NFL Aussies in the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Aussies in the NFL - Tracker

If Sav plays in a Superbowl ring I reckon Anthony will join him in the US in 2010... play for the next 14 years and become the worst 200 game NFL player ever..... >>>Re-edited for further bigfooty accuracy.

Taken your medication today, handy point?

**see folks.. blow-ins running amok** :rolleyes:

Re: Aussies in the NFL Tracker - Part 2

blow in?!

that's a bit harsh. Can't say that I've been regular of recent but still...

... anyway, just playing on the bigfooty knowledge that young Ant is apparently the worst 200-game AFL player in history...

blow in?!

that's a bit harsh. Can't say that I've been regular of recent but still...

... anyway, just playing on the bigfooty knowledge that young Ant is apparently the worst 200-game AFL player in history...

Blow-in on the NFL forum. Haven't read NOTHING of quality from you. I'm happy that you make mention of the Broncos but you didn't even say 'boo' when the Broncos were winning.. yes, they did beat a couple play-off teams. And what's with the slagging of one of your Magpies?? If you don't rate him, don't mention him. I have players on my fav teams roster I just can't be bothered with and besides Pebbles would be a chance in the NFL. Can roost a ball... have seen that many a time.

meh...Bay 13 Pffft. It's another junkies & Juicers Inc. forum without credibility.. sorry Chops. :thumbsdown: Until A.Rocca takes the NFL plunge.. I don't think it's worthy of discussion whether he had a decent AFL career or not.. subjective opinions can take so many ridiculous directions.
Certainly didn't start in bay 13, that's the point.

It's pretty clear, A Rocca = worst 200 game player, ever.

Rocca and Graham

I have never seen a game of American football and know very little about it but with one of these guys going to the superbowl I just wanted to ask some of you more informed fellas what is the standing and status of these guys in the league.

How are they regarded by the public. I mean are they important players in their team or are they the last player picked so to speak? Are they some of the better punters in the league, middle of the range or in the lower echelon? Are they the Tadgh Kennelly of the league or the Setanta O'Halpin?

Re: Rocca and Graham

Punters are the last picked of any side... They are not important unless the stuff up and then everyone knows them... still they are on half a mil each year and Matt Mcbriar(another Australian) makes more than Judd.

Rocca has been going okay avg punt 43.3(18 in the league) with a net of 38.8 (14) which is reasonable

Graham has been sacked my two other clubs this season although he only played one game at NO because he had a passport. his avg 42.5 (27) but his net 33.8 (35) which is crap

He currently has the lowest avg in the playoff of all punters (Big Ben excused :D) he will be lucky not to be cut at the end of the year or will need a huge summer camp to keep his spot

Rocca is more known for his occasion brilliance rather than for consistency...

Of course, which punter is known for the latter? :p

Least known player on the field... Save generic ST players, who are of course jsut from the D or O teams.

Known as Aussies first then punters (Rocca especially) because heck they just aren't that big...

If you've got a punter who can consistently drop the ball into the oppo's 10 -15 yard zone, then they've extremely valuable to the team... by having the capability to put a team on their heels and limit the types of plays they're going to call from their own endzone, I'd say they're worth every cent they're paid. Rocca and Graham aren't that level of punter though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Punters are very low on the food chain. Still as said earlier the $$ are ok.

Nice way to top up you super. Hell Darren Bennett got an extra 10 years out of his legs and became a pro bowler.

Punters are very low on the food chain. Still as said earlier the $$ are ok.

Nice way to top up you super. Hell Darren Bennett got an extra 10 years out of his legs and became a pro bowler.

Every player in the NFL makes a fair amount of $$.

Minimum for a first year player is something like US$400,000

Every player in the NFL makes a fair amount of $$.

Minimum for a first year player is something like US$400,000

Which is great for a long kicking AFL player about to reach their Use By date.

Thanks for the info fellas, from what i can gather Sav is a fairly middle of the range punter not fantastic but not terrible in AFL terms would Ben Johnson (collingwood) be a similiar player a fairly average middle of the road player, while Graham is one of the worst kickers in the league and in the lower echelon of players like a Raph Clarke or Setanta O'Hailpin. Just one more question what was Grahams form been like from previous years? Has he significantly dropped off this year or has he always been just plain bad.

Thanks for the info fellas, from what i can gather Sav is a fairly middle of the range punter not fantastic but not terrible in AFL terms would Ben Johnson (collingwood) be a similiar player a fairly average middle of the road player, while Graham is one of the worst kickers in the league and in the lower echelon of players like a Raph Clarke or Setanta O'Hailpin. Just one more question what was Grahams form been like from previous years? Has he significantly dropped off this year or has he always been just plain bad.

Not really. Sav is inconsistent but can produce a booming kick where everyone just says 'wow, where did that come from!!' He is in the upper-middle range of punters in the NFL. A good AFL equivalent would be Quentin Lynch.

Ben on the other had started off well but his play had dropped off over the past two years. He is slightly more consistent (not by much) but that due to the fact that he doesnt punt it as far and has reverted to kicking drop punts after shanking a few spirals. He is a mid-lower tier punter. A good AFL comparison is Jay Schulz.

Graham's first 2 seasons were good but last season was average resulting in the Jets bringing in another punter late in the season. This season with the Jets his decline continued.

Has been good at Arizona with placing kicks in the 20 which is a big part of a punter's job. His biggest problem has been hang time, just not getting the ball high& long enough. It's helped being with the Cardinals because they've got a good offense so he's usually kicking around midfield. That way he doesn't have to worry too much about distance, just well placed drop punts. If he was consistently having to kick from own 20-30 yard line he'd be in a bit of bother as he wasn't giving his coverage guys enough time to cover the return.

Sav's been good though, i'd say top half of all punters, possibly top 10-12.

Rocca sounds like he's fitted into the swing of things straight away after a few dissapointing years at north melbourne, well done to him.

Ben Graham looked lame this morning. After nearly every punt he visibly looked in pain, thus didn't punt particularly well.

Do the Cardinals have any backup punters than Benny needs to be concerned about?

Great coin for these blokes for not a lot of work... especially given the current exchange rate.

Ben Graham looked lame this morning. After nearly every punt he visibly looked in pain, thus didn't punt particularly well.

Do the Cardinals have any backup punters than Benny needs to be concerned about?

Great coin for these blokes for not a lot of work... especially given the current exchange rate.

Teams don't carry 2 punters, they rarely carry 2 placekickers also.

so anyone else notice a sudden surge of cardinal fans?

Strange how that happens. Only ONE bona fide.. to the CORE, highly respected Cards fan on BF.

>> Wizard_9.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Aussies in the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back