Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

I see campo had his own segment on channel 7 this year called coach campo. Never seen it as I don't watch 7 news but according to a couple of people who seen it he sounded impressive. Don't think he would be a choice of mine as I think he is a bit of damaged goods but certainly his knowledge as a midfield coach is good.

On a serious note though, he seemed like a decent coach but was given the flick as fall guy four to Crows poor governance? Anyway I thought he was more interested in running his business than coaching going forward.
He was about as popular as Hinckley is here on the Crows board.

Accounting for the Phil Walsh factor, didn’t he take over as interim and had them playing some good footy in the second half of 2015? Made the second week of finals losing to the Hawks.

Seems like a "yes man" so I fully expect him to be hired.

Yeah, nah I don't think that's right. He has strong views and isn't afraid to state them. Made him easier to scapegoat come the time for sacrifices to be made at the altar of the SimpleMinds camp.

Whether he is actually a good assistant coach, I couldn't say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to take Matty Scarlett as defensive coach and piss off Bass altogether.

Rumours that Scarlett could be on the move from Geelong..
Seems like a guy who wouldn't leave Victoria. That's the problem with so many vic teams.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Accounting for the Phil Walsh factor, didn’t he take over as interim and had them playing some good footy in the second half of 2015? Made the second week of finals losing to the Hawks.
The Crows also pulled in John Worsfold for that period. Which was more responsible is a question that could only be answered by sitting within the Crows inner sanctum at the time.

Campo is on ABC Radio's Saturday morning sports show between 11.30 and 12.30 before they go to the national sports show. You can tell he is a coach. Regularly brings data in with him to analyse different teams. Reckon he is fiesty enough to stand up to Ken, which probably means he lasts a couple of years.

Jaymie Graham hasnt found a home yet.

Last edited:
Campo is on ABC Radio's Saturday morning sports show between 11.30 and 12.30 before they go to the national sports show. You can tell he is a coach. Regularly brings data in with him to analyse different teams. Reckon he is fiesty enough to stand up to Ken, which probably means he lasts a couple of years.

Jamye Graham hasnt found a home yet.

Interviewed with us according to good mate C4.

But wasn't he set for Hawthorn and a runner up for the Collingwood job? Wonder what happened.

But wasn't he set for Hawthorn and a runner up for the Collingwood job? Wonder what happened.
Graham?? Last 2 at Collingwood were Mcrae and Kingsley.

He was in the last 2 for nth.melb last year when noble got the job. Nth. Obviously decided to go for noble being a bit older graham was still only 37 but all reports he was impressive and has had good experience at west coast over the last few seasons coaching defence and fowards so I think he would be a good get

C4[2]Yo`DooR thought Graham was interested in Hawthorn because of the Sam Mitchell connection, but they have finalised their coaching panel.

Can we get Adam Kingsley here as a senior assistant? Offer him more money than what he is on at Richmond?

There are a shit load of people cut from clubs in 2020 because of Covid cuts.

Logic says the best were kept and the marginals ones were cut. But there are always mistakes. Anyone know of candidates cut in 2020 and not picked up in 2021, but did something decent at state level in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back