard the train Wiz????

More like engine driver, conductor and guard all in one.:D

Dont you start Brasher, any wise comments from you may bite you right on the ass in a few weeks time. :D

Dont you start Brasher, any wise comments from you may bite you right on the ass in a few weeks time. :D

Word out of training camp is JT O'Sullivan will be our opening day starter....consider it bitten!

Word out of training camp is JT O'Sullivan will be our opening day starter....consider it bitten!

Thats really stupid IMO. Surely the guy they used a #1 pick on is worth giving a decent chance.

Thats really stupid IMO. Surely the guy they used a #1 pick on is worth giving a decent chance.

Yeah not sure what is going on here....

On one side of the coin O'Sullivan knows Martz offense (which apparently has a huge learning curve attached for any QB), Nolan has to win now or he is out (may not last the bye week), Smith, as a number one overall pick just has not shown enough to seperate himself from the pack and he is also due a huge roster bonus this year (so could be cut at season's end).

On the other, Smith is the most talented QB on the roster, he is now playing for his 4th offensive coodinator in 4 years so they may want to ease him in, he showed progress in year two before getting injured and the 49er have a lot of coin invested in him.

Given how the other facets of the 49ers team are shaping up we are one Warner, Bulger or Kitna cinderella story away from winning the division - unfortunately I just don't see it happening.

Yeah not sure what is going on here....

On one side of the coin O'Sullivan knows Martz offense (which apparently has a huge learning curve attached for any QB), Nolan has to win now or he is out (may not last the bye week), Smith, as a number one overall pick just has not shown enough to seperate himself from the pack and he is also due a huge roster bonus this year (so could be cut at season's end).

On the other, Smith is the most talented QB on the roster, he is now playing for his 4th offensive coodinator in 4 years so they may want to ease him in, he showed progress in year two before getting injured and the 49er have a lot of coin invested in him.

Given how the other facets of the 49ers team are shaping up we are one Warner, Bulger or Kitna cinderella story away from winning the division - unfortunately I just don't see it happening.

Do you have anyone worth a shit to throw the ball to though mate. Surely you dont rate BJ as a decent WR option and Davis cant do it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a Cards supporter I'd be pretty confident going into the season.

The Rams and 49ers are a mess. If they can't pull 4 wins there then the Cards may as well give up now.
Rams are decent enough if they stay healthy...

Though Bulger's form is worrying...

Can see em getting 5-6 wins :thumbsu:

9ers just suck though... And it all comes from the line first and foremost...

Do you have anyone worth a shit to throw the ball to though mate. Surely you dont rate BJ as a decent WR option and Davis cant do it all.

How come you don't rate Johnson Wiz? 13 yd career average, averaged 18 yds just 2 seasons back. Pretty tough for a No 3 at the Cards last few seasons.

Isaac Bruce had 55 catches 13 yd average in one of the most woeful offenses ever last season.

If Martz can make McDonald and Furey look good, then I think he could do well with these guys. Also has a better RB.

Only problem is if they're serious about going with JT. I'd be staggered if they do. Even Hill did enough last season to play ahead of him. But as others have said, surely you go with Smith.

Re: Disgusted Boldin says he won't re-sign with Cards

every now and then i wonder why the Cards remain the butt of jokes. crap like this reminds me why that is.

TBH Zarko, I can't see the Rams winning too many games and I'd be surprised if even the 49ers can't toll them.

I wouldn't worry too much about Bulger, he can play if he has the supporting cast. Their line though is dinged up, they can't get Holt healthy, their best player has been AWOL all preseason, their other receivers have trouble holding catches . . . Drew Bennett as a no 2 WR? :eek: . . . I could go on. :)

Then look at their D. Long will be good but he'll struggle to have an impact this year. Some talent on D, but overall a D that wouldn't be the fear of god into anyone. Look who's pulling the strings there and their D record . . . ummmm

Sorry Zarko, can't agree, the Rams are crap.

Having well and truely thread-jacked here, the optimistic 49er Receiver view is......

- Isaac Bruce knows Martz offense and will be no worse then last year
- BJ is in a contract year and is playing for a big payday
- Battle will line up where he always should have been - in the slot
- Lelie could be intriging as a home run threat
- Hill and Morgan are finding their feet with Morgan absolutely lighting it up in preseason.
- Davis is a deep threat wide receiver in a TE's body.
- Gore will be targeted more out of the backfield

Now the reality......

- Isaac Bruce will be double teamed with no Holt type on the other side
- BJ is making himself more familiar with the physio's treatment table then Martz' playbook at the moment
- Battle, well, Battle is Battle.
- Lelie is sharing time with BJ at the physio's table
- Hill and Morgan, well they are a first year and rookie respectively, no Moss here I'm afraid
- Davis couldn't run a precise route if you painted it on the gound for him.
- Gore is going to get his head taken off trying to catch one of those fluttering duck passes that JTO throws in the flat (see last preseason game against Packers for evidence).

The 49ers lines will be fine this year but who they are going to block for is another thing altogether.

Personnel wise, their defense is in the top half of the league, top ten RB, a bit of a smorgasbord at WR, physical speciman at TE, young, gelling offensive line, we just need the 2008 version of Kurt Warner.

I wouldn't be too worried about JT Brasher. I must be one of the few people on the planet that's not surprised he might get the start for the 49ers.

The biggest problem I see with Martz is that the 49ers need to be patient on offense and not put the D in bad situations. If they can be patient, I'd be confident of the D putting you in situations where the O can win you games.

Keen to see how he goes against the Bears tomorrow. He makes some good plays but then inserts a couple of bone head decisions at the worst possible time (see intercept to Woodson last week and the lateral to Foster the week before).

That's to be expected with any new starter.

But it also gets to my point about the O being patient.

Martz calls to many low % plays IMO. Always has. He's a defensive co-ordinators worst nightmare (and I'm talking about the one on his sideline)

JT had some rotten luck early on - I mean, getting injured and then cut because a mascot ran you over? You can't buy luck like that.

TBH, I'd love to see him get the chance to start. There's worse qb's than him getting a start in the NFL.

That's to be expected with any new starter.

But it also gets to my point about the O being patient.

Martz calls to many low % plays IMO. Always has. He's a defensive co-ordinators worst nightmare (and I'm talking about the one on his sideline)

JT had some rotten luck early on - I mean, getting injured and then cut because a mascot ran you over? You can't buy luck like that.

TBH, I'd love to see him get the chance to start. There's worse qb's than him getting a start in the NFL.

I hope your right, if he plays at least at better then average the 49ers will be a far better team then most predict.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Arizona Cardinals - The Buzzsaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back