ATP Matsers Series 1000: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to start another one of the 30 $1.20 favourites with a match tomorrow. Tossing up between Söderling and Tsonga. Tsonga looks an absolute lock against Montanes; is 2-0 against him and Montanes is awful on hard courts.

Söderling I'm not sure about. Has a poor record against Feli and lost their last one, but I just think he's outright better than Lopez. Won at Sunrise last year, too.

Can't believe im saying this, but Im really starting to like Kleybanova. Like really. Not sure what is. Actually i do, it's cause she's fat, but moves incredibly well and gets some incredible angles when she's scrambling. Isn't aesthetically gifted in any department at all, but gets it done. And unlike the rest of the tour, especially the big guns, she doesn't fold like a cheap tent when the pressure is on. She battled through a hip injury and was down 4-0 in the tiebreak against Kim, but reeled off 7 pts and stole it. Didn't watch much of the match, only the last 10 minutes or so, so Kim may have played like shit but Kleybs is impressing me. Just needs to get some consistency in her game and sustain her play tournament to tournament.

I enjoy watching her play as well, she does move well for her size and hits the ball extremely nicely although I thought Kim could of taken the ball a bit earlier on some occasions in this match and that might of been the difference plus the fact Kim didn't seem overly interested. What I don't udnerstand is that she doesn't get that much support out there it seems, oks he was playing Kim tonight but she never seems to do so, hits the ball cleanly, fights hard. This was a good match.

Isner beat Querrey in the U.S. battle, Isner is just playing really good tennis at the moment, so impresssed, if your getting 80% of first serves in with that serve your going to be hard to beat by anyone. Don't think he'll beat Nadal but he's going to take it to him..

I watched Soderling's last matchw ith Lopez, Soderling just can't handle Lopez left-handed slicey type of game, very clsoe toc all that one, might think about jumping on lopez ont hat one depending on the price but I ahve had a horrific record in this tournament so I think I might pass.

Good Luck to Sam and Alicia, hopefully at least one of them can win even though both are unlikely to happen.

Looking to start another one of the 30 $1.20 favourites with a match tomorrow. Tossing up between Söderling and Tsonga. Tsonga looks an absolute lock against Montanes; is 2-0 against him and Montanes is awful on hard courts.

Söderling I'm not sure about. Has a poor record against Feli and lost their last one, but I just think he's outright better than Lopez. Won at Sunrise last year, too.

I'm actually looking at both of those games as well for my next bet. If the tennis experts on here are unsure about Soderling then I will definitely be staying away.

Tsonga should win surely, Murray and Roddick will also win as well you would think? That multi gives you 1.18 but 3 tennis matches might be a little too risky.

I'm looking at Tsonga/Federer @ $1.20. Is Baghdatis any real chance of knocking off Rog?

That being said, Söderling and Blake are also fairly tempting.

Don't ask me, I'm having a horrid time picking winners this tournament. I went a bit left-field and it's really hurt me. :eek: My bracket is a mess!

Nadal was brilliant against Ancic today, completely in a different class to Mario. Winners to UE ratio was outstanding, almost 3:1. :thumbsu:

Djokovic involved in yet another horrible match. He was downright awful. Blowing a set and a break lead to lose 8 consecutive games, down 3-0 in the third and later 3 match points. How he got through can only be put down to mental strength and Kohlschreiber being mentally very weak.

Alicia bet Zhang last time they met in Dubai this year so matt she has a chance

I agree, but I can't see it happening twice in a row. Zheng was decent in her last match but it doesn't take much to beat Sharapova these days. Might have more chance of winning then Sam actually but both are still unlikely.

And how is Soderling tempting at that price? $1.30? against a guy who he has a 2-4 record against and lost to him in his last previous meeting on a similar surface. Blake isn't too bad at $1.40, I expect him to win.

Talking in the context of the low-priced favourites thread tbh.

EDIT: It is also worth noting that he's come a long way mentally since 2006, whilst Lopez has become a worse player. The Paris loss turns me away from him, but I just don't rate Lopez at all.

Sam beat Vera 6-2, 7-5 and providing a couple of things doesn't happen she should be top 10. She must be back to her good form for the moment and faces the winner of Wickmayer/Martinez Sanchez. Tough match against both really.

Alicia lost a close one 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(1), a shame it was so close but really just a fantastic week for Alicia.

Good result for Soderling, tricky player for him to play aaginst.

Tsonga is in a bizarre mood this morning, just lost the first set to Montanes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Kleybanova a lock to beat Suarez Navarro?

She should, it's women's tennis but she should.

Blake losing to Almagro, only saw the evry last game where Almagro took about 5 mp's to finish it off, looking at the stats Almagro was playing well but anyone watch? Thought Blake would win that to be honest.

She should, it's women's tennis but she should.

Blake losing to Almagro, only saw the evry last game where Almagro took about 5 mp's to finish it off, looking at the stats Almagro was playing well but anyone watch? Thought Blake would win that to be honest.
I saw the first two sets before they cut to the Federer match. Blake was pretty off in the first set and let his emotions take over. Was furious at a line call and even went as far as asking the umpire to remove him from the line. It took him off his game a bit although he still played decent tennis. Credit to Almagro though for superb tennis, backhand in particular painting the lines. Second set was extremely tight, massive game at 3-3 with Almagro having a couple of break points to take a commanding lead but James hung in there, herld serve and broke the next game. Disappointing to hear that Blake lost as I thought he would've gone on with it after the 2nd.

How about Baghdatis, saves two match points and we're in a 3rd!

Baghdatis 5-7, 7-5, 7-6(4)

Federer just does not care about Masters 1000 events, for some reason he just doesn't to bring his clutch tennis to these events, almost seems half a step slower. Credit to Baghdatis, he was able to step it up at the most important points, he was absoutely smashing the ball out there, impressive hititng.

But back to Federer, it's just weird, shot selection on those match points were awful, there was one backhand down the line which was not on at all.

Roddick got a nice draw now too.

Never bet against Suarez. She is one of those who has the capability to upset the big names. Even if she loses this match, she is still one to stay away from.

Isner put up a solid effort this morning, it was a shame his 1st serve just lost the plot int he third, causing him to have too many rallies with Rafa as Rafa was pouncing on the 2nd serve. Nadal is actually looking good, he served well into Isner's body all day and reallys triking that forehand, with possibly an in-form Berdych to play in the quarters, that should be a good one.

And yes after so many times winning ugly Djoko finally loses, didn't see much of the match but at the end it seemed Djoko just didn't care. And now we have a Ljubicic vs. monaco QF.

Radwanska beating Dementieva on the women's side, draw just completely open for anyone left now.

Remove this Banner Ad

ATP Matsers Series 1000: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Back