FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if 9 people vote for Tessa, and only Tessa votes for Lochie, then it looks like everyone was on board with the alliance still, and nobody is a flipper
Ok.. still.. high risk, or just completely ignorant of the fact votes could be split

Ok.. still.. high risk, or just completely ignorant of the fact votes could be split

Yep. I'm not sold on the reasoning, but it's the only angle I could think of

The way it turned out, it wouldn't have made a difference tonight

Because if 9 people vote for Tessa, and only Tessa votes for Lochie, then it looks like everyone was on board with the alliance still, and nobody is a flipper

He wouldn't have written that message to Tessa on the parchment if that was the reason.

There is very selective editing on this show which i understand from some stand point as to allow the viewers to understand what's going on.

But I hope they aren't just showing us the "key players" who will end up making the final 10.
I feel as though so far all we have seen are:
Pink tribe:
- Tessa
- Tara
- Jarred
- Lachy
- Ak

Blue tribe:
-Jericho
- Zen Hen
- Luke
- Mark
- Sarah
- Kent

The dude with the fussy hair, odette, ziggy, and a few others haven't even been shown in a single private interview yet

Yep. I'm not sold on the reasoning, but it's the only angle I could think of

The way it turned out, it wouldn't have made a difference tonight

When tarzan chatted with lachie about him also voting tess that ****ed it for tarzans plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the message?

What drd23 said, but just to follow up on it, the vote was consistent with his persona. Doesn't want to hurt people's feelings so he votes for somebody he knows is going to play the idol, effectively not casting a ballot at all (which is easier to do if you know you're going home anyway).

Any chance that the decision by the alliance to split the votes was due to a snap response to the poorly hidden confidence of Tessa and Tarzan and that it wasn't actually AK's fault?

To bring in a wildcard in AK was incredibly risky; to then not vote for the guy you were desperate to blindside and hope one (certain) vote would be enough was doomed to fail. At the time and I expect in retrospect, Tarzan was looking at the long game, when he should have just been focused on surviving a couple more days and making it to a tribe switch. In retrospect, he should have either told Tess only, or told no-one (to prevent Tess from revealing anything) and just played the idol on her behalf.

I'm no Survivor guru, but just curious: what would happen to you if you just said "Stuff it" and took the firewood AND the jar of cookies?

Any chance that the decision by the alliance to split the votes was due to a snap response to the poorly hidden confidence of Tessa and Tarzan and that it wasn't actually AK's fault?

Not at tribal. Most tribal's are pre-determined and if it is a live TC, it is much more chaotic.

AK made the right move. Shouldn't have been a 2nd idol on the beach so early in the game though IMO. Bit staged for my liking.

It's always going to look that way when it's edited down, as the viewer we don't have enough info to credibly speculate. When it comes to idols, there are 3 things we know for sure, which I think are often overlooked:

1) If you're desperate enough, you'll spend all day looking for the idol
2) If you spend all day looking for the idol, you're a good chance to find it
3) If you spend all day looking for the idol, you're going to be noticeably absent from camp and that puts/amplifies the target on your back

Jericho should get penalised for sharing the cookies against the rules.

I'm no Survivor guru, but just curious: what would happen to you if you just said "Stuff it" and took the firewood AND the jar of cookies?

You'd assume there'd be a producer standing right there off camera to clarify/enforce any rules which aren't met or are too complicated to fit in a limerick on fancy paper.

It's the same as, for example, not being able to vote for yourself. You don't spontaneously combust upon attempting the feat.

Power Rankings

Movers:

Henry and Jericho move to the top of the chain after their alliance formed. Given Samantha and Mark appear as the leaders, these two can definitely go under the radar in their tribe for the next few votes.

Sliders:

Locky
has made himself to known as the leader and has put a big target on his back. Still seems pretty popular though and should be fine until a tribe swap.

1. Henry (A) (+2)
  2. Jericho (A) (+2)
  3. Jarrad (S) (-2)
  4. Jacqui (A) (-2)
  5. Luke (A)
  6. Ziggy (S) (+1)
  7. Aimee (S) (+1)
  8. Peter(S) (+1)
  9. Locky (S) (-3)
  10. AK (S)
  11. Odette (A)
  12. Michelle (A)
  13. Sarah (A)
  14. Ben (A)
  15. Kent (A)
  16. Mark W (A)
  17. Annaliese (S) (+1)
  18. Tara (S) (+1)
  19. Samantha (A) (+1)
  20. Tessa (S) (+1)

For all we know the alliance always planned to split the vote and it wasn't shown to give hope to the blindside working
They're being a lot subtler on the edit this season, so I think this is one of 2 distinct possibilities.

The other possibility is Tarzan screwed himself - after finding the idol he marches straight up to Lochie announcing he'll be voting for Tessa and inquiring whether they are splitting the votes/have a alternate if she has the idol - after the conversation finishes audio from Lochie is played where he wonders why Tarzan would change his mind now.

I think it is significant that moments after Tarzan put forth his theory that AK ratted on him, that AK's audio was played over his vote reveal (the only person to have their voting audio accompany their vote) which seemed to rebut that theory.

Whichever scenario is true, Tarzan couldn't have played things much worse.
- Finds the idol then immediately acts out of character
- When your only play is hoping the majority are stupid, reveal the idol to 2 people which raises the prospect of the news getting out or Tessa stops scrambling/acts smug at tribal
- Decide to vote off the strongest tribe member after losing 3 straight immunity challenges
- Nullify your own vote at tribal. If AK doesn't vote with Tessa, one person being cheeky or tossing out a random vote scuppers your plan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back