Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Poms tried to waste time knowing they were done.
Bowler taking shoe off sock too putting it all back on ,spirit of the game ? I think not/
It’s a mental game, rise above it. Eg everyone in England knew bairstow was out, we just carried on about it to mess with Carey’s head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Short the best since Ponting of good looking hook/pull shots!

How is his red ball form over the last couple of years?

Matt Short the best since Ponting of good looking hook/pull shots!

How is his red ball form over the last couple of years?

Decent but he isn't opening domestically so anyone thinking Matt Short as a test opener is kidding themselves, it aint happening. He's not getting ahead of the 3 in the middle order (Green-Head-Marsh) plus then you have Hardie, etc as that mid order options. Hardie is probably the shadow player for Green just in case something happens.

Decent but he isn't opening domestically so anyone thinking Matt Short as a test opener is kidding themselves, it aint happening. He's not getting ahead of the 3 in the middle order (Green-Head-Marsh) plus then you have Hardie, etc as that mid order options. Hardie is probably the shadow player for Green just in case something happens.
Perhaps the selectors should ask the Vics to try Short as a opener in the upcoming shield games.Nor sure the Vics have established openers in red ball cricket at the moment and not sure what they are doing with Rogers and Harris seems to bat No.3 these days.

Perhaps the selectors should ask the Vics to try Short as a opener in the upcoming shield games.Nor sure the Vics have established openers in red ball cricket at the moment and not sure what they are doing with Rogers and Harris seems to bat No.3 these days.

Who knows Puc not being there helps their decision but point is Short isn't going to be opening especially against India and their attack! It probably is go Smith OR you pick Renshaw who has been the reserve opener the last few tours.

Who knows Puc not being there helps their decision but point is Short isn't going to be opening especially against India and their attack! It probably is go Smith OR you pick Renshaw who has been the reserve opener the last few tours.
I saw Short bat a couple of times in the middle order at the Junction oval last season and looks a good batsman.BUT a big step up from shield to test and not sure how he bats against spin.Will be good that all players in these early shield games will be playing against the best batsman/bowlers in the country for once.To many players have done well in the shield in recent seasons but not performing against the best Australian players.

I saw Short bat a couple of times in the middle order at the Junction oval last season and looks a good batsman.BUT a big step up from shield to test and not sure how he bats against spin.Will be good that all players in these early shield games will be playing against the best batsman/bowlers in the country for once.To many players have done well in the shield in recent seasons but not performing against the best Australian players.

Think he’ll be a good option in limited overs but gut says he’s not a test player then again Marsh was hopeless for years

I wasn’t thinking about him as an opener more a 4-5 if we have to shuffle others up to open or Green not fit.

I wasn’t thinking about him as an opener more a 4-5 if we have to shuffle others up to open or Green not fit.

Green will be fine. The 3 to 6 positions are set. If Marsh isn’t picked it would be for Hardie not a Short type. No way are they moving Green/Head to fit Short in especially against India coming up

Poms tried to waste time knowing they were done.
Bowler taking shoe off sock too putting it all back on ,spirit of the game ? I think not/
If it was the other way around, Im pretty sure Australia would have done the same thing.

I was actually a tad surprised England after that 18th over , hurried things a bit. Hindsight is a great thing but they should have slowed down that 19th and 20th over. Watching the game on TV last night, rain was clearly falling in the 19th over.

If it was the other way around, Im pretty sure Australia would have done the same thing.

I was actually a tad surprised England after that 18th over , hurried things a bit. Hindsight is a great thing but they should have slowed down that 19th and 20th over. Watching the game on TV last night, rain was clearly falling in the 19th over.

gotta be a rule around the deliberate time wasting.

here's food for thought - maybe its a 'time' thing eg. if rain comes down in say the 18th over but are 3 overs behind at that point in time timewise - then it'd mean 21 overs played (constituting a game) and the DLS goes back to a par score at the 18th over.

and maybe if the shoe is on the other foot and say england in front after 18 overs and ahead on DLS , but should've bowled 21 to that point - then tough luck - the 20 overs weren't bowled - we split the points.

put the onus on the team bowling second, to get through their overs.

gotta be a rule around the deliberate time wasting.

here's food for thought - maybe its a 'time' thing eg. if rain comes down in say the 18th over but are 3 overs behind at that point in time timewise - then it'd mean 21 overs played (constituting a game) and the DLS goes back to a par score at the 18th over.

and maybe if the shoe is on the other foot and say england in front after 18 overs and ahead on DLS , but should've bowled 21 to that point - then tough luck - the 20 overs weren't bowled - we split the points.

put the onus on the team bowling second, to get through their overs.
Maybe have a timer throughout the whole innings like they do in T20?

Definitely a grey line in the ODI arena and im still not sure what the appropriate penalties should be.

Maybe have a timer throughout the whole innings like they do in T20?

Definitely a grey line in the ODI arena and im still not sure what the appropriate penalties should be.

time wasting has been going on for years eg. playing for bad light etc

not sure what the answer is.

the umpires need to have the balls and update the fielding captain regularly on how they travelling.

even having the over count on the scoreboard doesn't deter them.

maybe a penalty (i'll throw a number out there) say 15 runs for every over they are behind (no one averages 15 an over in odi or 20/20 so that'd be about right).

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back