Competition Asia-Africa League Bidding Thread-ALL SPOTS ARE FULL!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you mean Dar es Salaam?
We both know what I mean. Is it worth you pointing it out, making me make this post in reply?

Shit like this is why this board is so cluttered.

We both know what I mean. Is it worth you pointing it out, making me make this post in reply?

Shit like this is why this board is so cluttered.
No I was actually curious, I didn't know if it was another city. I had heard of Dar es Salaam but thought it may have been a different place as "salaam" and "saleem" mean two different things in Arabic, so both (hypothetically) could have been places. Sorry to clutter up the board with a question.

Requested Division: top league
1st Bid
Continent: asia
Team Name: AFC Dynamo Vladivostok
Mascot: a giant snowman.
Colours: light blue, dark blue, silver, white
Notes: the Asian Division champions from the IFA have switched leagues to this one.
2nd Bid:
Continent: africa
Team Name: nhnmjncm, nb (I'll edit this later to make it make sense)
Mascot: TBD
Colours: TBD
Notes: As promised in another thread, I came up with the team name by smashing my head on the keyboard, multiple times.

***BREAKING NEWS***
The Pretoria Power have secured a deal with design company FD. The up and coming company, owned and operated by Pretoria's CEO Fizzler, is is thinking of going to other leagues such as the AFL and other codes like rugby league and soccer. The 100 staff members at Pretoria Power voted for manufacturer in a private hearing the votes went as such
37 votes FD
23 votes BLK
20 votes Nike
12 votes ISC
5 votes Canterbury
3 votes Adidas
It is also rumoured that Pretoria have signed a deal with Port Adelaide as a partner club however it is in its early stages.

The Kings Abuja AFC are proud to announce their logo for the upcoming 2015 season.
BXhhORS.gif

Last edited:
***BREAKING NEWS***
Pretoria Power's 2015/16 AAL Season jumpers have been leaked. Business owner John Smith said "I went to my shop this morning and I saw a lot of blue and yellow on my back wall so I had a look and I saw the jumper designs. One of the designs was of the old Cape Town club so I knew it was Pretoria's jumpers." The jumpers are believed to have been leaked from FD headquarters. Pretoria's CEO Fizzler has said that he is not sure if Pretoria will still be working with FD. "I'm good friends with their President so we'll most likely work something out. It's still a 50/50 thing. If we can't work something out our club will go with BLK." FD's President Fizzler said that they might have to come up with a few new designs. "This was something we had no control of. As for the jumper designs, the Heritage, One Off and Preseason jumpers will stay but they might have a few changes made. The Clash is a 50/50 and might change and the Home will definitely change. We might also add an Away jumper in." The main suspect for this is Volta #goodonevolta and criminal charges will be laid against him.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The images of the Home, Clash, Heritage, Member Appreciation and Preseason jumpers. Pictures: John Smith

Lǎorén

1st Bid:
Continent: Asia
Team Name: Dubai Leopards
Mascot: Leopard
Colours: ???

2nd Bid
Continent: Asia
Team Name: Bali Dragons
Mascot: Dragon
Colours: Red, White, Black

You're going to be getting your Bali bid

I've made a quick guide on how to make a heritage jumper.
Heritage Jumpers for dummies.png
1st jumper: Foundation jumpers for old clubs. These tend to have plain designs or braces or very thin design elements.
2nd jumper: Lace up. Won't have much of a design. MUST have lace-ups on them or else they'll look weird
3rd jumper: Dark design. Not much to say about this except if there is a design element (monograms excluded) it must be dark.
4th jumper: Colour TV era. These were bright. Navy turns to royal and yellow features more.
5th jumper: 90's preseason. The team wouldn't wear this at the moment and it must be a "modern" design
6th jumper: 90's jumpers. These jumpers probably are being worn but if they're not, go ahead and use it.
Another thing to do is go to footyjumpers.com and make a kit history by using the images and editing them a bit.

I've made a quick guide on how to make a heritage jumper.
View attachment 105292
1st jumper: Foundation jumpers for old clubs. These tend to have plain designs or braces or very thin design elements.
2nd jumper: Lace up. Won't have much of a design. MUST have lace-ups on them or else they'll look weird
3rd jumper: Dark design. Not much to say about this except if there is a design element (monograms excluded) it must be dark.
4th jumper: Colour TV era. These were bright. Navy turns to royal and yellow features more.
5th jumper: 90's preseason. The team wouldn't wear this at the moment and it must be a "modern" design
6th jumper: 90's jumpers. These jumpers probably are being worn but if they're not, go ahead and use it.
Another thing to do is go to footyjumpers.com and make a kit history by using the images and editing them a bit.
Wait... are you saying we have to slot our designs into one of these?

But I am a child. Just like your avatar.
I'm with Klim on this one. It's one thing to use it for "banter" in the SFA, but it's going a bit far to bring it outside of that board. It is rather immature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey FizzDawg what team did I get?
Dubai. Just to let everyone know, you will get your first bid unless I tell you. The 2 biggest reasons are if you have equally weighted bids and I need more African teams, you'll get your African bid and if someone else has your first bid and they have placed a bid before you, you'll get your 2nd bid.
Wait... are you saying we have to slot our designs into one of these?
No, just helping people if they need help on a heritage jumper.

Last edited:
So we have NAFL, IFA, FIRA, etc etc

What should our acronym be? I recommend that, as we are the "Asia 'n Africa League", we opt for ANAL. It would be appropriate.

So we have NAFL, IFA, FIRA, etc etc

What should our acronym be? I recommend that, as we are the "Asia 'n Africa League", we opt for ANAL. It would be appropriate.
Fizzler it's what the people want

Also the teams that are in so far
Anybody on here can start the designing and submit them to me.View attachment 105540
In theory, you can combine these into one division for this season by asking all those in the lower division to move to the Asian section.

In theory, you can combine these into one division for this season by asking all those in the lower division to move to the Asian section.
I'd go a step further and abolish the geographical divisions for both leagues. Two leagues, one division for each. Much simpler.

Fizzler

I'd go a step further and abolish the geographical divisions for both leagues. Two leagues, one division for each. Much simpler.

Fizzler
What do you recommend we use for acroyms? Asian Sector Division (AsSeD) and African Republic Sector Division (ARSeD)

Also, no, that'd be a bad idea. If we were splitting the leagues geographically, then we might as well just run two competitions. That would defeat the whole purpose of this. It should be the premier division and the secondary division.

Also, no, that'd be a bad idea. If we were splitting the leagues geographically, then we might as well just run two competitions. That would defeat the whole purpose of this. It should be the premier division and the secondary division.

Fizzler
Alright that's what I'll do. If everybody gets their jumpers done now it will start up quicker.
EDIT: I still want 8 Asian and 8 African teams in each division though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition Asia-Africa League Bidding Thread-ALL SPOTS ARE FULL!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back