Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

like who? (if we are doing like for like)

probably better off picking the next best spinner, whoever that is.
Yeah interesting don't mind the horses for courses approach ...but he is getting on

I see they are advocating for head to open....which I said at the beginning when Warner left...as head is better in asian conditions at the top of the order

if Maxie is going to replace someone ...for me it would have to be mitch marsh who is just not suited for subcontinent conditions

but handscomb sorry ..no way had his time

Yeah interesting don't mind the horses for courses approach ...but he is getting on

I see they are advocating for head to open....which I said at the beginning when Warner left...as head is better in asian conditions at the top of the order

if Maxie is going to replace someone ...for me it would have to be mitch marsh who is just not suited for subcontinent conditions

but handscomb sorry ..no way had his time
No one is seriously suggesting Handscomb, it was just comparing the team from the last time we toured.

Hearing talk that Maxwell,s test career might not be over and being looked at for the test series in asia as the 2nd spinner and batsman.Needs to play more red ball cricket for me which includes shields to be considered.Give a younger all rounder a go.

who would he come in for ?

or would it be only if usman retired and we reshuffled the batting order to accomodate maxy ?

Any reason why it seems like England are playing every 2nd day this year and Australia are going months without any cricket at all?

england traditionally play more tests than any other nation. they've pretty much had a 7 test match home summer for the last 30 years until covid hit.

england rarely play 2 test series as well. they normally make it 3.

england also have added an extra tour outside the WTC in each cycle to date.

note: australia did play 10 away tests last year which was the most they've ever played away in a single year.

each nation gets 3 away tours in a WTC cycle, it just happens that on occasions we play an away series immediately after our summer.

it's the other nations getting shafted with only 12-15 tests in a WTC cycle compared to eng, aust, ind getting 19-22.

Last edited:
Something feels off about Cummins being rested from this tour but playing Major League Cricket.

think cummins only played 3-4 MLC games.

in any case, cummins hardly plays any white ball cricket for australia outside the world cups it seems or feels - even though he is the odi captain.

hazlewood, smith and marsh have already done the job in his absence.

think cummins only played 3-4 MLC games.

in any case, cummins hardly plays any white ball cricket for australia outside the world cups it seems or feels - even though he is the odi captain.

hazlewood, smith and marsh have already done the job in his absence.
Cummins played 6 MLC games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Meredith is considered in even the top ten quicks in Australia is beyond me.
Is he?

He didn't play in the T20WC which puts him behind Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc and Ellis.

And he wasn't in the original squad here, which also puts him behind Abbott, Bartlett and Johnson.

Will Sutherland, Ben Dwarshuis and Lance Morris have also played since Meredith last played for Australia, and throw
in the likes of Richardson x 2, Boland, and probably a few others, he's a fair way back in the queue.

This is a development squad, there's no particular need for these matches other than as glorified practice games. There's nothing to get too hung up about, IMO.

Hazlewoods injury has exposed Australia's paper thin depth . Im hearing that Ray-Gunn has been called up.

olympics-juegos-olimpicos.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back