ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Aussie Open.

Aussie Open in our Summer is a great tradition. So is Novak winning it. I hope he does it again.

Who could get in his way? Sinner? Medvedev? Alcaraz?

Will Tsitsipas be healthy for it and can he old up? Can Ben Shelton go deep again. Semi Finals of the US Open and knocked out Popyrin last year. Korda K.O'ing Med was a surprise for me.

Gonna be a ripping tournament and I'm loving the games over here in Brisbane and around Oz with the Cup games.

Close, 8 lol. She really needs to develop some net game, too often she’s in control of the rallies but just stays glued to the baseline.

Typical of a young player the transition game games time

Love the Aussie Open.

Aussie Open in our Summer is a great tradition. So is Novak winning it. I hope he does it again.

Who could get in his way? Sinner? Medvedev? Alcaraz?

Will Tsitsipas be healthy for it and can he old up? Can Ben Shelton go deep again. Semi Finals of the US Open and knocked out Popyrin last year. Korda K.O'ing Med was a surprise for me.

Gonna be a ripping tournament and I'm loving the games over here in Brisbane and around Oz with the Cup games.

Sinner is the no1 danger but I still worry about his style going deep spends a lot of energy winning matches early. Best of 3 is different to best of 5.

Tsisipas is no hope at all.

Wouldn’t rule Alcatraz out and he’s the safe bet for a semi.

Hope Shelton loses first round can’t stand him

Purcell consecutive blown volleys as he goes down a break in the third.

Keeping an eye on Animisova in her return, looks decent. The unbelievable ball striking still there.

Good match between Mannarino and Zverev also in Sydney, the Frenchman takes the first.

Purcell consecutive blown volleys as he goes down a break in the third.

Keeping an eye on Animisova in her return, looks decent. The unbelievable ball striking still there.

Good match between Mannarino and Zverev also in Sydney, the Frenchman takes the first.

Watching Amimisova myself great match

Good glad the brat is gone did he do that ridiculous phone thing while he lost lol

Us Open Tennis Sport GIF by US Open
Us Open Tennis Sport GIF by US Open

I went to the UC on Saturday night in Perth Poland v Brazil. I had a brilliant seat Row A could see everything, excellent value for $40. The main issue I see with having matches at RAC arena is the cost of food and drinks as you are not allow to bring anything into the venue, although I brought a bit of chocolate and a Polish fan in my row brought a big container of cashews, goodness knows how he got that pass security. The arena was only a third fill not sure why. Perth has a big Polish and Brazil population and the crowd was pro Poland. Maybe because it was the day before NYE.
Iga does not show any emotion on court she was so focus and her ball striking was so impressive. I was surprised by Haddia Mia I thought she was a lot louder when playing but she is actually quiet, no grunting. The men's match was fantastic, Seyborn Wild played fantastic and all the neutrals were right behind him. I didn't stay for the doubles.
Even last night for Aus v USA wasn't fill perhaps as most people went back to work today. I would like to know how the UC is tracking in regards to numbers. One thing I think would be great is meet and greet players, signing autographs in a fan space. They did this when the Hopman Cup was played in a different venue and it was fantastic.
Maybe Mark P could coach the No 2 Greek male player. I hope there is a coach out there who think they could coach and get the best out of him. Yet again Tsitsipas picks up an injury.
Well done to the Aus team in getting to the quarters. ADM played really well but perhaps Fritz was hampered by his leg injury he picked up the day before. He really shouldn't had played the mixed doubles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to the UC on Saturday night in Perth Poland v Brazil. I had a brilliant seat Row A could see everything, excellent value for $40. The main issue I see with having matches at RAC arena is the cost of food and drinks as you are not allow to bring anything into the venue, although I brought a bit of chocolate and a Polish fan in my row brought a big container of cashews, goodness knows how he got that pass security. The arena was only a third fill not sure why. Perth has a big Polish and Brazil population and the crowd was pro Poland. Maybe because it was the day before NYE.
Iga does not show any emotion on court she was so focus and her ball striking was so impressive. I was surprised by Haddia Mia I thought she was a lot louder when playing but she is actually quiet, no grunting. The men's match was fantastic, Seyborn Wild played fantastic and all the neutrals were right behind him. I didn't stay for the doubles.
Even last night for Aus v USA wasn't fill perhaps as most people went back to work today. I would like to know how the UC is tracking in regards to numbers. One thing I think would be great is meet and greet players, signing autographs in a fan space. They did this when the Hopman Cup was played in a different venue and it was fantastic.
Maybe Mark P could coach the No 2 Greek male player. I hope there is a coach out there who think they could coach and get the best out of him. Yet again Tsitsipas picks up an injury.
Well done to the Aus team in getting to the quarters. ADM played really well but perhaps Fritz was hampered by his leg injury he picked up the day before. He really shouldn't had played the mixed doubles.
Are you serious? You can’t bring any of your own food!? That’s actually insane.

Shelton and Korda both lose early in Brisbane.

Kiss of death by me there., Greece is also 0-1 and could be heading for an early exit as well.

Can you tip Sheldon in the AO so he loses first round

Thanks in advance

I don't understand why the roof is closed at RAC arena its cloudy but no sign of rain. A little wind but its been windy over the past few days. Open the roof FFS.

That would be up to Novak.

Arina winning back to back WTA matches in 2024. I might not be so old…

Remove this Banner Ad

ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back