Australian Open 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering whats going on with the Pay-TV coverage this year? Channel 7 always do a pretty good job, but the last 3 or 4 years, Fox Sports have covered the outside court matches, & shown replays on the RLA matches overnight. It seems they aren't providing any coverage this year though :mad:

no pay tv coverage atall and you are pulling legs with call about 7 doing a pretty good job

Worst I've ever seen Djokovic play. Surely/hopefully he was taking the piss.

Was there. He was.

i really do believe verdasco can win the tournement this year. that big serve is going to help him

If it was an outdoor tournament he'd be a top show. Unfortunately for him Centre Court is not in his favour.

Is it me or is that home players for other grand slams get it easier

No. They're just infinitely better than us.

Gutless TA handing out heaps of WCs and QWCs to undeserving Australians every year who just fart around in challengers all year safe in the knowledge that they won't have to properly earn their shot in the Aus Open/Sydney/Brisbane etc...

your telling me in this technological age it isnt possible

It is the players fault for not winning enough matches to be seeded. If you are unseeded you run the risks of being dealt difficult opponenets first up.

It is the players fault for not winning enough matches to be seeded. If you are unseeded you run the risks of being dealt difficult opponenets first up.
im talking about the 'electronic draw'

computers only do what we tell them to do......maybe im getting too cynical heading towards my 30's

agree with rickets though - Its a shame the current board of TA are still there....its like the clueless leading the blind

Well you would have to say that this years tournament looks to be one of the most exciting in a few years, on both the Women's and Men's side of the draw. With Henin and Clijsters back it definitely makes the Women's draw a lot stronger and also much more interesting to watch.

Mens:

The Men's draw is ridiculously loaded. Right now, tennis is in an excellent state in terms of contenders and players who can match it with Fed and Nadal. Roddick, Djokovic, Murray, Delpo, Davydenko, Tsonga, Verdasco, Cilic, Soderling. It is going to be one hell of a grand slam.

Fed has made something like 19 Grand Slam semi finals in a row. How can you pick against that? I am making the call now, if the weather stays on the cool side and his early round matches don't go too long, there is someone who can beat him before the semis. That is Davydenko. I have the feeling that he is ready to do something at a grand slam. It would be a long time coming, but I predict he will make the semis at least this year, but most likely the final. His 4th round opponent is Verdasco, who will be a tough opponent. However, Verdasco has semi final points to defend from last year and I think this pressure will affect him. My only worry with Davydenko is the speed of the courts. Davy likes a faster surface, and the plexi-cushion is quite slow. This factor might be his downfall.

The second 1/4 of the draw has a number of players that could make the semis. Novak has not had a serious lead up match and this worries me. However his form late in the year was impressive and he made a lot of semis last year. He needs to be serving well to make it through his quarter, and with the lack of match play, he might struggle to make it through. A Tsonga-Soderling 4th round would be a big bash affair, but I actually see Soderling make it to the quarters against Novak.

3rd quarter. I see a Roddick Cilic Quarter final with Cilic making it to the semis. I see this being Cilic's breakout slam and making the semi finals.

4th quarter. Will have the match of the tournament with a Nadal-Murray 1/4 final. Think it will go to 5 sets with Nadal winning it.

Final prediction: Nadal def Davydenko in 4 sets.

**Aus Open is famous for the bolter, a player not expected to do much and making the semi/final. So hard to predict who this person will be, but my guess is Cilic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. They're just infinitely better than us.

Gutless TA handing out heaps of WCs and QWCs to undeserving Australians every year who just fart around in challengers all year safe in the knowledge that they won't have to properly earn their shot in the Aus Open/Sydney/Brisbane etc...

There's no real point in giving them to any one else, though, except on the occasion that a really quality player drops outside the top 104 through injury/retirement (i.e. Henin).

No different really to Roland Garros or the US Open.

Awesome work mate.:thumbsu: More thorough and insightful than anything you see in the paper.

enjoyed reading this :thumbsu:

Two thumbs up to both of you :thumbsu::thumbsu: for knowing how to quote long posts (ie. by not quoting the whole ****ing thing :rolleyes:)

For anyone with an iPhone, make sure you get the free official Australian Open application from Tennis Australia which was just released last week

ausopen2.jpg

Well Guys, melbourne has turned on some wet weather today, dunno about matches..

Been pouring rain and hail on and off this morning. I don't expect play before 1pm atleast. Fingers crossed the rain blows over but I still see plenty of dark precipitous clouds.

Been pouring rain and hail on and off this morning. I don't expect play before 1pm atleast. Fingers crossed the rain blows over but I still see plenty of dark precipitous clouds.

The radar looks pretty clear at the moment, looks like the rain has pretty much past. Hopefully the courts are covered up well so when 11:00 am hits there isn't too much of a delay.

looks to have cleared but i can still se very dark clouds around the house, i live very close to Melboure park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back