Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd already looked up.

He then looked back down during the run up, thinking he had 4-5 more steps of the run up to wait.

The bowler surprised him by delivering it early.

Technically should have been a legal ball I think, even if a bit of an underhanded/sneaky way to trick a batter. Akin to a Mankad

I've seen Watt do that before, it's a regular tactic of his so the batsmen should be prepared for it.

That Watt to Inglis dead ball was just out but also Watt would have bowled that ball 300+ times in professional cricket. If you're not ready for it that's very poor preparation from the Australian coaches.

That Watt to Inglis dead ball was just out but also Watt would have bowled that ball 300+ times in professional cricket. If you're not ready for it that's very poor preparation from the Australian coaches.

Agreed but Scotland didn't really contest it, if they did it would have been given.

The gall of Inglis and Stoinis to just stand there and disagree with Watt's 24 yard delivery. It's stuff like this that makes this Australian team hard to like sometimes.
Maybe I need to go the other way and give Australia massive credit for their preparation. They saw Khalid Kail get away with it in the World Cup and realised umps are gonna dead ball it if you back away therefore negating the tactic.

Maybe I need to go the other way and give Australia massive credit for their preparation. They saw Khalid Kail get away with it in the World Cup and realised umps are gonna dead ball it if you back away therefore negating the tactic.

Umpires need to grow a pair. How much more can this be a batsman's game ?

There's a rule I'd change - the front foot should have to at least touch the bowling crease (ie in line with the stumps). Bowling from that far back is taking the piss, IMO.
As the president of the Australian branch of the Mark Watt fan club and as someone who has actually started bowling straight darts off 25 yds as a change up of my straight darts off 22 yds why do you hate me big_e?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back