Available ruckmen?

Remove this Banner Ad

johnny_barker_27

Senior List
Jul 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We need to score a ruckman at the death tomorrow. But who is available besides Griffin? Mumford and Jolly would both have been great, both gone. Seaby also gone.
Anyone else available?

Someone like Dean Cox for kennedy and mcglynn might cheer me up a bit.

We need to score a ruckman at the death tomorrow. But who is available besides Griffin? Mumford and Jolly would both have been great, both gone. Seaby also gone.
Anyone else available?

Someone like Dean Cox for kennedy and mcglynn might cheer me up a bit.

Would be nice, if we have Kennedy and Mcglynn, both gone to Sydney...

I have nfi whats rucks are left.
I really can't bare another year of Taylor.

You can have Paul Johnson for a 6 pack of VB...

That said you'd be getting ripped off.

As much as I hate him- Josh Fraser would be available. Pea heart but if anyone can get something out of him it'd be Clarkson...

You can have Taylor. We'll buy you a slab.

You can have Taylor. We'll buy you a slab.

Hmmm I do find him amusing from a neutral perspective- but the Dees dont need any help turning the ball over so pass!

Josh Fraser is a real possibility. The Fev to Lions deal is in turmoil, and may collapse (about 5 posts down in that link). The pies are a chance to jump in, which means they'll need some currency which Fraser can provide. Could be worth a crack... Even if the pies dont go for Fev, Fraser would have to consider a move if it were the hawks asking...

Im not a big fan of him but he'd probably be an improvement over your current options.

We may have to settle for the best kid we can get with pick 39 in the draft.

We may have to settle for the best kid we can get with pick 39 in the draft.

Only thing is your window is open now. It'll be open for much longer than normal given how young your list is, but can you win a premiership with Taylor or Renouf rucking? That's an honest question- maybe you can you guys would know more about them than I do...

IF you managed to pick a decent ruckman at pick 39 (and that wouldnt be easy) you'd think itd be at least 2-3 years before they could contribute to the team in a meaningful manner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard Jason Laycock from Essedon ,name mentioned several times in regards to leaving the club for more opportunites. I just wonder if he is on our radar?

He has been injury prone for the last 2 yrs, but could be handy if he gets his body right.

I know a lot will say, we have Bailey, Muston, Thorp all on the injury list at times and we cant carry anymore. I do agree with this, but who else is of high calibre?

Watch Taylor & Renouf excel next year. These 2 guys will step up 2 the plate dont u worry

It's not a question of if they will step up, it's who do we have as backup? Bailey gone for 2010, Walsh injured, Campbell retired and the other guy, who name escapes me right now, is far from ready.

from an outsider looking in i was surprised that the hawks zeroed in on burgoyne instead of jolly. would have thought that they should have moved heaven and earth to get jolly first?

from an outsider looking in i was surprised that the hawks zeroed in on burgoyne instead of jolly. would have thought that they should have moved heaven and earth to get jolly first?

Problem was, Burgoyne came up on the radar LONG before Jolly did. Apparently we were talking with him for quite a while and tried unsucessfully a few years back to get him. So in principle, we made a promise to Burgoyne to go all out for him when he nominated us and we did the right thing by him in sticking it out till the end.

We were never going to go back on that promise and then turn around and offer Sydney pick 9 for Jolly when he came up, unless of course the Burgoyne deal fell through completely.

I too hope Tails and Suzie will step up.

However without someone pressing to take their spot will they get complacent?

I just can't see anyone dealing with us. If they do, they will have to accept some pretty low picks.

Hampson from Carlton? - With Warnock and Kruz next season will not play too much, not class but can do a job for maybe Dowler?

How good is your recruiting network? perhaps they might look at a SANFL, WAFL, VFL 19-23 year old ruckman?

That being said, I think you guys will get involved in the Saint Kilda/Collingwood trade with you giving something to Saint Kilda, Saint Kilda giving Ball to Collingwood and Collingwood giving you guys Fraser. If he can stay fit then he will be ok, could do a lot worse, and after this year you are due for a good run of injuries...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back