FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
37th best maybe. Played 4 times now. Never won. 36 other contestants have (36 US seasons)

Just because you have won it doesn't mean you were the best player. There have been plenty of winners in that 36 that were boring as bat shit with terrible game play. Russell Hantz was a game changer and in my mind it's those sorts of players that deserve the title. Compare that to season 31 where Jeremy Collins won largely because he dropped the "my wife is pregnant" bomb at the final tribal. :$ Tasha or Spencer were by far more deserving of that seasons title.

Rewarding game changing players I feel is now becoming part of the survivor (American) culture rather than the feel good final tribal vote. It's taken a while but the players that come in respect it and are beginning to reward it. Season 34 was a good example of this with Ben Driebergen taking it out with game changing moments and moments where he was the villain. Previous villains (i.e. Russel Hantz) were spat on as being nasty and not deserving of the title. Had Russell played in modern survivor I reckon he would had won it.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. There was that Nick guy in the first season back who played like a run of the mill American player and he was treated like Satan himself by the superfriends group of Survivor novices who were running the show. He would have seemed completely unremarkable in last year's group and probably would have gone a lot further. And that's how this year is shaping up so far.

Is it time now to discuss Jackie's strategy of lying about being a professional poker player and pretending to be a puzzle master?
  • Firstly, who in their right mind would think that admitting to being a poker player would put too much of a target on their backs and think 'I know, I'll pretend to be brilliant at puzzles! That won't make anyone wary of me on Survivor!'
  • Secondly, I'm no poker buff, but if she's really that good, isn't there at least a decent chance that out of 20-odd contestants, at least one would know exactly who she is?
  • Thirdly, when she is called in to use her puzzle skills to win a challenge and is found wanting, what then?
Stock standard in every survivor season
- player claims to be an expert at puzzles
- players flops big time in the first puzzle challenge they have

Is it time now to discuss Jackie's strategy of lying about being a professional poker player and pretending to be a puzzle master?
  • Firstly, who in their right mind would think that admitting to being a poker player would put too much of a target on their backs and think 'I know, I'll pretend to be brilliant at puzzles! That won't make anyone wary of me on Survivor!'
  • Secondly, I'm no poker buff, but if she's really that good, isn't there at least a decent chance that out of 20-odd contestants, at least one would know exactly who she is?
  • Thirdly, when she is called in to use her puzzle skills to win a challenge and is found wanting, what then?
My brother in the states, who is a poker player and goes to Vegas quite often, knows who she is. I texted him her name. His quote about her: "She has been somewhat successful in poker." I guess since she didn't get voted out tonight that she has been somewhat successful in Survivor.

Not sure about that. There was that Nick guy in the first season back who played like a run of the mill American player and he was treated like Satan himself by the superfriends group of Survivor novices who were running the show. He would have seemed completely unremarkable in last year's group and probably would have gone a lot further. And that's how this year is shaping up so far.

Is there even such a profession as a puzzle master?

Give it time .... he is actually quite a nice fella , just can be very odd .
I think he developed the oddness when we had him. :p

In your world 36 + 1 = something other than 37? Grab a flotation device - you're drowning in stereotypes.

Dude as another poster showed you, your 36+1 formula was bullshit. Less than 36 winners.

#broady
#broady4eva
#shaznme
#me&mematesmate
#mates4eva
#rotties4eva
#dougiesonthecricketclub4eva
#rootinmesisteragaintonightbecausethemissuskickedmeoutagain4eva
#hasanyonegotanywinnieblues
#****ingexmissushasthekids
#googlinghowdoiremovetattofexmissusname4evafrommechest

Regularly spotted at Coles in the middle of winter nights wearing thongs , tank top and running shorts
Hey, I live in Keilor(East) too. That's normal winter wear around here. You should know that. Been to Highpoint? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling Russell couldn't GAF and his heart wasn't in it, hence not playing the idol.
Maybe, but I honestly reckon it was the right move, create chaos with votes flying everywhere, and see what happens. Option 2 was play it and be straight out next time, or if this move came off, vote 2 he still has an idol and then that might be enough to get him to a tribe swap to shake things up, it was a high risk, high reward play, and in this scenario it didn't come off.

Hey, I live in Keilor(East) too. That's normal winter wear around here. You should know that. Been to Highpoint? ;)
Highpoint? Have a headache just thinking about it
I believe they call Brian’s get up the Caroline Springs tuxedo

Who was the moron saying you dont need to play the game yet because keep a unified tribe? Someone has to go at tribal council. Now Russell is gone, so what happens at the next one?
What should the moron have said? "Yes it's time to go crazy and start slitting each other's throats"?

God forbid somebody on this show gives generic answers at TC that don't blow up their own game!

Just because you have won it doesn't mean you were the best player. There have been plenty of winners in that 36 that were boring as bat shit with terrible game play. Russell Hantz was a game changer and in my mind it's those sorts of players that deserve the title. Compare that to season 31 where Jeremy Collins won largely because he dropped the "my wife is pregnant" bomb at the final tribal. :$ Tasha or Spencer were by far more deserving of that seasons title.
So Jeremy wasn't deserving of the title but conned the whole jury into giving him the million? Sounds like pretty good gameplay to me.

Rewarding game changing players I feel is now becoming part of the survivor (American) culture rather than the feel good final tribal vote. It's taken a while but the players that come in respect it and are beginning to reward it. Season 34 was a good example of this with Ben Driebergen taking it out with game changing moments and moments where he was the villain. Previous villains (i.e. Russel Hantz) were spat on as being nasty and not deserving of the title. Had Russell played in modern survivor I reckon he would had won it.

I don't think you and I were watching the same season here?! Those other two played an awful game (maybe im on my own here so) IMO in that season Jeremy was in control basically the whole time and you don't get a 10-0-0 pity vote win c'mon. I believe there is more controversy over the Ben one you mentioned instead of Jeremy's, but agree to disagree.
Ben did have good social game still, Russell will always fail in that aspect I mean he didn't even know Lydia's name, that speaks volume of his social play. It's simple he will go down as one of the best strategic players ever, but still quite possibly the worst social players ever, you can't win like that.

So much for Russell being a great game player, making the rookie mistake of going out while still holding an idol.

He probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway since he had a massive target on his back due to his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back