Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Mar 3, 2002
Whincup's Garage
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, MUFC, Triple 8
When you look at the whole picture this country as whole really is messed up bigtime.

No Water probably due to over use in the past but none the less past governments when water issues first arose denied there was climate change and now we have reach desperate times finally they are trying to fix the problem.

High cost of living, I truely believe the Federal government currently and in the past have been living in dream land, regular tax payers of Australia are struggling.

Public Transport without a doubt the most over priced rubbish public transport in the world which runs on out dated methods it was designed on back in the 50's and 60's, Brisbane amd Perth would have the best train systems in Australia at present as for Melbourne and Sydney you are freaking kidding yourselves:thumbsdown:

Highways/Roads and infrstructure joke joke joke joke, okay wouldnt logic tell you if you develope and area for housing people are going to live there and eventually you need to enusre people can adequetly get from their home and to their work without having to wrestle with every other person trying to do the same thing?

Costs in general are out of control we are all just paying hand over fist for freaking everything okay heres and example we have a toll road in Melbourne I drive on that toll road as it is supposed to be quick and easy save time, yet I pay to use a road that is a freaking carpark at the best of times as it is indequete and was poorly designed for future expansion and to handle more freaking traffic, I liken it to a smokers artery:thumbsdown:

Public Transport without a doubt the most over priced rubbish public transport in the world which runs on out dated methods it was designed on back in the 50's and 60's, Brisbane amd Perth would have the best train systems in Australia at present as for Melbourne and Sydney you are freaking kidding yourselves:thumbsdown:

I have nothign to compare it to, so I have no reference, but I have no issues with Melbournes Public transport.

Highways/Roads and infrstructure joke joke joke joke, okay wouldnt logic tell you if you develope and area for housing people are going to live there and eventually you need to enusre people can adequetly get from their home and to their work without having to wrestle with every other person trying to do the same thing?

You need to go oversease.

Costs in general are out of control we are all just paying hand over fist for freaking everything okay heres and example we have a toll road in Melbourne I drive on that toll road as it is supposed to be quick and easy save time, yet I pay to use a road that is a freaking carpark at the best of times as it is indequete and was poorly designed for future expansion and to handle more freaking traffic, I liken it to a smokers artery:thumbsdown:

This is an outright lie. I hate tollways with a passion, but as a regular user of Citylink, including in peak hour, I have yet to come to a gridlock.

The experience everywhere else in the world is that if you build more roads, you just get more gridlock. It doesn't solve the problem - you need to get people out of their cars. New freeways only result in a temporary alleviation of the problem.

The problem in our cities isn't the roads - it's the sprawl. We've taken on the flawed North American model of miles of suburbia without even looking at the problems it causes. Only in the last few years has infill really taken off - and even then it's at nowhere near the density that we need to relieve transportation pressures.

I agree, I'd much rather go live in the US, where if I don't have health insurance and I cop a serious illness/injury I might end up paying medical bills for the rest of my life. And where government is essentially dysfunctional, the economy is going down the tube, there are ghettoes, we're embroiled in costly foreign adventures and George W Bush is President.

Or Sudan. I hear it's nice this time of year.

• Banned
I have nothign to compare it to, so I have no reference, but I have no issues with Melbournes Public transport.

Kidding yourself it is an overpriced slow mess

This is an outright lie. I hate tollways with a passion, but as a regular user of Citylink, including in peak hour, I have yet to come to a gridlock.

Kidding yourself again

And we are becomming the worlds biggest bunch of violent drunks on the planet to boot.

It's funny how when the left bitch and moan, they're just a bunch of out of touch sooks, but when others moan, well of course it's legitimate.

Last time I checked, these problems existed in pretty much every nation in the globe (bar maybe Kiribati). The problem is that we just don't know how lucky we are, we whine about today but imagine if we had a recession that is apparently going to hit us soon, then whining about toll fees will be the last of your worries.

Not saying that we should accept mediocrity, but we shouldn't whine when we have enjoyed close to 20 years of bumper prosperity. Australians have never been so prosperous and rich.

• Banned
The experience everywhere else in the world is that if you build more roads, you just get more gridlock. It doesn't solve the problem - you need to get people out of their cars. New freeways only result in a temporary alleviation of the problem.

The problem in our cities isn't the roads - it's the sprawl. We've taken on the flawed North American model of miles of suburbia without even looking at the problems it causes. Only in the last few years has infill really taken off - and even then it's at nowhere near the density that we need to relieve transportation pressures.

Well nothing is going to change because current public transport doesnt help get me out of my car, and many others either so im forced to pay ridiculous $$$$ for petrol:rolleyes:

:eek: I have been in a peakhour Citylink gridlock several times.

Oh my lord! Gridlock! Oh how how oh why has this travesty hit us!

Newsflash: the good people of Tokyo have been putting up with Gridlock for decades now. Just be thankful you live in a nation so sparsely populated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how when the left bitch and moan, they're just a bunch of out of touch sooks, but when others moan, well of course it's legitimate.

Last time I checked, these problems existed in pretty much every nation in the globe (bar maybe Kiribati). The problem is that we just don't know how lucky we are, we whine about today but imagine if we had a recession that is apparently going to hit us soon, then whining about toll fees will be the last of your worries.

Not saying that we should accept mediocrity, but we shouldn't whine when we have enjoyed close to 20 years of bumper prosperity. Australians have never been so prosperous and rich.

How does that have anything to do with our youth becomming drunken dickwads?

I mean we are the only nation whom Oktoberfest have actually considered banning from the festival we make such disgraces of ourselves.

While I don't have any figures it wouldn't be too long a stretch to suggest our rates of youth binge drinking and the like would be in top few nations of the world.

Road tolls don't bother me, they are side issues to my life.

But feeling safe in that life is more important.

As a nation without any actual conflicts within it, our streets are becomming less and less safe as time passes for the average person.

Nail. Hit. Dead Centre.

Sprawl also makes it much more difficult to provide viable and effective public transport to help relieve the problems we have with gridlocks on major roads heading to the CBD during peak hour.

Nail. Hit. Dead Centre.

Sprawl also makes it much more difficult to provide viable and effective public transport to help relieve the problems we have with gridlocks on major roads heading to the CBD during peak hour.

So we pay to use a road that is 'supposed' the be quick but wasnt builr or taking in consideration of future growth so im stuck in gridlock buring the fuel Ive paid 1.50 lt for because there is no suitable public transport either:rolleyes:

How does that have anything to do with our youth becomming drunken dickwads?

I mean we are the only nation whom Oktoberfest have actually considered banning from the festival we make such disgraces of ourselves.

While I don't have any figures it wouldn't be too long a stretch to suggest our rates of youth binge drinking and the like would be in top few nations of the world.

Road tolls don't bother me, they are side issues to my life.

But feeling safe in that life is more important.

As a nation without any actual conflicts within it, our streets are becomming less and less safe as time passes for the average person.

Its due to the fact that young soft lads cant handle their grog, get any young (18-22) lad and ask him to drink 8 stubbie beers in 40 mins, i dare say most of them after doing it would either spew or be to crock to carry on drinking because Beer is a lot harder to stomach, however, these days everyone drinks suger alochol drinks and these go down like water, there in lies the problem, people drink these drinks and can get a lot drunker a lot quicker without the side effects of spewing and what not (until the next morning at least).

20 years ago the youth didnt drink those sugary drinks, just beer.

Sugary drinks also give people energy. If i drink like 15 beers in a night i'm knackered, tired out. You drink 15 burbon and cokes and your full of energy. Theres a reason they've banned bundy and cola from some pubs - too much sugar + alcohol = fights.

Sugary drinks also give people energy. If i drink like 15 beers in a night i'm knackered, tired out. You drink 15 burbon and cokes and your full of energy. Theres a reason they've banned bundy and cola from some pubs - too much sugar + alcohol = fights.

But 20 - 30 years ago, people were drinking scotch/bourbon & coke. It's not the alcohol, it's the attitude people have these days, screw everyone else, as long as I'm alright. It's not called the "me" generation for no reason. :(

^^ Yeah but 20-30 years ago mixing cola with bourbon and such was chic and new- that's when the trend started... Maybe...

Yeah I'd agree with that. But more regarding the caffeine in cola drinks and those energy drink mixers. I find caffeine can make me more irritable when I have too much, even if I'm sober, not to mention the energy. I imagine when you combine that with the energy factor and alcohol aggro it could be a combustive combination.

Although I would be interested to see levels of drinking comparing today with 20 years ago- I'd be surprised if people drank more heavily now and I am sceptical of the premise that it is somehow more violent now... I mean I heard stories from my Dad's mates about the old beer-barn days in Melbourne, that shit was much more brutal than we see today.

Methinks people are watching to much Today Tonight...

Australia iirc are the largest per capita consumer of premixed drinks in the world. In the 70s alot of those sugary drinks didn't exist. The other thing obviously was that the media was not so hysterical over every bar fight in Australia, so there wasn't as much research put into the effects.

^^ Yeah I'd agree with that. But more regarding the caffeine in cola drinks and those energy drink mixers. I find caffeine can make me more irritable when I have too much, even if I'm sober, not to mention the energy. I imagine when you combine that with the energy factor and alcohol aggro it could be a combustive combination.

Although I would be interested to see levels of drinking comparing today with 20 years ago- I'd be surprised if people drank more heavily now.

See my post, we drank a shitload, but didn't run around destroying property, attacking people. or harassing our neighbours etc., we just stayed indoors dribbling shit & eventually passed out. OK there might have been the ocassional incident, but it was small compared to today.

See my post, we drank a shitload, but didn't run around destroying property, attacking people. or harassing our neighbours etc., we just stayed indoors dribbling shit & eventually passed out. OK there might have been the ocassional incident, but it was small compared to today.

^^ Sorry, was replying to Bel but had to answer the phone mid-edit. Curse posting and working ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia As A Whole Really Is A Mess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back