Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Today's paper says "If Carlton was to appoint Voss, it is understood Port would be in a position to replace him within a week".

So it'll be some kind of internal musical chairs.
I guess there's a chance we have an offer in (or at least feelers out there) to someone from another club, it's not like this whole process has been a surprise, and Vossy would have a fair indication of how close he'd be to getting it.

Kornes this morning said we have some interest/discussions with Lenny Hayes and Campo
(I may have misheard on Campo, given he's already been mentioned)

Kornes this morning said we have some interest/discussions with Lenny Hayes...

21e44449-0c2f-43c2-89cd-fd6b7027f4ec_text.gif

Kornes this morning said we have some interest/discussions with Lenny Hayes and Campo
(I may have misheard on Campo, given he's already been mentioned)
Hayes doesn't scream out "must have" to me.

However, Campo may be a good get - if we have forgiven him for coming to have an interview with us, but detouring at the airport to sign with the Camries instead several years ago!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheesh, imagine if we come out of this with a worse coaching panel than before lol.
I guess Carlton’s tardiness and mismanagement has left us hanging while any better replacements have been snapped up?

"Some would say last man standing, but......." etc

I have recollections of kern losing something like 6 showdowns out of his first 8 when they came from 4 or 5 behind us on the ledger to lead by a couple, and I reckon Campo may have been the tingle's midfield coach for at least some of that time.

I can recall them using at least one player to come off the back of the square and hitting the contest hard at centre bounce downs which was often very effective, and also the Malthouse style circle around our ball carriers at other stoppages, usually followed up with quick outlet hand pass to a free player outside the pack which often left our blokes flat footed.

It's probably old hat now but it definitely worked a treat for them then.

I guess there's a chance we have an offer in (or at least feelers out there) to someone from another club, it's not like this whole process has been a surprise, and Vossy would have a fair indication of how close he'd be to getting it.

I would expect that, because CD was clear he wanted a decision from Voss quickly. I'd say he has someone on the hook.

Any chance Carlton could drag it out any longer - other clubs might need to get on with life… amateur hour.

CD made it clear he is prepared to cut Voss loose if time runs out. He must have a time limit.

I have recollections of kern losing something like 6 showdowns out of his first 8 when they came from 4 or 5 behind us on the ledger to lead by a couple, and I reckon Campo may have been the tingle's midfield coach for at least some of that time.

I can recall them using at least one player to come off the back of the square and hitting the contest hard at centre bounce downs which was often very effective, and also the Malthouse style circle around our ball carriers at other stoppages, usually followed up with quick outlet hand pass to a free player outside the pack which often left our blokes flat footed.

It's probably old hat now but it definitely worked a treat for them then.
The problem with that is we don't have a skillful fast midfielder, ours are all bulls.

norf coast?
You would think the afl would try and convince him to coach gold coast. But the rumor I heard yesterday is that west coast would be keen and that simmo might want to go back to vic to live after next year, eagles certainly would be able to pay him a kings ransom. There is more to that rumor which is a bit complicated and which may interest us at port but not prepared to run with it yet as it still just a rumor as far as I'm concerned and not fact at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back