Available ruckmen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Pedersen anyone? 2 weeks ago every second thread was on him and everyone seems to have forgotten already. He would be perfect as he can play KP as well as ruck so could spend time in the Backline if needed and has leadership experience.
Sure, he wouldn't take #1 ruck and knock taylor back to the seconds, but as someone that could fill in should we get more injuries or to come in against teams like the kangas when the extra tall/ruck is warranted he would be ideal. hopefully we can still pick him up with one of our many 12th round picks we seem to have traded for...

Cam Pedersen anyone? 2 weeks ago every second thread was on him and everyone seems to have forgotten already. He would be perfect as he can play KP as well as ruck so could spend time in the Backline if needed and has leadership experience.
Sure, he wouldn't take #1 ruck and knock taylor back to the seconds, but as someone that could fill in should we get more injuries or to come in against teams like the kangas when the extra tall/ruck is warranted he would be ideal. hopefully we can still pick him up with one of our many 12th round picks we seem to have traded for...

What are his stats.
Didnt look AFL ruckman size to me on the occasions I have seen him (both live and on tv)

I've found a potential ruckmen and it will cost us next to nothing, especially seeing as though Richmond are going to delist him, plus Hardwick will have no problems doing the right thing by us.

Adam Pattison (Richmond)
Pick: #16 2004 National Draft
Height: 197cm
Weight: 99kg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/troy-symmondss-big-surprise/story-e6frf9jf-1225784565850
Troy Symmonds's big surprise
Author: Jon Ralph
Date/Time: Fri Oct 09 00:00:00 EST 2009
Simmonds, 31, was dropped to the VFL this year on the last season of a five-year deal and was considered likely to have played his last game.

Instead coach Damian Hardwick and the list management committee have offered him a one-year deal.

That means 23-year-old ruckman Adam Pattison will be moved on, while former No.12 pick Jay Schulz has been swapped for Port Adelaide 20-year-old Mitch Farmer.

Pattison was a No.16 selection in the infamous 2004 national draft, along with Brett Deledio (pick No.1), Richard Tambling (4), Danny Meyer (12) and Dean Polo (20).
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/troy-symmondss-big-surprise/story-e6frf9jf-1225784565850

I would love us to net a half decent Ruckman tomorrow and help give us a reliable backup ruckman for season 2010.

I know it may not be easy with little to pick from.

Otherwise If we dont find one, I would consider picking up Nathan Brown as the perfect replacement for Mark Williams.

Who thinks Shane Tuck might just be a close enough replacement for a Ben Mcglynn type.

Just an idea guys. Would lessen the impact of players we lost this trade, possibly.

Thoughts!

Griffin for picks 39 and 57

u think that would work?

i think we should seriously have one last go for jamie charman!!!

voss said he wouldn't be traded

not the first time he lied this week ;)

Griffin for picks 39 and 57

u think that would work?

i think we should seriously have one last go for jamie charman!!!

voss said he wouldn't be traded

not the first time he lied this week ;)

it might work. he definitely is not worth a 2nd round pick so our 3rd rounder could do it. and we wont get much with our picks this year by the sounds of it, so we might as well offer the two picks you suggested and then we could call that a successful trade week.

mind you, i am happy with our pickups so far. we got what we were after and what we needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have nfi why we let Kennedy and McGlynn go without pinching one of Sydney's many rucks in return. Maybe we have a plan?

We should go after Fraser. He seems to be out of favour and won't cost much both financially and from Collingwoods demands. Hope we do it. Maybe Charman as well. Either would be better than a punch in the face.

We should go after Fraser. He seems to be out of favour and won't cost much both financially and from Collingwoods demands. Hope we do it. Maybe Charman as well. Either would be better than a punch in the face.

Hadn't really given Fraser much thought until this topic.

Maybe our next best pick and Dowler could get us Nathan Brown and Josh Fraser from the Pies.

I dont think Collingwood will just give up Fraser. He is still in their best 22. Only other real option they have is Wood, and I would argue that Fraser is still a much better ruckman than Wood at the moment.
We havent really got anything to offer them for him.....maybe they can have Thorpe and pick 39.....?? Even that trade significantly favours the Hawks......
No one seems to want Thorpie, so his trade value is almost nil.

Are we all forgetting the emergence of Mitch Clark from the Lions? 198cm and 95 kg - was certainly not a ruckman when he was recruited. Cam is only 4cm shorter and slightly lighter.

I've seen Cam play a handful of times at certainly looks like a handy player. If anything he reminds me a little of Mitch with his athleticism and his ability to move forward and kick goals (and is a much better kick for goal too). The game today requires players to cover more ground and be more athletic, especially ruckman.

I think we should settle for the rest of the week, and pick Cam up with our first selection in the ND.

Are we all forgetting the emergence of Mitch Clark from the Lions? 198cm and 95 kg - was certainly not a ruckman when he was recruited. Cam is only 4cm shorter and slightly lighter.

I've seen Cam play a handful of times at certainly looks like a handy player. If anything he reminds me a little of Mitch with his athleticism and his ability to move forward and kick goals (and is a much better kick for goal too). The game today requires players to cover more ground and be more athletic, especially ruckman.

I think we should settle for the rest of the week, and pick Cam up with our first selection in the ND.

Goodes played ruck at 194cm and Jason Blake filled in at 189cm.

Obviously we would not be looking at Cam as a replacement for either Taylor or Renouf in our best 22, but as an emergency backup I think it has merit.

Our other talls (Dowler, Thorp, Roughy, Buddy, Shoe etc) are just not back up ruck options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Available ruckmen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back