Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

AngelEyes said:
My god, are you and all the judges on the same drugs. Channel butchered a classic Beatles song. It was deplorable...really.
[/rant]

you have no idea - Chanel was very good last night.

Actually I can understand a lot of people not liking Chanel - she has a niche market. She aims at the cultured and sophisticated and most people who vote are teeny boppers who vote on looks so I would not be surprised if she went tonight.

leonmagic said:
Australian Idol is the most pathetically embarrasing television 'show' this great country has ever produced - and that's saying something.

The disgustingly untalented jokes that get up on that stage and attempt to fool people that they are 'average or above' is simply insulting, and there is no other proof of this than the fact that that dud Shannon Noll was able to come top 2, let alone that unbearable bitch Guy Sebastian actually winning something.

The sooner this country stops copying every single ********ing our american friends do, the better.

I mean, what a bloody country to copy... :rolleyes:

Australian Idol = run by little teeny-bopper girls and their tart mothers.

Thankyou, and goodnight. :)

Every singer gets a start somewhere - what does it matter if it's on Idol or in a local pub.

Anyway, Idol is a British concept not an American one so get your facts right. :rolleyes:

Good to see that tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in Australia.

Well, I refuse to watch this show any more.

With Ricki-Lee voted out it shows that the show is a complete farce and moronic little girls do most of the voting.

Ricki-Lee has been the most consistent standout performer and for her to go out now is just crap!

choc_a_holic said:
Poor casey...for once they didn't be nice to her just because her age and typical low teenage self esteem issues..

Are you kidding? You're suggesting they are nice to her because she's big? Casey has a terrific voice, but she just had an absolute shocker last night. She deserved the wrath of the judges.

So Ricki-Lee was voted off? Can't really understand why, with performances like some of those given last night. I've only seen her sing once or twice before last night, including when she did Proud Mary - her voice was excellent. Good performer, even if the way she carried on last night did irritate me.

Anthony should have gone probably, but I guess he's popular with the younger teenage girls? :confused:

As for Dicko...I think he was within his rights to say what he said last night about the industry. He's been in the industry, even if doesn't sing. He's not stupid. (I never thought I'd say that.) Just can't understand why Marcia got so worked up last night.

Hmm. At least they're all better singers than Guy.

(eek! Look at me! Getting all worked up about Idol! Something's really wrong...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BomberGal said:
Hmm. At least they're all better singers than Guy.

Haha :D That's gold...sure, I understand, it's all opinion, but really, that's laughable. Anyway...

The problem last night was the majority of the Idols changed the Beatles' songs too drastically, without actually improving them, or at least making them sound half decent. The only ones that were any good to the ear (Chanel, Hayley, Marty, Courtney) had reasonably subtle changes and retained much of the Beatles' original sound.

Anthony, Casey and Ricki Lee needlessly hurt my ear drums by trying too hard to interpret the songs, change them around and put their own stamp on them. That's useless if it sounds worse than the original!

Ricki Lee was probably unlucky to leave, as she's a good performer, has charisma and a good voice, but she stuffed up badly on Sunday and someone had to go. It's just the nature of the show, and by the sounds of her deteriorating vocal chords, she could probably do with the rest.

And finally, thank god for Dicko, an honest, straight, fortright, man amidst the excruciating pair that sit to his right. If you want the real lowdown on how someone has performed, listen to his comments. And as someone has said, Marcia is utterly useless!

It was interesting to see that Ricki-Lee went last night. It looks like alot of her votes must have gone to Anthony this week (goodness knows why).
I can't believe that Chanel was in the bottom 3, and Casey wasn't.
I am a huge Chanel fan- she doesn't conform to the typical Idol image, she produces innovative performances every week, and she isn't scared to be herself- whether people like that or not.

For those that bag Idol- I enjoy it, because I ignore the 'issues' of the whole concept. At the end of the day, it is just entertainment- not a matter of life and death!

it's a joke that Casey wasn't at least in the bottom 3 after her effort - her song was a shocker, especially when she forgot the words! Why would people reward her for that effort by voting for her?

Ricki-Lee should still be there ahead of half that crop, been the most consistent idol throughout and i thought should've won the comp - so was unlucky to go after her first bad night. I don't watch inside idol but what was Chanel saying - they made R-Lee out to be a snotty bitch or something?? Was this a factor?

Hard to see Anthony not winning from here, unless Courtney pulls something out of the bag soon.

DIG said:
it's a joke that Casey wasn't at least in the bottom 3 after her effort - her song was a shocker, especially when she forgot the words! Why would people reward her for that effort by voting for her?

Ricki-Lee should still be there ahead of half that crop, been the most consistent idol throughout and i thought should've won the comp - so was unlucky to go after her first bad night. I don't watch inside idol but what was Chanel saying - they made R-Lee out to be a snotty bitch or something?? Was this a factor?

Hard to see Anthony not winning from here, unless Courtney pulls something out of the bag soon.

I predicted either Hayley or Chanel but I didn't know about that Inside Idol stuff. If I did would definitely have included Ricki Lee.

Casey gets saved each week because the female voting audience aren't threatened by her.

Chanel is different/quirky so she has a big red target painted on her back at the moment. Its a shame really because she is by far the most interesting contestant of them all. Unfortunately she won't last another fortnight no matter how well performs.

Hayley is relatively harmless and her blandness has gotten her this far already.

Marty just isn't good enough.

Courtney probably deserves to win but most probably will come second.

Anthony could probably mumble his way through the next 5 weeks and he will still win.

I find it quite amusing that generally the people who buy Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne, Britney Speares etc are the ones who do the majority of the voting in this competition.

So the people with no taste (musically) are the ones deciding who has the best voice !!!!!

Explain that for me.

What a shocking decision. Ricki-Lee was easily the best of that group.

The only way to get the right winner is to accumulate all the votes every week, so that it is judged on an all-round performance. But the TV stations woul dnever go for this cos then they wouldn't get as many people voting and wouldn't make as much money.

As for Chanel...I didn't see her performance in full but from the highlights I saw, I cannot possibly see how people could have loved it so much. It sounded absolutely ghastly. Sounded like a clip from one of those 'unforgettables'. And I'm sick of her getting a good deal just cos she's 'different', 'unique' or whatever word they want to use to describe her.

Chanel: sounded like a weak attempt to emulate the Björk version of Across The Universe from the I Am Sam soundtrack

Anthony: total crap, pass the bucket

Casey: Eleanor Rigby in a rock opera? pass the bucket

Marty: He performed very well. second best on the night

Hayley: very ordinary, I agree with Mark Holden about her. She's only still going because of horny teenage boys.

Courtney: had a little bit of trouble with holding his notes in a couple of notes, but apart from that was great, best performance of the night

Ricki-Lee: sounded to me like she was the most talented of the girls, but her interpretation was absolutely deplorable

benny's buddy said:
What a shocking decision. Ricki-Lee was easily the best of that group.

The only way to get the right winner is to accumulate all the votes every week, so that it is judged on an all-round performance. But the TV stations woul dnever go for this cos then they wouldn't get as many people voting and wouldn't make as much money.

As for Chanel...I didn't see her performance in full but from the highlights I saw, I cannot possibly see how people could have loved it so much. It sounded absolutely ghastly. Sounded like a clip from one of those 'unforgettables'. And I'm sick of her getting a good deal just cos she's 'different', 'unique' or whatever word they want to use to describe her.

If u understand anything about music, u will identify that it was chanell who hit all her notes, and sounded the best.stop bagging her cos of wat u read in the crap magazines

This is a repost from the general chat board. Ok, not that I am an Oz Idol watcher, we just watch the last 10 mins of each MOnday show to see them get kicked out, so I can;t really comment on how all the other Idol's sang.

My understanding is that she is a great talent with a great voice and on that judgement should not be kicked out.

BUT

It was Beatles night, and she sang a not very well known Beatles song, and she mutilated it. They are arguably the biggest influence on popular music in history, everyone knows them, can sing along, and can judge, but she decided that See It My Way would be better as some sort of R&B Diva croon (yeah like she should know better than Lennon and McCartney) and paid a hefty hefty price.

There are many many more Beatles songs that may have been open for some interpretation, but not that one to such a massive extent. Great voice, SHOCKING bastardisation of a classic. She sang the bad version well, but not enough.

Anyway - It was not the worst decision the Australian public made over the weekend.

sinepari said:
If u understand anything about music, u will identify that it was chanell who hit all her notes, and sounded the best.stop bagging her cos of wat u read in the crap magazines

I understand that I don't like her style. Yes, she may hit all her notes, but that doesn't mean it's pleasant to listen to. Just because I don't like her and you do, it doesn't make you right, nor does it make me right. I'm allowed to bloody well think whatever I like about people.

And for your information, I don't read any magazines that talk about idol so maybe you should get your facts straight before you accuse people of things.

Shame Ricki-Lee went, but guess that should give Haley a better chance. Gotta keep at least one of the ok lookers going through.

How the hell did casey escape bottom three let alone not get kicked out?

Anyway, go Courtney!

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back