Aussies in English County Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Robson.. could walk into our Ashes squad off the back of his form to start the season. 6 innings, 3 50s and a 100. Pity no one from CA wants him

He would walk into basically all state sides including NSW. Teams like WA and SA in particular could use him.

Finally the 100s are coming, well done Rogers on cracking it.

He would walk into basically all state sides including NSW. Teams like WA and SA in particular could use him.

Finally the 100s are coming, well done Rogers on cracking it.

I'm confused why you say "including NSW" - is it just because that's where he's from?

Because it's not like NSW have anything close to the best batting line up in Australian domestic cricket.

In any case, he looks a talent - but his current average doesn't suggest that he's anything wildly out of the box.

On Robson - his record is improving, at age 23, his best years are very much ahead of him. Has had made a really good start to the Champo season. Remember conditions aren't always easy over there (last season was a shocker for everyone with the rain and the bizarre rule of not rolling wickets after the start of play). Has destroyed Sydney grade cricket in the last couple of seasons. Has had a bit of press in the UK about his dual eligibility but not a lot back here. Would be a shame to lose him without a fight. Hopefully he keeps churning them out for Middlesex.. if purely for nothing but the blowups in the press boxes come Ashes time.

Rather than start another thread, I thought I would point out the form of Joe Root on here, as hopefully he will play a part in the Ashes. Yorkshire were set 336 to win on the last day against Durham and Root scored 186, getting out shortly before the target was reached.

The next match, against Derbyshire who scored 475 largely thanks to West Indian, Chesney Hughes who scored 270 not out. Root opened the batting and scored 236. Jonny Bairstow piped in with 186 and Yorkshire declared on 7 for 677.

Rich vein of form to start the season. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies in English County Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back