Ashes 5th Test. The Decider @ The Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really we should make 400+ against an attack of Freddie, Harmison, Hoggard and Giles. Collingwood is very much a batting all-rounder.

Getting 20 wickets will be the key, I'm all for 5 bowlers (remembering Lee and Warne are more than capable with the bat). But it probably won't happen.

Our batsmen need to find a little improvement and we will win. We have played rather poorly yet the Poms have played pretty well yet they have not been able to bury us. If we were playing a good team this series would already be wrapped up.

we must get 450 day one decalre

rain day 2 and 3

Bowl them out day 4 and make them follow on then get them out last session day 4 and all day 5 :D

wow the team is a surprise

JL Langer, ML Hayden, *RT Ponting, DR Martyn, MJ Clarke,
SM Katich, +AC Gilchrist, SK Warne, B Lee, GD McGrath, SW Tait,

cameronk said:
Another late few nights for myself, Between this and the Tennis I'm gonna struggle.
You been watching the tennis too? What about the awesome matches today, the Dementieva and Agassi games were top notch. Haven't got a good night's sleep in a long, long time.

England Have Won The Toss And Have And Are Batting First...collingwood In...perfect Batting Conditions.

Drummond said:
You been watching the tennis too? What about the awesome matches today, the Dementieva and Agassi games were top notch. Haven't got a good night's sleep in a long, long time.

The Agassi v Blake match was one of the best I have seen in some time, Just a shame Blake couldnt get over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evening all- well, here it is- can the boys do it?

This is like a Shield final- a draw is England's result- we must win....we have to dismiss the Poms twice, so we must have them bat first...I'd rather lose the toss, because Punter probably does not realise this- and Vaughan seems pretty clueless as well at this stuff....bowl them out today with Pigeon and warne leading the way- get the batting going (they better not go with 5 bowlers, unless one is Watson or symonds- we don't need to shorten our lineup- and then the guys better fire....

C'MON, AUSSIE, C'MON!!!!!!

(Won't do the longer version- roostersgal perogative, at crucial situations!!!!!

Enjoy the game, Fonz- I think I can say we are all bloody jealous!!!!

cameronk said:
The Agassu v Blake match was one of the best I have seen in some time, Just a shame Blake couldnt get over the line.
Yes I agree on both counts. I was desperately hoping Blake would advance to the Semi's. Looking likely it will be a Federer/Agassi Final. However I’m hoping Hewitt can someone make it.

Gotta get after them- Vaughan aint gonna declare- if he does, he's the stupidest ****** ever....

Selectos have no clue with the batting- but at least no Stuart Clark

Sitting in the box now. Is like a whos who of cricket.

Seens guys like Allan Lamb, John Emburey and Chris Tavare millling around. Allan Knott is here as well and just had a chat with Deadly Derek.

These guys are pumped and when news of the toss came everyone gave a huge cheer.

Seems as though England have the support from every English cricketer before them and most of the old Aussie cricketers as well.

Should be an amazing Test.

Early wickets needed, with McGrath back there's a strong possibility for that

More worried if they picked Anderson- Collingwood can bat, but not as deadly as Jones was with the ball...if we can get through Freddie, we'll be right....

If Collingwood came in for Bell, they would be strong....

Rip through them, Pige!!!

Anybody expecting less than a road isn't paying attention- our bowlers must apply themselves

TMS in full voice....bring it on....
Aggers calling it "an extremely good pitch"
Jerusalem now playing

McGrath opening
Maxwell calls it a belter
Shocking when Trescothick is the form batsman...
Koertzen delays opening
Bouncer...get 'em, Pige!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back