Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see England apparently doing a decent professional job and Aus shitting the bed. Lucky win but we won't be so fortunate next year.

Btw Head always gets at least a start against England. We don't have anyone who does that except maybe Salt at times or Malan for like a year.

Especially if they keep selecting a fair chunk of this team.....time to cut the cord with the likes of Marsh, Smith, Starc etc....they have had their time....will never know if others are ready if they don't get a run at it.
Do sense though, that if you are current World Cup champs, players will have to be pushed before they walk in the Aussie setup. Ive been saying it for a while by guys like Smith, Warner should have been gone way before their last T20 World Cup campaign and prior campaign.

That 3rd bowling option tonight got absolutely hammered. Cam Green would have made a bit of a difference but something about the balance of that team didn't seem right at Lords. I think you have to play 1 of Inglis or Carey, and 1 of Marnus/Steve Smith. Their a bit too common for me.

Choosing the right batsman and bowlers for the 50 over format a total different kettle of fish to the T20 format. The fact that selectors tried Tim David in the 50 over format shows how clueless they are about team selection. I feel like Abbotts selection has a similar feel about it. He is hardly threatening and went for 62 off his 7 overs. He could have gone for a ton, Mick Lewis style had he bowled his full set. Englands batsman looked to target him from the outset and unsettle him, and he couldn't handle it. Unfortunately giving the limited number of domestic games going around, selectors are basing this team based on reputation or big bash form.

You think the crop coming through are good?

Who???

JFM averages like 20 in FC cricket lol and even in the format his meant to be good at only averages 20.
Your delusional and uneducated if you think that JFM is the standard of what is coming through

i don’t think, i know they are good

Harry Dixon
Kellaway
Reilly Mark
Sam. K
Callum Vidler
Sam Elliot

These are to name a few, plenty more coming through

Don’t comment if you ain’t qualified to, and using JFM as your point proves that

Is Sam Elliott more of a batsman or a bowler? His dad Matt was a test opener. I know he picked a bag this wicket with the ball but its a question I have been asking myself.

Ive only seen bits and parts of him in state and Big Bash cricket.
Bowler

Clearly a bowler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back