Atley...stop getting caught

Remove this Banner Ad

Roolistic

Draftee
Sep 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Atley is exciting and I don't know the stats but I get a de ja vu feeling every time he gets caught with the ball....

Can a coach teach him to raise and free his arms when he feels pressure

problem is he takes a player a lot of times he has the ball, and being an 18 year old scrawny fellow most people are gonna be able to wrap him up...

eh, only one holding the ball call on him all year though, so it doesn't bother me too much

Yeah, and while you're at it, Atley, stop being an 18 year old acquitting yourself extremely well at the highest level.

Takes on the game too much for my liking.

Have you ever been caught holding your ball at the highest level?

I once had a twisted testicle.

Does that count?

Is my sarcasm detector off?

Saw the thread title and laughed expecting a sarcastic post... but my sarcasm detector is spinning wildly, cant make head nor tail of the OP.

There was a play I remember yesterday, Atley received the ball on the wing when we were kicking to the left, his dees opponent looked like he had him for all money just had to lay the tackle, Atley stopped on a dime and turned his player inside out creating crucial space.

Think he fudged the kick but my jaw dropped watching his stop and sidestep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only seen Atley caught holding the ball once, and that was yesterday when Jurrah nailed him with a beauty. I would hate to see him stop using his run and evasion because it has never been a trait associated with North in recent years.

Funny, with that play on the wing, I actually thought he could have backed his speed to outrun the plodder chasing him. So to the OP, I don't think so. To the contrary, I'd be telling the kid: "Don't worry about getting caught - you have 2 free passes for getting caught each week with no recriminations, so just run and carry with impunity."

Of course, then I might need to bring in Lachie Hansen to explain to the kid the dictionary definition of recrimination and impunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Atley...stop getting caught

Remove this Banner Ad

Back