Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood

Pardon my ignorance and laziness gents, but is the campaign a similar length to AC2?

Same locations etc?

Keen on getting this after getting through Fallout 3, AC2 was like getting a handjob from Jennifer Hawkins. :thumbsu:

yeah man, it's mental. I love games where you get so distracted doing all the other shit you barely do missions. Rad!

Ok, now, who the **** can tell me how to do kill streaks? I try holding (L) then hitting square to get the streak going, no cigar. Any tips anyone?
LOL I know what you mean, I took 60 hours on RDR to complete 60 story missions...:eek:

The Killstreaks revolve around the counter mechanism. You have to counter someone and then just start tapping square and aiming at the next guy you want to hit. Sometimes it'll work right, sometimes not so much but you can get around 5+ kills if you nail it.

Try the 'Virtual Training' in the pause menu as well to try and perfect it.
Pardon my ignorance and laziness gents, but is the campaign a similar length to AC2?

Same locations etc?

Keen on getting this after getting through Fallout 3, AC2 was like getting a handjob from Jennifer Hawkins. :thumbsu:
Length wise the story is around about the same as AC2, but there's a ton more side missions an extras to do that can keep you around.

The location is completely new and different, 3 times the size of AC2's map. It doesn't have the same flow IMO as it did in AC2, you could really travel around the city so fast in that game. But the city has some really great and memorable areas (the Colosseum easily being the most amazing thing to look at).

Simply put, if you loved AC2, you will love AC:B.

Free DLC coming next month, to add a new MP map and mode (for both PS3 and 360). Pretty sweet.:thumbsu:

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136667p1.html
The new content, titled "Animus Project Update 1.0," includes a new game mode, Advanced Alliance, and a new multiplayer map, Mont Saint-Michel. Advanced Alliance takes the original Alliance Mode and makes target identification and engagement more difficult for players, similar to the difficulty changes between Wanted and Advanced Wanted modes.

"We wanted to say thank you to our fans for making Brotherhood such a huge success its opening week. We are very proud of the unique and innovative Multiplayer mode it offers, and hope the fans enjoy the new content."

The Animus Project Update 1.0 will be available on Dec. 14.

Gave the MP another go tonight and boy is it fun.

It's just something so different to anything else out there.

The tension that you feel when you're either chasing someone or getting chased is amazing.

Also trying to figure out amongst a bunch of people which one is your target can be awesome, just trailing someone for long enough that they sprint for a split second or move that one way that the AI probably wouldn't can be enough to know that is your target.

Finished 2nd in a lot of my matches and came first once, it's very hard to do actually. When you do get first you start to rack up the pursuers on you, initially you only get the one but the better you go (the more killstreaks you rack up, etc.) the more pursuers will come for you, at one point I had 3 of them coming after me after I managed a 3 killstreak myself. Ended up dying about 5 or 6 times in a row without a kill it was just that hard to get away from a pursuer.

Have had some great chases so far and some that look like they're going to be stuffed up. For example you can hide in the bushes and hay stacks like you can in the SP when you're getting chased, if you're out of their vision for long enough they won't know where you are and will have to take a guess, the amount of times they've either run straight past the hay stack and gone for an AI look-a-like is uncountable.:D

really enjoying it so far but they need to move the series forward to another era and character for the next installment IMO

and it looks like this series will be 'Call of Dutied'

http://www.strategyinformer.com/new...ar-will-host-another-big-assassins-creed-game
I was almost 100% sure that Ubi said there would not be an AC game in 2011. And by the sounds of the specific words they're saying "property" it just seems like they're not gonna make another title.

as I've mentioned, I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Taking it pretty slowly, taking care of side missions and just making the most of the game.

Probably about 1/3, or halfway through I guess?
Just finished the tank level - pretty fun. I enjoyed having to get the blueprints without killing anyone, really had to think it through getting in and out. I love that about this game

really enjoying it so far but they need to move the series forward to another era and character for the next installment IMO

and it looks like this series will be 'Call of Dutied'

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/9994/ubisoft-next-year-will-host-another-big-assassins-creed-game

Seems like they've looked at the recent success of Call of Duty and gone $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Purely for business, why wouldn't you release a new AC game every year if it's going to make you as much money as if you released one every 2-3 years?

you are going to ****ing love it.

I just can't believe how far the game has come from AC1. I mean, that had the massive issue of being so repetitive, but this is SOOOO the opposite. From all the different missions (thief, courtesan etc), to the Memories, to the Lairs; you have fighting, racing, and puzzles. The Lairs are so fricking good, you have to really think about what you're doing. Same with the assassinations where you can't get spotted, you have to think about how you are going to do it.

There's so much variety it's ridiculous.

Then, even when you've finished it, you can go back and replay memories to do what you need to do to get 100% sync.

As you can tell, I'm in :heart:

Just finished it, thoroughly enjoyable game with a heap of side missions and tasks to keep it interesting. Loved being able to train up you're own brotherhood of assasins and then using them to take out targets, a very nice addition. It was a Bloody weird ending though. Nevertheless Bring on on AC3!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished it, thoroughly enjoyable game with a heap of side missions and tasks to keep it interesting. Loved being able to train up you're own brotherhood of assasins and then using them to take out targets, a very nice addition. It was a Bloody weird ending though. Nevertheless Bring on on AC3!!!

using the brothers is awesome! I love the arrow attack. I enjoyed getting the "Showoff" trophy for taking down about 20 guards at once with arrow storm.

Seems like they've looked at the recent success of Call of Duty and gone $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Purely for business, why wouldn't you release a new AC game every year if it's going to make you as much money as if you released one every 2-3 years?
Definitely see why they're doing it but from a gamers perpective it is potentially bad news.

Definitely see why they're doing it but from a gamers perpective it is potentially bad news.

I agree, they need to take their time with sequels ala MGS, GoW, Halo etc, releasing one every 2-3 years, not every year.

It dilutes the product as whole and in end, left with nothing.

Finally got around to finishing this after being sick for two weeks and it's absolutely amazing, no one's exaggerating in here. There was just so much stuff to do that you could barely keep track of sometimes. My favourite side mission(s) had to be the Cristina ones, which take you back to the time of ACII, just loved that story. And that ending, far out...on one hand I'm really wanting another Assassin's Creed game next year to find out what happens next, but on the other hand I want them to take their time to make a great game so I'm leaning more towards that.

Had a go at multiplayer today too and it's strangely addictive, I wasn't really drawn to it when I was playing through the campaign but it's actually really intense once you give it a go. I'm just annoyed it took me this long to finish it :p.

Re: Assassin's Creed 3: Brotherhood

but after picking up assassins creed 2 for 49 bucks and completing it last night this game is a no brainer!

I got it for $30 when I picked up Black OPs from JB. :D

Just started playing last night (ACII). Only thing I haven't liked so far is when you want to climb a wall onto the roof sometimes your character will back flip and throw you to the ground. Pretty annoying when you're getting chased by guards with swords.

I got it for $30 when I picked up Black OPs from JB. :D

Just started playing last night (ACII). Only thing I haven't liked so far is when you want to climb a wall onto the roof sometimes your character will back flip and throw you to the ground. Pretty annoying when you're getting chased by guards with swords.

That's cos you've pressed X again or its equivalent on XBox. You need to hold it down, although I'm sure you already know that. But the climbing is very responsive and you need it throughout the game. I strongly recommend doing the training free runs.

I just finished the game, and yeah, that is one freaky ending. I so can't wait for the next one

That's cos you've pressed X again or its equivalent on XBox. You need to hold it down, although I'm sure you already know that. But the climbing is very responsive and you need it throughout the game. I strongly recommend doing the training free runs.

I just finished the game, and yeah, that is one freaky ending. I so can't wait for the next one
The training is a new thing to Brotherhood, so he won't have any help for AC2.

But I was surprised in doing them how much new stuff I learnt and how to take things a bit more carefully and such. Really quite helpful.

Same goes for the combat and stuff too.

Just found out you can purchase Feather and Flag maps from the Art Merchant after you complete the game. Massive win right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back