Australian Football Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw on the twitter feed that there was a mention of a potential mobile version? Would that still be on the cards?

I can make ones without logos very easily. I might improve the template too because it looks a bit odd. Quick question here, is the version on steam the same as the one on your site?

I'll send you a message off this thread about this soon - probably late next week, need to make sure the game's stable first.

The versions are exactly the same - but I'm pushing people toward Steam since updates come automatically, and you get trading cards/achievements/cloud saves, but the company makes more money from a sale thru the game's main website.

I saw on the twitter feed that there was a mention of a potential mobile version? Would that still be on the cards?

Yes it's still on the cards, though at the moment it's mostly just a simple list manager game, and with no deadline.

That'd be fantastic. Feedback has really helped push the game along even since going up on Steam, so even if you don't like it or something about it, I can probably fix it.

Purchased this game yesterday and been having a play.

Is there somewhere where I can see a 'key' of what all the symbols next to players names means? And what the different colours symbolise?

Also, it seems that when I'm in team selection view, I can't always see my whole list on the left hand side. Rookies especially seem to drop in and out.

Thanks for the game though. I can see you've really put a lot of effort into it.

Purchased this game yesterday and been having a play.

Is there somewhere where I can see a 'key' of what all the symbols next to players names means? And what the different colours symbolise?

Also, it seems that when I'm in team selection view, I can't always see my whole list on the left hand side. Rookies especially seem to drop in and out.

Thanks for the game though. I can see you've really put a lot of effort into it.

Star=in team
Arrows=interchange
Exclamation point=not match fit
Zzz=tired

The graduated blue indicates overall skill.

Will look into the rookies thing, they're not meant to appear if not elevated and thought I had fixed that. Thanks!

Seem to have a small issue with reserves? Players will play on the weekend and also in the reserves while some players wont play at all, have I just missed something somewhere?

I'll have a closer look. The reserves code is horribly complex, so it's likely something is mis-firing somewhere.

If it's just the news item that has been fixed, though. Last version it listed every player on your team that played on a the
day the reserves played, not just the reserves

Can I make a little recommendation?
Personally, I'm not too keen on the New Star font, can I recommend using the Din font family. It's probably a bit better looking than the current one.
ec4d3b24d1d00fc6ee6dccb858774bb1.jpg

Can I make a little recommendation?
Personally, I'm not too keen on the New Star font, can I recommend using the Din font family. It's probably a bit better looking than the current one.

I had a play with a couple commercial rights-free fonts including one from the FF Din family and I agree, they do look a bit better. I won't be making any changes at the moment though because the value of the current typeface is it's incredibly condensed, and there are a couple areas in the game that make use of that, so I can't just drop it into the next version without doing a full audit. Trying to push the next version out in a matter of minutes. Also it appears the table height is dependent upon the font height, and the font heights vary.

EDIT: Fun with fonts. Any thoughts?
Capture_test.PNG

Last edited:
I had a play with a couple commercial rights-free fonts including one from the FF Din family and I agree, they do look a bit better. I won't be making any changes at the moment though because the value of the current typeface is it's incredibly condensed, and there are a couple areas in the game that make use of that, so I can't just drop it into the next version without doing a full audit. Trying to push the next version out in a matter of minutes. Also it appears the table height is dependent upon the font height, and the font heights vary.

EDIT: Fun with fonts. Any thoughts?
Capture_test.PNG
Yeah that looks much better. Not exactly perfect, but it's definitely a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got it and I don't like it very much.
Some good aspects but overall it's broken to shit.
Lewis Pierce player of the year?
So many issues with it that I don't think will ever get resolved, I requested a refund but I'm pretty sure that I've just played too much for me to qualify for a refund. Never requested a refund but I think it has to be under 2 hours and I've played just over 2.

I got it and I don't like it very much.
Some good aspects but overall it's broken to shit.
Lewis Pierce player of the year?
So many issues with it that I don't think will ever get resolved, I requested a refund but I'm pretty sure that I've just played too much for me to qualify for a refund. Never requested a refund but I think it has to be under 2 hours and I've played just over 2.
Yeah, has to be under 2 hours.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it for the price. It was fun for a muck-around for a while, but it's really not very polished and it's hard to enjoy it as something that seeks to simulate managing a club. PC 2011, despite its own problems, is still an overall more well-rounded product. I was hoping this game would get better with continual improvements; once some bugs and major gameplay hurdles were figured out, I think it would have been a lot better; however, the dev has been silent for several months now. If it were only a couple of dollars, I'd say give it a try, but the current price tag is far too steep for what it is.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it for the price. It was fun for a muck-around for a while, but it's really not very polished and it's hard to enjoy it as something that seeks to simulate managing a club. PC 2011, despite its own problems, is still an overall more well-rounded product. I was hoping this game would get better with continual improvements; once some bugs and major gameplay hurdles were figured out, I think it would have been a lot better; however, the dev has been silent for several months now. If it were only a couple of dollars, I'd say give it a try, but the current price tag is far too steep for what it is.
yeah man cheers, i heard that ruck man get the most possessions every game

Yeah, has to be under 2 hours.

Must have been lucky then, got a refund for it.

It should be at most 4.99 but it should be free, to be honest.
I honestly haven't looked into the game too much and I'm happy to support these type of games, but there would need to be a lot of communication from the developers and updates to improve the game.

Considering it came out in September last year, some of the issues in the game which should be easy to fix haven't even been addressed.

Hopefully will have a 2018 database update with the current version out within the next couple weeks or so. Also working on a completely new version of the game with a completely redone GUI.

Unfortunately like most AFL games this one won't make that much money even with all the polish in the world, and since the game's Steam release (it had been released and continually updated for three years before going on Steam) the current version is sort of as far along as it can go because of the GUI and there have been too many other projects in the way of working on the new version. I'm not sure I'm in love with the new GUI either but am going to struggle to pay a decent graphic designer to help polish it.

I'm also always curious as to what users think the "major gameplay hurdles" are as well - have gotten some very positive reviews from some users and some very negative reviews from others, but the struggle with the negative reviews is they aren't specific enough to help improve the game. A great negative review is one which specifically highlights a particular problem.

Also the goal has always been to make the game as flexible as possible with the thought you should be able to play from the 1890's to the current day, and a lot of the best code written is in place to help set up that idea, but users don't really see that yet. The new version even has a separate women's league already working properly that runs at the same time as the rest of the game. The hope is this can be fully realized in the next couple years.

I'm fine to help polish it free of charge if need be! This game was heaps of fun and has so much potential because of how extensive it is and is ready to be.

Well, the new version is still a ways off, and there may be enough polishing to do where there's a small paid contract. I appreciate the offer, though - you certainly were helpful with the fonts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back