As at Thurs night we have picks 42, 55 & Fraser compo, 59-Should get Taz with 1 of those

Remove this Banner Ad

How can pick 43 be off the table? Tarrant is a quality defender. Now I don't think we need him personally, I think it was a silly decision to chase him in the first place, but we're committed now, Freo have done the right thing by us by only dealing with us, now it's time to do the right thing by them. Refusing to trade 43 for Tarrant is just ludicrous, almost Carlton level of delusion.

How can pick 43 be off the table? Tarrant is a quality defender. Now I don't think we need him personally, I think it was a silly decision to chase him in the first place, but we're committed now, Freo have done the right thing by us by only dealing with us, now it's time to do the right thing by them. Refusing to trade 43 for Tarrant is just ludicrous, almost Carlton level of delusion.

What are you on about (Bold) Zahki? :confused:

They have no choice, if he won't go anywhere else (has to agree to a trade) they either talk to collingwood or he walks into the PSD.

wbMARKStaz2.jpg

Looks like we've offered pick 55.

They want pick 43.

The deal will get done when it's that close. This isn't like the Luke Ball drama because Lyon didn't want Bally coming to us and thought he could talk him around.

Taz is leaving Freo, FACT!.

Just give them 43. A player taken at 43 couldn't be that much better then one taken at 55, at this point in time. I'd back Hine and our development guys to do the job anyway.

Last year we would have taken Ben Sinclair at pick 30, alledgedly and still got him at 63.

Let's not get silly about this.

Well Tarrant has given them no choice in the end, but they were very amicable early in the week, saying that they respected Tarrants wishes and would try their best to get him here. Lets face it Carlton and Hawthorn would've offered a lot more than we have, so it is a sign of good will that they really havn't been in talks with either of them, regardless of Tarrants threats.

Splitting hairs about pick 43 and 55 is just silly. Tarrant is worth more than 43, blind freddy can see that, just take the deal and don't look back.

Mind you if there is more to it than reports and it's not just pick 43 then whatever.

I dont like our attitude atm. They are offering us Tazz for Pick 42. Do the deal FFS, this bloke has a good record on all the power forwards in the comp including Franklin who has kicked 5 goals + last 4 times we have played them. If we dont get him due to not offering pick 42, I will be very pissed off.

Well Tarrant has given them no choice in the end, but they were very amicable early in the week, saying that they respected Tarrants wishes and would try their best to get him here. Lets face it Carlton and Hawthorn would've offered a lot more than we have, so it is a sign of good will that they really havn't been in talks with either of them, regardless of Tarrants threats.

Splitting hairs about pick 43 and 55 is just silly. Tarrant is worth more than 43, blind freddy can see that, just take the deal and don't look back.

Mind you if there is more to it than reports and it's not just pick 43 then whatever.

I don't think alot more Z especially Hawthorn. I'd think both would trade their 2nd rounder 36/37ish, therefore he wont get to our pick 43 in the ND.

If he does go to the ND, I think carlton will get him 1st. They are desperate and actually think they can win a flag with their current list. LOL

Freo have done the right thing by Collingwood by not being difficult, a pick in the 40s for Tarrant is an absolute steal when you consider teams like the Hawks would probably part with their 1st rounder for him, I understand we don't need a top 5 shutdown defender in our team as badly as the Hawks but come on!

@ Above: Hawks would have parted with a first considering what they gave up for Hale, Hawks are 1 KP defender away from top 4 and Tarrant is one of the best in the buisness.

Honestly, if you know you can get away with Pick 55...then why give up 43? FFS I can't believe that Freo said no to JA and yes to pick 43...

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES BAY PIE...I had no idea that Freo would rate pick 43 in a draft where the best 17 year olds were taken the year before by GC BETTER then JA...I would be livid if I was a Freo supporter, thank god I go for the mighty Pies...

We just have to back our team and understand that they will do the best they can for the club...Pick 43 or Pick 55 may not seem significant for us, but it may for Hine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont like our attitude atm. They are offering us Tazz for Pick 42. Do the deal FFS, this bloke has a good record on all the power forwards in the comp including Franklin who has kicked 5 goals + last 4 times we have played them. If we dont get him due to not offering pick 42, I will be very pissed off.

Agree give them Blight too if they want, ffs Freo is getting bent over, don't be assholes, we are better than that.

Time to shake hands and do the right thing so both clubs walk away willing to shake hands again.

One day the shoe will be on the other foot..

Agree give them Blight too if they want, ffs Freo is getting bent over, don't be assholes, we are better than that.

Time to shake hands and do the right thing so both clubs walk away willing to shake hands again.

One day the shoe will be on the other foot..

Agree. Freo are a great club to deal with. Gave us Medders and Reid for Tarrant, and now a better Tarrant back for next to nothing.

Also gave Hawthorn Hodge and Mitchell for Croad, and then Croad back for next to nothing. Basically gave them a premiership.

Keep Freo on side!

Freo disrespected us by demanding a Premiership player for Taz...now they can take 55 for him or go the St Kilda route and get nothing for him. End of.

Honestly, if you know you can get away with Pick 55...then why give up 43? FFS I can't believe that Freo said no to JA and yes to pick 43...

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES BAY PIE...I had no idea that Freo would rate pick 43 in a draft where the best 17 year olds were taken the year before by GC BETTER then JA...I would be livid if I was a Freo supporter, thank god I go for the mighty Pies...

We just have to back our team and understand that they will do the best they can for the club...Pick 43 or Pick 55 may not seem significant for us, but it may for Hine

All's good. Side-by-side.

Unless the Scum get involved, it seems we are getting Taz for nothing.

Congratulations to Freo for playing hardball, I hope pick 55 turns out to be a champion 200 game player for the Collingwood Football Club.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=103977

IT IS increasingly likely Fremantle will lose uncontracted defender Chris Tarrant for nothing after Collingwood ruled out giving up pick No.43 in next month's NAB AFL Draft for the 30-year-old.

The Sunday Age reports Carlton utility Andrew Walker could yet become embroiled in the Tarrant deal, with the Blues showing a minor interest in out-of-favour Collingwood forward Jack Anthony.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=103977

As always thought, Tarrant will be in black and white next year, one way or the other.:thumbsu:

Thats why teams dont want to deal with us, and I dont blame them. As if we say we are interetsted in Tarrant and then refuse to give pick 42 for him. Carlton and the Hawks would have given them much better offers. If we dont get the deal done by tommorow, Tarrant will not be at Collingwood next year and il be really pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

As at Thurs night we have picks 42, 55 & Fraser compo, 59-Should get Taz with 1 of those

Remove this Banner Ad

Back