Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That's happened organically though. This is being foisted upon people.

Go to the cricket for the live music seems like an odd advertising gimmick but it happens in most other sports these days.

Only the true cricket lovers go to the cricket for the cricket.
There's not enough true cricket lovers to just rely on the love of cricket to fill stadiums.

That's happened organically though. This is being foisted upon people.
None of these things happened organically. At some point, someone at the SACA has made a conscious decision to stick some marquees out the back, and then to market it as a festival-type event, and to push for day-night tests, etc.

Adelaide has proven that having other things to do on the day attracts more people than just saying, "here's six hours of cricket, knock yourself out."

If putting a band on after stumps gets some people to hang around for the last session, then I can't see how it's a bad thing.

If it's not your thing, you are more than welcome to sit and enjoy the cricket, ignoring all the stuff happening out the back. But it will bring more people through the door, and that can only be good for the sport.

I'll never understand why cricket fans are so opposed to anything new.

Not going to be any difficulties getting people through the gates for the India tests this summer or the Ashes tests the following summer. In the other years though, the best way to attract crowds is to reduce the price of tickets, expand GA seating sections (making it easier for people to rock up and sit with mates), and reduce restrictions on full strength beer. Far better than some shit band playing outside.

Not going to be any difficulties getting people through the gates for the India tests this summer or the Ashes tests the following summer. In the other years though, the best way to attract crowds is to reduce the price of tickets, expand GA seating sections (making it easier for people to rock up and sit with mates), and reduce restrictions on full strength beer. Far better than some shit band playing outside.

You sir should be in the CA board

I love a beer but they ain't returning to the days of people drinking full strength beer for eight hours a day and I don't think it's needed either. They do need to address prices though, it seems like half decent tickets are anywhere from $70 to $120 these days. Halve the price and you might get a full house. The atmosphere is always better at a full house, just look at England where most of their grounds only hold 20,000 or so but are always heaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back